Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

massi83

Just booked ticket to see Zverev tomorrow in Sydney. Never seen live tennis before but always been a massive fan, and I play myself so quite buzzing!
You still need tips for AO tickets?

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
You still need tips for AO tickets?
Yes please - we are going for the quarters / semi’s not sure what to expect and we haven’t booked a ticket for the stadium yet. Just want to know what’s best to do to see the tennis for a day or two

massi83

Yes please - we are going for the quarters / semi’s not sure what to expect and we haven’t booked a ticket for the stadium yet. Just want to know what’s best to do to see the tennis for a day or two
Hmm ok. I've been mainly in the first week, maybe once in quarters. For men's quarters you should buy tickets soon (semi is already sold out I think, or pricy through viagogo). There is a clearly different atmosphere in day and night sessions, night is better and pricier but both are fun. I wouldn't do both on the same day though. For day session you don't want to be in the sun whole day. If you are in Melbourne already during first week ground pass is good just to souk up the atmosphere, it is festival-like there. If you don't get the tickets you were looking for, sometimes they put small amount of tickets to sale in the morning, about 7-9am. If you have some more specific questions, I can try to answer those as well

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Hmm ok. I've been mainly in the first week, maybe once in quarters. For men's quarters you should buy tickets soon (semi is already sold out I think, or pricy through viagogo). There is a clearly different atmosphere in day and night sessions, night is better and pricier but both are fun. I wouldn't do both on the same day though. For day session you don't want to be in the sun whole day. If you are in Melbourne already during first week ground pass is good just to souk up the atmosphere, it is festival-like there. If you don't get the tickets you were looking for, sometimes they put small amount of tickets to sale in the morning, about 7-9am. If you have some more specific questions, I can try to answer those as well
this is great advice. I didn’t know if we had a chance to get into the stadium if we had day pass tickets. I think semi tickets are around 300-400$ each which I’m prepared to pay as I don’t think I’ll ever be in Melbourne again. In your experience is spending this money worth it or is just being in the atmosphere good enough?

massi83

this is great advice. I didn’t know if we had a chance to get into the stadium if we had day pass tickets. I think semi tickets are around 300-400$ each which I’m prepared to pay as I don’t think I’ll ever be in Melbourne again. In your experience is spending this money worth it or is just being in the atmosphere good enough?
Ground pass is great for the first 6-7 days, but largely useless in the second week, you can’t get into Rod Laver or Margaret Court Arenas with it. There are good matches on smaller courts still in 3rd round.

Depends how big of a tennis fan you are. I haven't had the need to go to the semis or final. As it seems to be your second time watching atp tour, then 4th round or quarters should do just fine

saivet

I've never been to the AO but have been to Wimbledon and RG a few times.

I've heard the AO is probably the best slam to visit and from my experience of watching tennis the atmosphere and seeing a live match is probably enough for your first time. You'll enjoy your time regardless of the tennis or who you see play and anything less is a bonus.

I think tickets deeper into the tournament are great but if you want to see a particular player or a great match you have to be prepared for disappointment.

Personally think R4 is probably the best balance.

Brophs

The One and Only
I’d be amazed if she’s the only one. Some very nervous players on the tour, I imagine.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Folks, let’s open a 2023 thread? I did not get my tagline so I’m on strike. :wenger:

saivet

Kyrgios out of the Aussie open. Djokovics half of the draw just got easier.
I think if Rune makes it, that could be a tricky QF.

The biggest worry for Djokovic is his hamstring as he's cancelled a number of practice sessions.

Provided it's minor I his first week is easy enough to make the QFs but if it's not okay by the second week, think it could play a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.