Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
I could hear him cry on radio. Sounds awful. I don't know if he can come back but that sounded horrible. Did anyone see what happened?
Nope. Sounds like he's rolled his ankle. Not something you really see at high level tennis

MattofManchester

Not to take away from Zverev's injury, but this is exactly why Clay shouldn't be played indoors.
The clay is damp, and heavier and it becomes harder to slide over the surface as there's more resistance.

Swiss_Red89

Damn...Get well soon Zverev.

Neverthless, not Human what Rafa is showing day by day. If his injuries were that bad he wouldn't be able to play on that intensity. He is either a bit of a showman or Dr. Fuentes is his best friend.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
That's game over, no Wimbledon for him too. Was really playing so well. Hope he wins his first slam soon.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Damn :( that’s no Wimbledon for him either, gutting for Zverev.

This bodes well for Nadal’s chances in the final. If Zverev took the second set it would likely have been a 5h+ game.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Not to take away from Zverev's injury, but this is exactly why Clay shouldn't be played indoors.
The clay is damp, and heavier and it becomes harder to slide over the surface as there's more resistance.
I agree. Did he roll the ankle while doing a slide? I don't know whether closing the roof is done for the sake of tv scheduling like the night matches but I think making all these adjustments to sports for the sake of tv is negatively affecting sports.

ExoduS

I am beyond sad and frustrated. Not just because of the injury - off course i am most sad about that, but the way Zverev handed that first set and couldn't finish second set either while being in my humble opinion a better player was so frustrated to watch.

wr8_utd

:'(
Nadal needs to play a lot better in the final even if it's Cilic or Ruud. You can't be this bad and get away with it in a Slam final.

RORY65

Nadal needs to play a lot better in the final even if it's Cilic or Ruud. You can't be this bad and get away with it in a Slam final.
Whoever he plays in the final won't be as good as the last 2 opponents he's had in fairness and despite the patchiness in his play he's still such a daunting opponent at Roland Garros. Zverev getting injured helps him though because it's difficult to know what he would have had left in the tank if that match had gone on forever as it looked like it would.

Yagami

Good post resistant
So, Nadal is skipping Wimbledon

*clears throat*

nooooooooooo

Jev

So, Nadal is skipping Wimbledon

*clears throat*

nooooooooooo
Very surprised he can resist the temptation to go for the calender Slam which would make him the undisputed GOAT. Maybe he doesn't really believe he can beat Djokovic at Wimbledon.

Ladron de redcafe

I am beyond sad and frustrated. Not just because of the injury - off course i am most sad about that, but the way Zverev handed that first set and couldn't finish second set either while being in my humble opinion a better player was so frustrated to watch.
On the other hand, Rafa showed a lot of mental resolve in a very important match and it's always nice to see him in another final.

Here's hoping he extends the slam record to 22.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Very surprised he can resist the temptation to go for the calender Slam which would make him the undisputed GOAT. Maybe he doesn't really believe he can beat Djokovic at Wimbledon.
Must be to do with his foot. It all rests on Sir Andy of Murray's shoulders now. Who's currently on a 5 match winning streak in preparation!

Skills

Snitch
Again for me it comes down the same thing. The likes of Zverev and Tsitsipas just don't have the weapons required to kill off points in those situations. They're good players, but you're going to eventually face an onslaught from Rafa/Novak/Djokovic when they'll start hitting through you and peppering the lines. The only way to counter that is by attacking yourself, and they don't have it in them.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Again for me it comes down the same thing. The likes of Zverev and Tsitsipas just don't have the weapons required to kill off points in those situations. They're good players, but you're going to eventually face an onslaught from Rafa/Novak/Djokovic when they'll start hitting through you and peppering the lines. The only way to counter that is by attacking yourself, and they don't have it in them.
Zverev and Tsitsi are both fundamentally entitled, pampered pr*cks, to be fair. The sooner they go, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.