Tennis 2024

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Medvedev has these weird groundstrokes that shouldn't fit into the court but somehow do.

Zen

You can see why it's now a game where you peak in your early 30's.... just having that mental experience gives a massive edge. Because I think Novak/Nadal end up taking that set from a clearly wobbling Danlil from where he was at 5-1 down.

Ibi Dreams

Medvedev losing some of the insane control he had on the match for the first 2 sets. A long way for Sinner to go though

Duafc

Village Lemon
Could see med winning a tie break here and taking it in 3.

Ibi Dreams

Could see med winning a tie break here and taking it in 3.
I could see anything at this point. Tight set, Sinner is closing the gap and Medvedev is the more likely to be affected by fatigue.

saivet

The match has definitely changed since Medvedev was 5-1 up in the 2nd set. I was genuinely thinking that his performance was bordering on one of the best performances I've seen in a grand slam final.

His level dropped and Sinner has improved and right not it's anyone's game.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Great hold tbf, felt like Med was really slowing down there.

MattofManchester

Medvedev seems to be struggling to generate pace since then. Most of his shots sitting up in the court now.

saivet

I'm actually hoping for a Medvedev win. I think he's a good character and after losing from two sets up vs Nadal a couple years ago, this would be a painful defeat to take again. Sinner will get his opportunities again too.

Ibi Dreams

I'm actually hoping for a Medvedev win. I think he's a good character and after losing from two sets up vs Nadal a couple years ago, this would be a painful defeat to take again. Sinner will get his opportunities again too.
I want Sinner to win, but I've been impressed by Medvedev this tournament and have warmed to him a bit. Wouldn't be too disappointed if he gets the win

Duafc

Village Lemon
Med not coming in and slowing down in shots and movement, Sinner looking looser and ripping the FH now.

Give us the 5th!

Duafc

Village Lemon
We’ll have a really great winner either way here.

Med up to his tricks, didn’t phase Sinner after the 3rd.

Ibi Dreams

Even if he loses, it's been a great comeback from Sinner. He was in huge trouble and he's dug himself out of it really well

Zen

I'll never understand how Danlil won in straight sets against Novak... but thank god he did otherwise he'd facing 0-6 right down the barrel here, ouch.

saivet

I think Medvedev is playing a bit too passive now, he already looks exhausted and having these long rallies is surely only going to work in Sinner's favour

Zen

Yeah, Danlil's in major push mode now, which is a bit concerning.... hey but I'll never write anyone off.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Wonder how many, if any, have won their first slam from 2 sets down :nervous:

MattofManchester

Bit crazy he's still in this, given his court time.

It's a bit of a repetitive pattern for him.
Not being able to clinically and easily see out matches in the early rounds has become a bit of a routine for Med.

saivet

He ended up losing both but in both finals against Nadal, Medvedev broke Nadal when he first served for the title on both occasions.