Terror attack in Moscow music hall | Do not post shooting videos or dead bodies

Pickle85

There's loads of Russians pointing that out as a reason for why fixating on the UA plated van was ridiculous. I don't see why they'd lie about that. Anyway, 2.5m Ukrainians fled to Russia since the start of the invasion, I'd be shocked if none of them are driving UA plated vehicles.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1312584/ukrainian-refugees-by-country/ every source I can find says 1.2 m Ukrainian refugees to Russia since the invasion. Where's 2.5 coming from?

Anyway, I'm being argumentative. It's just annoying when someone with no real idea states something as truth that's founded on guesswork.

Mike Smalling

Kind of incredible that the western powers warned about an attack two weeks ago, and it still goes through with such devastating effect.

An indictment of Russian intelligence, or just impossible to prevent all such attacks?

Suedesi

You working on a Four Lions sequel?

Artem: How we gonna get there?
Aleksandr: What we'll do is we'll get a van with Ukrainian plates and drive it up through 700km of enemy territory. Nobody will stop us because we'll go at night, real sneaky like.
Artem: Woah yeah, fantastic Idea, let me call Yuri, he's got the ostrich costumes.
Yes, but it's called Four Bears this time

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Kind of incredible that the western powers warned about an attack two weeks ago, and it still goes through with such devastating effect.

An indictment of Russian intelligence, or just impossible to prevent all such attacks?

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City

That would be both.

I'm however confused about the ISIS strategy in the last months. If it wanted to regain support in arab/muslim populations, it's doing a terrible job. They also do pop up at quite interesting times.

Last edited:

Chipper

Adulterer.
Shit, this is the first I've seen of this tonight. I have some Russian relations, not good at all. One extended family member we fear was bumped off by Putin, another living as a disident journalist in Berlin and some in Moscow and St Petersburg.

Seems it's not completely clear who's done this yet? Whether it's ISIS, Ukrainians or someone else it's still innocent people suffering.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It begs the question what is ISIS and who does it serve.

I remember a lot of people here buying the zionist propaganda in October by the mouthful and once it comes to light that it was completely unfounded it so happens that the zionist are doing what they accused others of, as is their MO, and their owned/influenced media keeps silent.

I suspect this is going to be a lot more complicated than "oh, they did it, you can go home now folks".

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

I remember a lot of people here buying the zionist propaganda in October by the mouthful and once it comes to light that it was completely unfounded it so happens that the zionist are doing what they accused others of, as is their MO, and their owned/influenced media keeps silent.

I suspect this is going to be a lot more complicated than "oh, they did it, you can go home now folks".
What are you hinting at?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Very weird post.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
“ISIS-K has been fixated on Russia for the past two years,” frequently criticizing President Vladimir V. Putin in its propaganda, said Colin P. Clarke, a counterterrorism analyst at the Soufan Group, a security consulting firm based in New York. “ISIS-K accuses the Kremlin of having Muslim blood in its hands, referencing Moscow’s interventions in Afghanistan, Chechnya and Syria.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/22/world/europe/isis-moscow-attack-concert-hall.html

Suedesi

She's in DC, so unless she has an inside source, she's speculating like the rest of us.
Just glanced at her Twitter timeline, she sounds like a hack

It's too bad because her PBS series was incredible

The United

Putin probably just let it happened, he has never cared about human life, why would he start now?

Besides, fear is a useful weapon for him.
It is true that Putin does not care much about his own people or people in Russia. But almost all of his resources are probably fixed in Ukraine, and when the bald dude marched to Moscow, they had little resistance. Based on those, I would say the capacity of their intelligence must be pretty bad or stretched out too far for domestic terrorism. They are only quick to beat up protestors, it seems.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
You working on a Four Lions sequel?

Artem: How we gonna get there?
Aleksandr: What we'll do is we'll get a van with Ukrainian plates and drive it up through 700km of enemy territory. Nobody will stop us because we'll go at night, real sneaky like.
Artem: Woah yeah, fantastic Idea, let me call Yuri, he's got the ostrich costumes.
Guy Ritchie, that you?

And several of you missed the VAN has BELARUSIAN plates, not Ukrainian.

Last edited:

Suedesi

Don't forget this one:

Sure, but even you could admit that she sounds ridiculous. If only the Russian police would stop harassing journalists, opposition, gay poeple and instead focused on terrorism they could have stopped this. What would she have said about 9/11? Or the Boston marathon bombers? Just tasteless

hobbers

Putin will have to figure out a way to blame Ukraine, because he's hardly going to be able to get satisfying retribution against ISIS.

He's already got an iron grip on Russia so events like this just make his government look incompetent domestically and feeble to the rest of the world.

nimic

something nice
Scout

Could you be a little bit more specific? What exactly do the zionists have to do with this, or ISIS?

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Because the head of the libertarian caucus in Israel's ruling Likud Party promised that Russia would pay for October 7th terrorist attacks.
What is the libertarian caucus in Likud?

RedDevilQuebecois

I go out shopping for a couple of hours and then I read these. What the heck is going on here?

Very likely. Furthermore, I was baffled earlier as someone pointed out that it took one hour for special forces to be deployed. One would expect Moscow police to have a certified SWAT team on the ready.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Sure, but even you could admit that she sounds ridiculous. If only the Russian police would stop harassing journalists, opposition, gay poeple and instead focused on terrorism they could have stopped this. What would she have said about 9/11? Or the Boston marathon bombers? Just tasteless
First one seems a bit unnecessary. The second one is crass but a reasonable enough criticism of an oppressive police state. I'm sure there were plenty of folk legitimately criticising US foreign policy after 9/11 too.

Suedesi

Putin probably just let it happened, he has never cared about human life, why would he start now?

Besides, fear is a useful weapon for him.
You're probably right.

One must ask how did the CIA have such accurate warnings about a terrorist attack in Moscow? A plausible explanation is that the intelligence came from its sources within the FSB. This would suggest that the FSB was aware of the impending attack but allowed it to proceed.

Suedesi

First one seems a bit unnecessary. The second one is crass but a reasonable enough criticism of an oppressive police state. I'm sure there were plenty of folk legitimately criticising US foreign policy after 9/11 too.
Raoul was banning people left right and center then. :D

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
You're probably right.

One must ask how did the CIA have such accurate warnings about a terrorist attack in Moscow? A plausible explanation is that the intelligence came from its sources within the FSB. This would suggest that the FSB was aware of the impending attack but allowed it to proceed.
Why the CIA would warn Russia if the source was within the FSB, the FSB would already know