Thank you Jesse

Rocknrolla69er

I didn't say it is him and him alone, he is but part of the problem...arguably the most obvious perpetrator of unprofessionalism in the post Fergie era.

My "method of argument" is actually spot on, I'm stating facts which you don't want to take on board and learn as you've a soft spot for Lingard.

If my frustration and anger is evident it's because I actually love the club and seeing terms like "once a red" and him being praised for his time here disgusts me.

• He was a moron on the bus at the West Ham game, posting footage of the incident immediately to his social media accounts... does that sound like a player focused?
  • He was warned over his behavior in the US - Fact
  • He continued to be an idiot on social media with childish posts to his social media
  • His focus going into a huge game at Anfield was on his own brand, not his actual job, he performed terribly on the back of that ridiculous event.
  • He refused to play - Fact
  • He most likely is indeed one of a few players leaking info to press / outsiders - The latter is confirmed. Fact.
  • He repeatedly posted photos of himself with another club - Fact

From start to finish he's been the beacon of everything wrong with the club post Fergie, there are numerous instances time and time again where his off field carry on clearly has had an impact with on field antics.

Let me ask you one simple question... How come we don't see and hear these types of incidents with Liverpool or City players?

Do you realize that to compete at the absolute top level items that are on my list above are not part of successful teams agendas? When was the last time you saw or heard City / Liverpool players carry on like any of the items on that list?

Practically zero off field drama and two of the most successful teams in the world, what a co-inky-dink.
Totally agree.

I find the terrible behaviour worshipping cult absolutely unreal, they've made these arse hole, self entitled players into icons. You couldn't make it up

NewYorkRed

Thank you Jesse, you got to live a fan’s dream and initially looked like you appreciated that fact but then the fame, money and your lack of talent turned you into every fan’s nightmare.

Honestly he’s my most disliked United player of all time. What a horrible personality off the pitch and the definition of average on it. Cya never.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Scored some cracking goals and regularly turned up in big games.

Scored at Wembley several times including winners (Fa Cup, League cup, Community Shield)

Always worked hard on the pitch.

I'll believe this gossip about 'bad attitude' and 'leaking' when it's actually been confirmed and not just the fantasies of supporters.
Nice post.

Jesse had a lot of great performances for the club, some real memorable goals and he has a well deserved spot in the clubs history.

I wish him well and hope he is successful in his next club

Everyone else: stop acting like Leeds fans

devips

Nice post.

Jesse had a lot of great performances for the club, some real memorable goals and he has a well deserved spot in the clubs history.

I wish him well and hope he is successful in his next club
I wish him well too. Hope he does well in his next club.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I nominate this for the worst thread of the year.
Why….he won us an FA Cup when we were down to ten men. I was at Wembley that day and had a great night on the back of it. Won us the charity shield and scored in the League cup final also. The guy did something for us.

Keefy18

Totally agree.

I find the terrible behaviour worshipping cult absolutely unreal, they've made these arse hole, self entitled players into icons. You couldn't make it up
Absolutely.

Just keep protecting bang average unprofessional players time and time again, then wonder why the club is performing so badly?

Tavern in the town

Absolutely.

Just keep protecting bang average unprofessional players time and time again, then wonder why the club is performing so badly?
I’m sure my opinion on RedCafe is having a huge influence on the club’s performance.

lex talionis

Truly shocking that some supporters of Manchester United, of all clubs, are willfully indifferent to the behavior of this player. If we were talking about the reincarnation of George Best a bit of slack could be cut for off-pitch stupidity, but if you’re not such a player and you undermine the club you can get the feck out of here.

Maticmaker

Was his own worst enemy at times, but I wish him well.

Our best player without the ball for a few seasons, Rooney in particular should value Jesse's running off the ball, that enabled him to score quite a few goals.

A 'red' through and through, hope Jesse finds a manager who not only appreciates what he can do and doesn't ask him to do things he can't.

Keefy18

I’m sure my opinion on RedCafe is having a huge influence on the club’s performance.
These player releases are coming on the back of the supporters singing "You're not fit to wear the jersey".

Supporters opinions matter.

Redlyn

Overstayed his welcome by about half a decade, thankfully he is now leaving but it's a shame it wasn't in better conditions given he is a local lad.

I wish him best of luck in the future.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
Was his own worst enemy at times, but I wish him well.

Our best player without the ball for a few seasons, Rooney in particular should value Jesse's running off the ball, that enabled him to score quite a few goals.

A 'red' through and through, hope Jesse finds a manager who not only appreciates what he can do and doesn't ask him to do things he can't.
Being able to play football to a professional standard I would have thought would have to be a minimum requirement

Tavern in the town

These player releases are coming on the back of the supporters singing "You're not fit to wear the jersey".

Supporters opinions matter.
Weren’t Lingard, Mata, Matic and Cavani heavily rumoured to be leaving before those chants?

Maticmaker

Being able to play football to a professional standard I would have thought would have to be a minimum requirement
True, but that's a charge you could lay on a number of our current squad.

Technical incompetence and 'schoolboy' errors have abounded all over the pitch; poor sense of positioning, in transition especially; inaccurate/poor weighted passing; being unable to control a ball with one touch, laughable attempts at pressing, demanding 'ball to feet' then losing it, ineptitude at tackling, (coming from wrong side/wrong foot in particular); attempts at playing out from the back (embarrassing); one size fits all for free-kicks, no one really going for the dead-ball line and crossing back into box, very few (if any) players arriving late in the box, etc.

I am convinced that at times we could have had two extra men on the pitch and we still would have be struggling in certain areas. Finding space/breaking the opposition lines is one thing we have not been able to do, time and again against packed defenses, that was Jesse's party-piece, he was never really effectively used that way after Rooney left.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
True, but that's a charge you could lay on a number of our current squad.

Technical incompetence and 'schoolboy' errors have abounded all over the pitch; poor sense of positioning, in transition especially; inaccurate/poor weighted passing; being unable to control a ball with one touch, laughable attempts at pressing, demanding 'ball to feet' then losing it, ineptitude at tackling, (coming from wrong side/wrong foot in particular); attempts at playing out from the back (embarrassing); one size fits all for free-kicks, no one really going for the dead-ball line and crossing back into box, very few (if any) players arriving late in the box, etc.

I am convinced that at times we could have had two extra men on the pitch and we still would have be struggling in certain areas. Finding space/breaking the opposition lines is one thing we have not been able to do, time and again against packed defenses, that was Jesse's party-piece, he was never really effectively used that way after Rooney left.
It may have been the idea, but the opposition knew Lingard posed little threat so were not drawn out of position. Anyway Lingard leaving may be part of the start of a new era where we no longer indulge sub-standard players for years on end.
I'm interested to see if Rashford can regain his form with Lingard out of the way.

Keefy18

Weren’t Lingard, Mata, Matic and Cavani heavily rumoured to be leaving before those chants?
They were, but the point remains...both the board and most fans are fed up with their carry on.

On and off field antics are not up to scratch for United.

lsd

The Oracle
There are enough threads on lingard here that is really pathetic to come into this one to spew more hate on the guy.

He was a United payer came through the ranks and achieved things we can only dream off.

To be at United since he was a boy to one day scoring the winner in an FA Cup final is a fantastic story.

He deserves our thanks and respect

Varane around town

Shame it got sour at the end.

Lingard could've/should've been a solid squad player for us. He scored some big goals and for the majority of his career he looked like one of the players who genuinely wanted to be here.

Turned sour at the end. I don't blame him for being annoyed at the club blocking his move to West Ham to then barely play for is. I do blame him if he was unprofessional or the phantom leaker.

Personally I'll remember him for the 2 goals and the dance at the Emirates and I think some mid-table Premier League club is going to be picking up a bargain here.

Andersonson

Perreira Lingard Depay

Those were the days.

Some stunning goals, has to be said, but the celebrations are laughable. Good luck Messe

jesperjaap

He did produce some decisive moments with big goals for us....................but he was here from 12, I mean you would expect any attacking player to produce some crucial moments.

I think he had two good spells as a Utd player, a decent season uner Mourinho and the other one was on loan at West Ham!

He lived a dream, earned a fortune and produced little, that is the truth of his United career, whats to thank him for?

led_scholes

None of those are things for fans to hold against him. He always tried hard and he did deliver in certain key moments.
Yeah he always tried hard, especially the last 2 years. He should have left 4 years ago. Never more than a squad player.

Tap

Thanks for the goals in the FA and League cup finals and the charity shield and for turning the Emeraites into your personal dance floor :D

Unfortunately such moments were too few and not enough to cover the mass of mediocre performances and alleged negative influences. He also overstayed his welcome.

Still, hope he does ok at his new club.

Grande

I think entitled and self inflated sums up a few of the most venomous couch critics in this thread more than Jesse, going on evidence.

Jesse from evidence, was a not guessed youth player who made more of his relative talents at United than the players he grew up with who were more hotly tipped (Pogba, Ravel Morrison, Tunnicliffe, Keane). Almost all I’ve heard from coaches and fellow players about him has been that has been hard working, humble, team oriented. He has most of the time been what you want from a squad player: Happy to play bit part roles even when he was a NT player.

He’s never been one of our best players, which would be daft to expect, and for those who expect that we should have 25 players at all times who deliver Bruno numbers, well, nuff said.

I think his patience wore out in the last stint under Ole, after West Ham. And tbh, it looks like Ole and the club did him a bit over, first exaggerating his role in the squad, why else would he stay instead of continuing to play (well) at West Ham, in the last third of his carreer? I don’t buy the money argument at all. He wanted to be at United, and he wanted to play football more than five minutes every otjer week, which is fair at that stage. Then he could have gone to play football in January, but the club denied him (understandably from the club’s perspective, with Martial rubberstamped out and Greenwood doing what he did), but I can understand Jesse being frustrated and feeling little valued at this point too. He has played a role at the club like Ole G Solskjær, Quinton Fortune and John O’Shea played before at the club: A squad member with good ethics, content to play part roles and changing roles and still giving their all while not making grapes, over a number of years. His coaches attest to that, amd those players are harder to come by than many think. Being kept at the end of the bench for a year towards the end of his contract will have to sting on a personal level. And before anyone buts in with: feeling sorry for a guy making millions a year on sitting on a bench selling clothes - I don’t feel sorry for him. Neither do I feel hatred towards him for not being a Pogba or Morrison level talent, and still making our coaches finding him useful to keep on, despite some fans finding him ‘not good enough for United’. But I can understand if he went sour and if his professionality dropped for a few months at the end of playing for one club his whole adult life and then some.

Not buying into rumours, but sticking to expressed facts, Jesse forced himself into the reckoning at his home town club, and contributed for ten years through a disappointing patch of the clubs history, in a way all his coaches bar one found valuable. For that he has my respect as a Man United player.

lonelyred

I think entitled and self inflated sums up a few of the most venomous couch critics in this thread more than Jesse, going on evidence.

Jesse from evidence, was a not guessed youth player who made more of his relative talents at United than the players he grew up with who were more hotly tipped (Pogba, Ravel Morrison, Tunnicliffe, Keane). Almost all I’ve heard from coaches and fellow players about him has been that has been hard working, humble, team oriented. He has most of the time been what you want from a squad player: Happy to play bit part roles even when he was a NT player.

He’s never been one of our best players, which would be daft to expect, and for those who expect that we should have 25 players at all times who deliver Bruno numbers, well, nuff said.

I think his patience wore out in the last stint under Ole, after West Ham. And tbh, it looks like Ole and the club did him a bit over, first exaggerating his role in the squad, why else would he stay instead of continuing to play (well) at West Ham, in the last third of his carreer? I don’t buy the money argument at all. He wanted to be at United, and he wanted to play football more than five minutes every otjer week, which is fair at that stage. Then he could have gone to play football in January, but the club denied him (understandably from the club’s perspective, with Martial rubberstamped out and Greenwood doing what he did), but I can understand Jesse being frustrated and feeling little valued at this point too. He has played a role at the club like Ole G Solskjær, Quinton Fortune and John O’Shea played before at the club: A squad member with good ethics, content to play part roles and changing roles and still giving their all while not making grapes, over a number of years. His coaches attest to that, amd those players are harder to come by than many think. Being kept at the end of the bench for a year towards the end of his contract will have to sting on a personal level. And before anyone buts in with: feeling sorry for a guy making millions a year on sitting on a bench selling clothes - I don’t feel sorry for him. Neither do I feel hatred towards him for not being a Pogba or Morrison level talent, and still making our coaches finding him useful to keep on, despite some fans finding him ‘not good enough for United’. But I can understand if he went sour and if his professionality dropped for a few months at the end of playing for one club his whole adult life and then some.

Not buying into rumours, but sticking to expressed facts, Jesse forced himself into the reckoning at his home town club, and contributed for ten years through a disappointing patch of the clubs history, in a way all his coaches bar one found valuable. For that he has my respect as a Man United player.
Good post.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea

You can thank him for his service sure but no player is entitled to support which by its very meaning is give and take.

If he didn’t feel appreciated he had plenty of time to receive it through his work. Again, support isn’t just given because you are a World class player, Pogba has World class ability and he lost his support. There’s plenty of players who are squad fillers that get cult following through their actions.

Don’t insult supporters who feel he didn’t produce enough for United, it’s a massive club with massive expectations and even when he was playing some people will believe he couldn’t amount to them. There’s nothing wrong with that, your talking top 3% of players who ever will.

Grande

You can thank him for his service sure but no player is entitled to support which by its very meaning is give and take.

If he didn’t feel appreciated he had plenty of time to receive it through his work. Again, support isn’t just given because you are a World class player, Pogba has World class ability and he lost his support. There’s plenty of players who are squad fillers that get cult following through their actions.

Don’t insult supporters who feel he didn’t produce enough for United, it’s a massive club with massive expectations and even when he was playing some people will believe he couldn’t amount to them. There’s nothing wrong with that, your talking top 3% of players who ever will.
I think you misunderstood a few of my points. I didn’t write about Jesse’s lack of support from supporters.

I wrote about several things, but I referenced also some supporters who have a) forgotten 90 % of his actual carreer here in favour of the last year or so, b) believe every rumour-based speculation about him over actual quotes from coaches and players from he was 16 to 27, and most importantly c) thinks not being world top 3% is a sufficient reason for morally condemning someone, slandering and ridiculing them, calling them names, saying good riddance etc. ie behaving like arses.

Last edited:

lex talionis

Another player who always put the interest of the club first. We were so blessed to have such players. Hopefully our new players will look to former players like Jesse Lingard to learn how to be a class act.