Tevez considers retirement

phelans shorts

Poor soul. He seems unstable and doesn't know what he really wants. I might be a bit more sensitive since Enke's death but I don't really hold a grudge against him. He seems unsecure, he's messing with his own career and not happy with himself and his life. I really do feel sorry for him, he's a good footballer and has no idea what to do with his talent.
tbf its doing the opposite to me, after what enke had been through then what mr tevez has been through is nothing, he needs to grow up imo

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Fergie killed his career.

Woops, did I say that?

psyke
I know your taking the piss and this is more to those that actually believe your opinion, but what exactly does Tevez being shit, have anything to do with Fergie? He played arguably his best football with United in his first season and then fell off the radar when Berbatov was brought in. If he's that mentally fragile then perhaps its time he does retire as he obviously can't handle the competition.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Tevez eh, he wouldn't be the brightest spark in a box of broken bulbs that fella.

It's all downhill from United, so the saying goes.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Anyway you bunch of plonkers, has anyone yet mentioned that he's probably talking about retiring from International Football? Not Football in general?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
They say you shouldn't be in a job if you aren't happy but I think this is something else. What is he possibly gonna do if not this? He's probably dumb as feck with no skills besides football. When you grow up poor playing football in the streets, that's all you do. And that's why he's so good.
It's an odd mentality though. When you see him on the pitch he works his ass off. Guess he's a good worker then.

decorativeed

He "has to keep playing" because he has a large family? He earns £130,000 a week or so. Last year alone he earned about £7m. I'll not earn in my life what he earns in ten weeks, yet my family will survive - what does he need all that cash for?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
This is what happens when you do something purely for money. It's his own fault for being a greedy mercenary.

VoetbalWizard

He "has to keep playing" because he has a large family? He earns £130,000 a week or so. Last year alone he earned about £7m. I'll not earn in my life what he earns in ten weeks, yet my family will survive - what does he need all that cash for?
maybe he doesn't want his family just to survive, but to be set forever.

if i was making that much, i'd say i'm making the dosh not for my family, but for my kid's kid's kid's kid's. generational wealth. set your lineage up forever.

MarkC

To be fair it can't be easy missing your kids grow up however much money your on you can't buy that back. Obviously being at city doesn't help.

decorativeed

maybe he doesn't want his family just to survive, but to be set forever.

if i was making that much, i'd say i'm making the dosh not for my family, but for my kid's kid's kid's kid's. generational wealth. set your lineage up forever.
I'm fairly sure you could live very comfortably on £7m for the rest of your life in England, probably more so in Argentina.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
To be fair it can't be easy missing your kids grow up however much money your on you can't buy that back. Obviously being at city doesn't help.
Yeah, you can sympathise with that.

Mind you, why doesn't he move the kids over to live with him? Loads of people move abroad to seek work, without even thinking about leaving their kids behind. Why can't someone as well paid as Tevez do the same?

It is disruptive, joining a new school, learning a new language but most normal people would see this as a small price to pay to keep the family unit together (providing they can afford it)

Viper KGB

I always felt that this could of been one of the reasons why we delayed trying to sign him up.

He has previously said that he wants to play for Boca in the prime of his career, not when he's washed up.

Waltraute

She-Devil
Mind you, why doesn't he move the kids over to live with him? Loads of people move abroad to seek work, without even thinking about leaving their kids behind. Why can't someone as well paid as Tevez do the same?
If you believe what's been reported in the press, his daughter used to live with him while he played for us. If I recall correctly, he even brought up the fact he didn't want to uproot her and put her through the process of changing schools & making new friends as one of the reasons why we shouldn't be cross with him for signing for City.
Since he split up with the mother of his daughters they've moved back to Argentina.
(Hangs head in shame for knowing such idiotic tabloid gossip. :( )

I never thought I'd say this, but I actually feel sorry for the lad. The press have constructed this Emo!Tevez persona, and whatever he says they report it in the tone of a spoilt, petulant, whining, self-pitiying moron.

'Only my family knows how much I've suffered at United!'; 'I just wanted to be loved! It's a basic human desire!' (He's obviously been listening to The Smiths during his tenure here); 'They crushed my dream!'; 'I'm so bored and life is mean & unfair!'

I just can't believe a man with his background and his attitude on the pitch is such a stereotypical emo prat. Perhaps it's karmic justice, but I can't help but cringe on his behalf. Imagine having that persona broadcasted to the world... :nervous: