Terror attack in Moscow music hall | Do not post shooting videos or dead bodies

hobbers

After mass shootings and bombings and fires, all attackers escape the location.

All are later captured with no further violence, no suicides, no suicide vests, no martyrdom.

Sounds more like a certain call of duty mission than a terror attack.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It is always attractive to imagine that everything has two sides (for many people it's just black and white, or good and evil, or God and Satan).

However, real life is usually more complicated.
Indeed but we are currently at a polarising moment. That's how it is with wars. There is no doubt that China, Russia and Iran are supporting each others aggressive foreign policy agendas. There is no doubt that Western Europe and the US have the opposite agenda but being fragmented democracies they lack the focus to address it. After Ukraine and Gaza it will be Taiwan. Fudging the situation and saying it's complicated is to miss the wood for the trees.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Yeah… heavily armed men aren’t going down without a fight. They probably wouldn’t spill all their plans and motives instantly either. I guess this was all an inside job after all.
Breivik did both of those things. He had different motives of course, but they don't all want to die.

Jev

Maybe slightly less incendiary comments from Putin than one might have feared? For now at least …

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
While Putin wants to shoehorn a Ukraine angle somewhere, he doesn't seem to go all in on that narrative. Maybe he wants this to die down as soon as possible? ISIS claims it, Ukraine is 'somehow' involved, but Putin doesn't commit.

RedRover

While Putin wants to shoehorn a Ukraine angle somewhere, he doesn't seem to go all in on that narrative. Maybe he wants this to die down as soon as possible? ISIS claims it, Ukraine is 'somehow' involved, but Putin doesn't commit.
Give that even the Russian state media is reporting that the US warned about it, I suspect that's exactly what he wants. Being unable to protect your own population while you're sending hundreds of thousands of young men to die isn't a good look.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
After mass shootings and bombings and fires, all attackers escape the location.

All are later captured with no further violence, no suicides, no suicide vests, no martyrdom.

Sounds more like a certain call of duty mission than a terror attack.
How can the attackers just get away. You would expect the security forces to seal off the whole area.

Assuming they were so unorganized that the attackers could indeed all escape unharmed. How come they found them so quickly and could arrest heavily armed terrorists without any fatalities.

Next. If they are islamists the usually don't plan to escape at all but die as martyrs to collect their 70+ virgins in paradise.

Nothing makes sense and everything looks very fishy at least.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Give that even the Russian state media is reporting that the US warned about it, I suspect that's exactly what he wants. Being unable to protect your own population while you're sending hundreds of thousands of young men to die isn't a good look.
Plus/and/or he also knows that all he probably needs to do is plant the seed. Given the fact we have a Trump walking around here who talks about far more bizarre "theories" and people picking up the little droplets and running with it despite having zero to substantiate it - Putin can do something similar with things that on paper at least seem more plausible to the unknowing observer.

Proof that our population on average is probably far more moronic bc at least we re generally not under direct threat from our government about opinions, nor do we live in a state controlled media bubble like they do there.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Logically i think this sort of act are too big to be an inside job.

The amount of ready to die personnel risk getting caught, executed and probably got their whole life destroyed on top of some spetnaz torture, i dont think even the Russians are that mad that a group of people willingly be doing that sort of shits against their own countrymen. Not to mention it's too big of an operation to kept a lid on.

And Putin dont need this. He had a war ongoing with all eyes on Israel Palestine, even if he needs it it doesn't have to be this big.

As for the information, i bet there are always exchanges of information on going between countries and most of them are false alarm or managed to get squashed before it happens, but sometime it happened regardless. Didnt there was a lot of alarm raised before 9/11?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
First thought was how these cnuts would pin it on Ukraine. They didn’t disappoint.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The shear insanity of twitter.

The United

Logically i think this sort of act are too big to be an inside job.

The amount of ready to die personnel risk getting caught, executed and probably got their whole life destroyed on top of some spetnaz torture, i dont think even the Russians are that mad that a group of people willingly be doing that sort of shits against their own countrymen. Not to mention it's too big of an operation to kept a lid on.

And Putin dont need this. He had a war ongoing with all eyes on Israel Palestine, even if he needs it it doesn't have to be this big.

As for the information, i bet there are always exchanges of information on going between countries and most of them are false alarm or managed to get squashed before it happens, but sometime it happened regardless. Didnt there was a lot of alarm raised before 9/11?
The U.S. thought it was very serious and was so concerned that it publicly told its citizens to stay away from gathering places. Some people think the U.S. had to go to the public because they thought the Russians were not taking it too seriously. Who knows if the latter is true? But the idiot actually said it out loud in his press a few days ago. So yeah. And taking an hour for a SWAT team to get somewhere in Moscow was a bit ridiculous. Not to mention, most of the shooters just escaped out of the city.

Any leader would have a lot of explanations to give to their people for that kind of stuff. Not that the general public can do much about their leader in Russia, mind.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The official death toll is now at 133 (and still rising).

There's also a video going around of one of the arrests where an unidentifiable policeman (or, possibly, FSB) cuts off one of detainee's ears and makes him eat it. Not to get on my high horse or anything...

Pickle85

Amazing they managed to arrest them all so quickly and with no deaths involved for them. Miraculous almost.
More evidence, if any were needed, that the Russian police force are the most efficient, professional and uncorrupted law enforcement organization in the world!!

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I don't have any knowledge that makes me believe it is so but it isn't far fetched to think parts of FSB might know something and that that information doesn't reach the relevant people at the top of FSB because of the nature of the organisation. Wouldn't be unthinkable in any intelligence service, and especially not in the security services of a failing nation.
Doesn't seem possible. FSB should have credible enough information for the US believe is credible enough to tell FSB. I would say even more than credible as the filtering process would mean that first the people inside the FSB is very certain to pass it to the US. And the US would only pass information that is 100% certain to FSB, for credibility you will not go saying rumour to an external agency

If it was so certain, the US would know that the FSB kows that is that certain.

I am just using logic and occam's razor tells me that there is a much simplistic reason. Another source of the many that US has.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The official death toll is now at 133 (and still rising).

There's also a video going around of one of the arrests where an unidentifiable policeman (or, possibly, FSB) cuts off one of detainee's ears and makes him eat it. Not to get on my high horse or anything...
Hopefully they’ve got the right guys then….

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
You don’t want to out the informants do you?
So you would inform back the informant that give you the information in the first place...seems logic

Hey mate, the information that you gave me that this guy had a gun I just want to tell you...that guy has a gun!!

Wing Attack Plan R

He's a member of the Rusich group, a Russian neo nazi group fighting in Ukraine.
Here's a reddit thread about the guy.
Steve Buscemi to star in the film about him. Or maybe DJ Qualls, the spitting image.

I was in Moscow for the World Cup. Everything was great, clean, beautiful, people were friendly... but beneath it all was a simmering energy we all felt. We knew that if something went wrong, the safeguards we "enjoyed" as US citizens would be not be seen in Russia. My whole body unclenched when I made it through customs and was back in the shitty ol' USA. Something to be said for a country that can elevate a dog dick like Trump to the Presidency, and at the same time allow everyone to call him a dog dick and make fun of him. We realized that you were taking your fecking life in your hands criticizing Putin while in Russia.

Idxomer

I'll spell it out for you: the terrorist attacks on Oct. 7th in Israel quickly became about how the Jews deserved it, and US college students rallied to Palestine's cause, all but forgetting the atrocities in the first place. That's what I'm referring to.
You didn't need to spell it out, your first post was obvious enough. My reply stands even more now.