Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

wr8_utd

:'(
Carlos takes the first set. It's been a fairly uninspiring and dull final so far.

Brophs

The One and Only
For reasons of sleep, I could really do with Alcaraz getting that break back quickly.

wr8_utd

Yes Ruud! Takes the second set. Carlos' level has really dropped off for the moment.

wr8_utd

He looked quite tired late in his last match in my opinion. His oppo too.

Actually, looking quite tired now. Casper should be much fresher.
Yup he looks exhausted at the end vs Tiafoe but I think he'll be fine, he's pretty young. 13 years ago, Nadal played 10 hours vs Federer and Verdasco in back to back matches. I think Carlos will be fine doing the same.

Zen

Yup he looks exhausted at the end vs Tiafoe but I think he'll be fine, he's pretty young. 13 years ago, Nadal played 10 hours vs Federer and Verdasco in back to back matches. I think Carlos will be fine doing the same.
So.... 1 long match before the final compared to 3? Weird comparison :lol:

wr8_utd

So.... 1 long match before the final compared to 3? Weird comparison :lol:
Nadal also had just one day rest as opposed to Federer's two, spent more time on court than Federer and still won. Carlos is young and extremely and I think he similarly won't be that affected by fatigue. Tennis players are just exceptionally fit athletes.

Zen

Yeah and Carlos is also only 19 years old. Nadal was 22 - it's a substantial difference.
And a 5 time Slam winner in his 8th final - 2 of which were 5 setters themselves.... just an all round mad comparison.

Zen

Rick Astley casually sitting 2 seats away from New York legend of legends Jerry Seinfeld is the wildest thing I've seen all year.... that meme has done wonders for him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Just realised the automated umpire doesn't call out after volleys. Annoying once you're aware of it.

wr8_utd

And a 5 time Slam winner in his 8th final - 2 of which were 5 setters themselves.... just an all round mad comparison.
The comparison is mainly that when you're young and fit with exceptional movement (as Nadal was then) and Carlos is now, I don't think there's a huge impact on your level in the game. If he loses today, I don't think it'll be because of fatigue but maybe more to do with inexperience.

Zen

The comparison is mainly that when you're young and fit with exceptional movement (as Nadal was then) and Carlos is now, I don't think there's a huge impact on your level in the game. If he loses today, I don't think it'll be because of fatigue but maybe more to do with inexperience.
And fatigue comes from inexperience of not being able to manage games to perfection, which includes managing them around your fitness to go the distance. Thanks for agreeing.

wr8_utd

Ruud should have done a bit more there. A bit too passive from too far behind the court.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Alcaraz had three night sessions in a row with 5 sets. His legs will feel this slowly..

wr8_utd

Ruud really needs to do a bit more in these rallies when returning. Had a great chance at 0-15 with the second serve and then got so passive on the 15-15 point. And then another return long at 15-30. Just really poor a game. I think Carlos breaks here now.

wr8_utd

Ruud probably should stop returning the second serves from so deep. You can see he's graduated from Rafa's academy. :lol:

wr8_utd

That's one of the worst tie breaks I've ever seen. 2 backhand shanks, two forehands that went over a hard long. Ruud should have broken for the set and then goes on to play that tie break.

Status
Not open for further replies.