Tennis 2021

saivet

Let's see.

Medvedev is not as much of a headcase as Tsitsipas, but needs to avoid getting broken early in the 3rd.
I missed the RG final, but from what I read, Djokovic played well for at least the first set.

wr8_utd

:'(
Massive test of Med's mental strength now. Two sets and a break up vs the GOAT in a Slam final. I do have more faith in him to hold his nerve than any of the other frauds from the next gen.

MattofManchester

Medvedev has cocked up quite a few times when he's got ahead in matches.
Needs to keep it together if he wants to win.
Keep the pressure on Novak and don't relent.

marktan

Is Djokovic fatigued or something? I haven't watched him much over the years but he's giving away a lot of points. The other guy hasn't even been impressive, Djovokic just looks really poor.

The Firestarter

Is Djokovic fatigued or something? I haven't watched him much over the years but he's giving away a lot of points. The other guy hasn't even been impressive, Djovokic just looks really poor.
No I think Medvedev has been pretty impressive.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Is there a particular reason Djokovic is supposed to be fatigued or just a long season? Medvedev’s killing it but Djokovic looks way off.

wr8_utd

Medvedev has cocked up quite a few times when he's got ahead in matches.
Needs to keep it together if he wants to win.
Keep the pressure on Novak and don't relent.
That match vs Rafa at the ATP Finals in London. Absolutely phenomenal bottle job.

prateik

Medvedev has clearly been better.. but Djokovic is really having a stinker..

wr8_utd

Is there a particular reason Djokovic is supposed to be fatigued or just a long season? Medvedev’s killing it but Djokovic looks way off.
I don't really believe he's fatigued as he often gives off that impression and then goes on to win. However, he HAS played a lot of tennis at this USO. He's only had one straight sets victory this tournament.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Out thought, out played , and out mentalled. This will go down as Djokovics worst loss and Medvedevs finest.

Amazing performance by the Russian. Let's hope we get part three at the aussie open.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
L.O.L at people thinking this was tactics from Djokovic. Weirdos.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think one thing has been made clear. Djokovic is good, but he's no Botic van den Zandschulp.

MattofManchester

Out thought, out played , and out mentalled. This will go down as Djokovics worst loss and Medvedevs finest.
Not really.

I'd say it's about time the young lot got their act together.

Big 3 have been beatable for some time now.
Young guns have needed to step up but never did. Maybe until now. Don't know yet.

marktan

He's been better, but just not super impressive. The pattern of play seems to be mostly them playing it to center, and when Djokovic tries to hit it to the line he misses. A couple of strong shots from Medvedev too but I used to watch more Tennis back in the early Federer / Nadal days and the shot quality just seems a lot lower.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Medvedev has been the best player at the tournament and a fully deserved champion.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Djokovic now at 12-1 if anyone fancies it.

Nah me neither.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
This is astonishing. Russian hasn't even played well in this set, Djoko has lost every single game by missing some simplest of shots.

prateik

I'm really not enjoying this.. it seems like there are a lot more unforced errors from Djokovic than good winners from Medvedev.
edit: his serving has been great though.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Calling this a stinker by Djokovic is a disservice Medvedev. Yes Djokovic is playing quite poorly, but Medvedev has been beating him into submission from the start of the match.

Brophs

The One and Only
Corden. That's this match ruined, then. Off to watch an old episode of Bullseye.

saivet

He's been better, but just not super impressive. The pattern of play seems to be mostly them playing it to center, and when Djokovic tries to hit it to the line he misses. A couple of strong shots from Medvedev too but I used to watch more Tennis back in the early Federer / Nadal days and the shot quality just seems a lot lower.
I agree with you. Medvedev has played well but I don't even think this is anywhere near the best we can see from Medvedev.

He's served brilliantly though.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Calling this a stinker by Djokovic is a disservice Medvedev. Yes Djokovic is playing quite poorly, but Medvedev has been beating him into submission from the start of the match.
For first two sets Yes. This set, Djoko has just gifted him the games.