Terror attack in Moscow music hall | Do not post shooting videos or dead bodies

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The U.S. reported that they had intelligence indicating that ISIS was conducting reconnaissance in certain areas. It's possible they had prior knowledge of all potential escape routes.

Obviously, most terrorists getting away from the main city and arrested right away somewhere else with no resistance is unusual, but I am not sure if it indicates a false flag operation or something similar. It could mean that the Russian security service is just a bit shit, which is not exactly new and Putin was busy killing his rival and beating the protestors up for the past month or so.
It'll be much more beneficial and easier if all the culprit is shot to dead in the event of false flag. They can plant whatever they want afterwards. Having a living perp would complicate matters exponentially.

Yes they'll sing whatever Putin told them to with battery cord on their balls but regardless their identity would have been verified by every nation

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I didn't say it's false flag. Undoubtedly, the Russian security forces fecked up big time and let the attackers get away.

My guess is rather they arrested just some random guys and not the real terrorists to calm down the outraged public.
Highly doubtful. A random passerby would have plot holes gaping all over it'll be farcical. You can't just arrest Jim from Mc Donald and made him pretend to be a highly trained terrorist. And not while the whole world is watching. These kinds of shenanigans would be known to everyone and people will talk. You cant simply relay an order to a whole squad to capture some random passerby

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Highly doubtful. A random passerby would have plot holes gaping all over it'll be farcical. You can't just arrest Jim from Mc Donald and made him pretend to be a highly trained terrorist. And not while the whole world is watching. These kinds of shenanigans would be known to everyone and people will talk. You cant simply relay an order to a whole squad to capture some random passerby
I don't disagree with you. But if all happened as reported it's also highly doubtful.

The terrorists planned their attack so well that even could all escape unharmed and undetected. The security forces showed their totally incapability. They could seal the area and couldn't stop the attackers to leave Moscow.

Then these very smart terrorists who planned their assault and escape so meticulously suddenly turn into total amateurs. They flee all together, they trying leave the country over the most secured frontier, passing through a warzone. They let themselves get arrested without resistance despite knowing what will await them.
If you escape together hide in safe house first until things calmed down. Or you escape in your own, everybody taking a different escape route.

Things just don't make sense or add up for me.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
In all of this, I'm quite surprised that no one has demanded the head of the FSB to hand his resignation letter on Putin's desk just yet.
I can't remember the last time he did something like this with FSB and I very much doubt that he'll start now. They are the backbone of his power and they know that he'll cover for them regardless of what they do — and vice versa. It's very different from civilian branches of power — I'm sure that someone high up there would pay for this (not with his life though, that's something that he usually does with his opponents or the perceived traitors).

The United

I don't disagree with you. But if all happened as reported it's also highly doubtful.

The terrorists planned their attack so well that even could all escape unharmed and undetected. The security forces showed their totally incapability. They could seal the area and couldn't stop the attackers to leave Moscow.

Then these very smart terrorists who planned their assault and escape so meticulously suddenly turn into total amateurs. They flee all together, they trying leave the country over the most secured frontier, passing through a warzone. They let themselves get arrested without resistance despite knowing what will await them.
If you escape together hide in safe house first until things calmed down. Or you escape in your own, everybody taking a different escape route.

Things just don't make sense or add up for me.
It's entirely plausible that the terrorists are not that smart or whatever. This event unfolded to such a devastating extent not due to the terrorists being highly trained "professionals" or any such term, but rather likely because of deficiencies in Russian security measures.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I didn't say it's false flag. Undoubtedly, the Russian security forces fecked up big time and let the attackers get away.

My guess is rather they arrested just some random guys and not the real terrorists to calm down the outraged public.
Salah Abdeslam, one of the 11/13 terrorists successfully managed to leave not only Paris, but France after deciding that blowing himself up wasn't a great idea. He was found two months later in Belgium after an international manhunt. He then escaped again, despite the french and belgian police being present in force. He eventually was arrested two days later.

Does it mean that the French and the Belgian security services are shit too?

How would that even work? There's footage of the terrorists all over the net and people talk. Their identity has been independently confirmed.

Last edited:

Withnail

There's been several instances of Isis trying to escape rather than do the suicide bomb or go out in a hail of bullets. Surrendering might not be their memo, but Isis releasd footage from their body cams and claimed responsibility. Im not sure why there such a fixation of this being a smokescreen for someone else.
It's M.O. which stands for Modus Operandi and means Mode of Operation btw.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Salah Abdeslam, one of the 11/13 terrorists successfully managed to leave not only Paris, but France after deciding that blowing himself up wasn't a great idea. He was found two months later in Belgium after an international manhunt. He then escaped again, despite the french and belgian police being present in force. He eventually was arrested two days later.

Does it mean that the French and the Belgian security services are shit too?

How would that even work? There's footage of the terrorists all over the net and people talk. Their identity has been independently confirmed.
You don't see the difference here? 11/13 one terrorist escaped, only one. Don't remember in which attack he had been involved. Then it took months to locate and arrest him.

In Moscow all terrorists escaped after shooting and killing civilians for 18 mins inside a building complex. The security forces had more than ample time to seal off the area. They failed, okay. But then the arrested all terrorists within hours later after they traveled hundreds of km? Again the Western colleagues took months to locate a single terrorist who escaped. And Russia is much, much bigger and less populated. So I assume it's easier to for the terrorists to disappear.

Anyway I'm not saying it's a false flag operation, I'm just have my doubts whether we have been served the real story as many facts just look very unbelievable.
What could have happened? E.g. Putin could have known about the attacks and let them happen as he saw an opportunity to later the blame on Ukraine.
Then things went out of control and he changed strategy and arrested the attackers instead.

Last edited:

RedDevilQuebecois

No, the second is a picture of an intact Breivik for context.
My apologies then. I didn't recognize Breivik until you mentioned him.

With that in mind, I guess it means that the accused is kept healthy and clean prior to an appearance in court with respect to the rule of law. It's a stark contrast between a nation that has no rule of law (Putin's Russia with the 4 terror suspects) and another nation that abides by the rule of law (Norway with Breivik).

Last edited:

harms

Staff
@harms In your opinion, how much of the Russian population is going to believe this?
No idea to be honest. It seems so ridiculously far-fetched... but then so did the initial explanation of the Ukrainian invasion.

BarstoolProphet

No, the second is a picture of an intact Breivik for context.
For further context that picture is also taken from his appeal for parole over ten years after the 22th of July Attacks. Doubt you will find many that are happy that he's allowed perform this charade several times (sued the state couple of times, appealed for parole etc.).

Simbo

Russia's story is now that Ukraine co-ordinated with ISIS to perpetrate this attack. Main argument against a false flag is how Russia would organise it with ISIS, but if Ukraine apparently could then Russia certainly could. Enemy of my enemy etc.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Russia's story is now that Ukraine co-ordinated with ISIS to perpetrate this attack. Main argument against a false flag is how Russia would organise it with ISIS, but if Ukraine apparently could then Russia certainly could. Enemy of my enemy etc.
He is obviously desperate to spin it against Ukraine for domestic audiences so he can maintain and prolong support for the war and potentially do another mobilization.

Last edited:

harms

Staff
@harms In your opinion, how much of the Russian population is going to believe this?
You were asking about it. According to FT (the article is behind a paywall) who themselves reference a poll by OpenMinds a little over 50% of Russians blame Ukraine, 27% blame ISIS, 6% blame the "collective West".

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He is obviously desperate to spin it against Ukraine for domestic audiences so he can maintain and prolong support for the war and potentially do another mobilization.
Obviously the question posed to the asinine clueless, how would Ukraine benefit from this?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
They wouldn't, since it would have no bearing on what Russia is doing inside Ukraine.
Well it would make things worse for Ukraine when it comes to spin and recruitment from Russia.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well it would make things worse for Ukraine when it comes to spin and recruitment from Russia.
I don't think it will help or hurt personally, since Putin will do another mobilization anyway if he feels he needs more troops in Ukraine. At this point, it merely a terror event that foments domestic unrest among Russians and even if Putin accuses Ukraine of doing it, there's just too much information already in the public domain suggesting otherwise.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Iran also warned Russia.

DUBAI, April 1 (Reuters) - Iran tipped off Russia about the possibility of a major "terrorist operation" on its soil ahead of the concert hall massacre near Moscow last month, three sources familiar with the matter said.

"They (the members of ISIS-K) were instructed to prepare for a significant operation in Russia... One of the terrorists (arrested in Iran) said some members of the group had already travelled to Russia," the second source said.
https://www.reuters.com/world/iran-...-before-moscow-attack-sources-say-2024-04-01/

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Seriously, this has to be outright incompetence by the FSB. That being said, I would now include Putin when I say the FSB.
Nope. Opportunistic Putin seeing something else he can blame Ukraine for. Dictators never give a shit about their subjects, they are there to serve his interests, dead or alive.

the hea

Seriously, this has to be outright incompetence by the FSB. That being said, I would now include Putin when I say the FSB.
People get detained within minutes for holding up a sign protesting the war in Ukriane but it took the security forces 60 minutes to respond to this decpite all the warnings. It sounds like more than just incompetence to me.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
People get detained within minutes for holding up a sign protesting the war in Ukriane but it took the security forces 60 minutes to respond to this decpite all the warnings. It sounds like more than just incompetence to me.
I think its entirely plausible that Putin was well aware of the warnings from the US, but cynically thought that if he allowed such an event to happen, that he could parlay it into a propaganda win against Ukraine. This would also explain the languid initial response from the security services. Once they realized that there was far more carnage than just a few people dying, they were forced to scramble a response to contain the situation. It would also explain the assailants momentarily getting away before being apprehended.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
You were asking about it. According to FT (the article is behind a paywall) who themselves reference a poll by OpenMinds a little over 50% of Russians blame Ukraine, 27% blame ISIS, 6% blame the "collective West".
I'll take your word for it and can't say that I'm surprised by Ukraine taking most of the blame. I'd have thought that more would've automatically combined it with the "Collective West" but it depends on how the question was asked.

Thanks, mate.