Tennis 2021

saivet

Don't get why net cords can't be an automatic replaying of the point
It happens too often to be worth replaying a point each time I think and doesn't always work in your favour.

Maybe someone has some stats on points won/lost after hitting a net cord

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Same as a reward for hitting the inside of the post. Can go either way.
Nah, it’s part of the game. Bit like saying if the all hits the post it’s a drop ball.
But you generally have to have beaten the keeper anyway to score via the post. Striking the net cord can earn you a point from a shit shot

It happens too often to be worth replaying a point each time I think and doesn't always work in your favour.

Maybe someone has some stats on points won/lost after hitting a net cord
Tennis is a game that can literally have a single match go on forever because of the daft final set rules. I'm not sure "adding time" is much of a concern.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I do kind of get the Fernández support, her vibe is a bit more sympathetic.
Yeah. You can see Raducanu is a bit more “emotions on my sleeve” type. Whereas Fernandez seems more reserved. Which can sometimes make them more endearing. Especially when you don’t know anything about either. I hadn’t heard of either of these people until let’s say a couple weeks ago. I guess in time it’ll be great to know why their personalities actually are.

Sylar

Some of Fernandez shots are immense, ones she has no right to do

ExoduS

Man I am old... I am in my mid 30s and these two look like as if I am watching two junior players, two kids almost. Emma has a good charisma, hopefully she becomes a star as women tennis needs a star desperately.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
What’s the reason why there are so many breaks or close games? It’s rare to see break opportunities come so frequently. Just both playing really well or weak serves? Seems 2nd serve % is quite high, perhaps that?

saivet

Yeah. You can see Raducanu is a bit more “emotions on my sleeve” type. Whereas Fernandez seems more reserved. Which can sometimes make them more endearing. Especially when you don’t know anything about either. I hadn’t heard of either of these people until let’s say a couple weeks ago. I guess in time it’ll be great to know why their personalities actually are.
During the tournament I think Fernandez has fed off the crowd a lot. While the UK audience focuses on Raducanu, it's Fernandez that has been involved in the thrilling matches against top players this tournament where the crowd has helped her massively

El Zoido

What’s the reason why there are so many breaks or close games? It’s rare to see break opportunities come so frequently. Just both playing really well or weak serves? Seems 2nd serve % is quite high, perhaps that?
It's someone more common in women's tennis.

But you generally have to have beaten the keeper anyway to score via the post. Striking the net cord can earn you a point from a shit shot
Hitting a ball with that power and that close to the net I don’t see as a shit shot at all. As I say, it’s like claiming Tony Yeboah’s goal was a shit shot, beating a keeper means nothing if that bounces back out from the bar. You’re dealing with incredible levels of power and accuracy.

I mean, I get your point, but I do see it more as a reward for these players seriously going for it.

saivet

Neither player has a dominant first serve and both are good returners.