Thank you Mkhi

eat_grass

I think he would have been happy to go to Arsenal a couple of years back, but United were the far bigger draw for him. I don't think this move is something he wants now, but at least he's going somewhere he once saw himself playing.

prath92

It’s sad that we didn’t even have a transfer thread for his exit. His goal in EL final will always be remembered

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Is it weird to say he looks so fitting in an Arsenal shirt? I think it’s because when I look at him I just see someone mentally frail and reeks of 4th place quality.

Abhinav

Thanks Mikhi for the memories! He is wonderful to watch when he is confident but is woeful when he is feeling sorry for himself. Wish him well for his future and I have a feeling he will do reasonably well at Arsenal where the club and the manager may not be as demanding

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Classy guy who carried himself as well as could be asked. Helped us salvage last season with the EL and gave us some special goals to cheer. Wish it could have ended better but happy he got a chance to play at OT in front of our fans. Wish him all the best (well 2nd best anyway)

BaneIsPain

Thanks mkhitaryan. I hope you do well enough to leave for Dortmund in future

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Was so excited when we signed him, but it just didn't work out. Hopefully his next venture goes well and he can take some points off of our rivals.

Good luck to the bloke

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
Overrated but a nice guy. I blame money and Russian whores. Should have kept his head down and played football. Not great for me, very disappointed. Waste of money and space.

Shiva87

Sorry to see him move to Arsenal, he will definitely suit their style and may even put up great numbers!

Thanks for putting us back in the CL!

manutd7

Sorry to see him go under these circumstances. Obviously enjoyed his time with us and probably would have preferred to stay at the club. Hope he does well at Arsenal and kick starts his career again. Thanks Mkhi

Quizierda

Honestly I have never been a fan of Mkhi and never made secret of it while he was here..
I think - despite this one season at Dortmund - he's never been a world class player being able to carry a team through difficult games and make the difference. His character is too weak and that's why it didn't work out with Mou. Thus I was really surprised when we/Mou (!) signed him.

Nevertheless I might have kept him until the summer and would have paid Arsenal 35m+ to get Alexis. We are going to have tough games ahead and with our recent record of injuries I think we could have done with a back-up like Mkhi + this would have left Arsenal with the difficult task to get a good player in the winter. In this crazy market we would have been able to sell him in the summer for ~40m for sure.

I am interested in seeing how Arsene will use Mkhi as I think his best position is the No. 10 role for which they already have a superior player in Özil. His best qualities (the deadly pass and his shooting for example) are a bit wasted on the wing in my opinion. Therefore it will be interesting to watch how he will do at Arsenal.

After all I would like to thank you Mkhi for the moments of #mkhimagic and especially for your dedication during the EL which allowed us to get back to CL! All the best as you seem a fairly nice guy and I really hope you will avoid any major injuries.

Shark

@NotShark
Honestly I have never been a fan of Mkhi and never made secret of it while he was here..
I think - despite this one season at Dortmund - he's never been a world class player being able to carry a team through difficult games and make the difference. His character is too weak and that's why it didn't work out with Mou. Thus I was really surprised when we/Mou (!) signed him.

Nevertheless I might have kept him until the summer and would have paid Arsenal 35m+ to get Alexis. We are going to have tough games ahead and with our recent record of injuries I think we could have done with a back-up like Mkhi + this would have left Arsenal with the difficult task to get a good player in the winter. In this crazy market we would have been able to sell him in the summer for ~40m for sure.

I am interested in seeing how Arsene will use Mkhi as I think his best position is the No. 10 role for which they already have a superior player in Özil. His best qualities (the deadly pass and his shooting for example) are a bit wasted on the wing in my opinion. Therefore it will be interesting to watch how he will do at Arsenal.

After all I would like to thank you Mkhi for the moments of #mkhimagic and especially for your dedication during the EL which allowed us to get back to CL! All the best as you seem a fairly nice guy and I really hope you will avoid any major injuries.

You don't have to be a world class player to make the difference. Jesse Lingard is a prime example of that. I think Jose knew of his fragile character, which is why he bedded him into the team the way he did. He gave him all of the time in the world to settle, but nothing worked.

Zlatattack

All the best for the future. I really hoped he was going to be our Ozil, but he was more "Arsenal Ozil" rather than "Germany Ozil".

Ashley R1+O

Wish him luck, everything I've seen from him says he will continue to struggle in England no matter the team. League is to physical for him and he couldn't adapt for us, I don't see him adapting for Arsenal. But a great bloke none the less and I wish him all the best.

aprian38

Wish him the best and good luck. Thank you for the contribution in Europe League Win.

Lougie86

Supports
Partick Thistle
Was really excited when he signed but sadly it just didn't work out, as can happen sometimes. Not a slight on Mhiki's abilities just wasn't the right fit.

As other posters have said made a massive contribution to us winning the Europa League and getting back into the Champions League. Also provided a few moments of magic like the scorpion kick, although my personal favourite was the winner against Spurs :drool:

Best of luck to the lad

Schneckerl

All the best to him

Had some brilliant games, overall quite a disappointment though

At least he wasn't completely useless

The_Order

Always came across as a humble chap. Lord knows we don't have too many of those in the team. Would rather we kept him if I'm being honest.

Best of luck and to him. Hope he flourishes at Arsenal.

One last assist. And it's a doozy.

Grande

I’m one of apparently quite a few who wishes him the best apart from beating Utd, despite his meagre contributions here. I like his style of play, and when everything clicked, he was a joy to watch. Like in December 2016. Or several games in the Europa League. And a couple of games at the start of this season.

Both his (facial) hair and his movement and flair brought back memories of Eric Cantona. Unfortunately, his confidence seemed to have been directly opposite to Le Roi, and it was right for him and us to move onwards I think. In a way we could be grateful for the luck it maybe was that he could help us snatch Alexis Sanchez out of the deadly grasp of the bitterballs.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I think he will do better at Arsenal that with us. You don't go from one of the best chance creators to shite overnight. clearly the fit wasn't right at OT but when he was good he was pure class. sadly that wasn't anywhere near often enough. he will certainly do more for them that Welbeck has!

KTP_ZA

Wish him all the best at Arsenal as long as it's not against us, seems like a nice guy who has worked hard in his career and deserves success wherever he goes.

MadMike

Lads, it's a thank you thread. Not a critical analysis thread.

A thank you thread, is like a 'Sorry you're leaving' card for a coworker. You either don't sign it or you write something nice if you do. You don't write "You were a useless cnut who others had to cover for, so I'm glad to see the back of you" on a card, do you? So if you don't feel like saying something nice, maybe don't say anything at all?

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Wish him luck, everything I've seen from him says he will continue to struggle in England no matter the team. League is to physical for him and he couldn't adapt for us, I don't see him adapting for Arsenal. But a great bloke none the less and I wish him all the best.
I agree. He seems to always miscalculate the abilities of defenders and therefore loses the ball. Usually this is from the defender nicking the ball off him, muscling him off the ball, or a defender intercepting an attempted pass. I don't see how Arsenal improves him in this area. And his passing accuracy is so inconsistent that Wenger will be incensed pretty quickly.

Tango80

He's a bit of a strange signing in that he doesn't really strike me as a Mourinho-type player. Bags of talent but whenever he turned out a stinker and Mourinho challenged him, he seemed to hide. Shame really.

I think Wenger will be a better fit for him. All the best Mkhi!

eat_grass

Haven't seen it posted yet (but maybe I missed it):
"I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to Manchester United players and staff, and especially the fans for your love, passion and support. I enjoyed having the honour of contributing to the history of your great club by winning the Europa League.

"I will always cherish the memory of that moment and that match. And of my Boxing Day scorpion kick and of hearing the song “Whoa Mkhitaryan...” every time I stepped onto the pitch. I could name many more memories, I enjoyed every moment we shared and cheered together.

"At this stage of my career, I simply have to enjoy myself on the pitch and play. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and the best of luck to all of you! Life goes on."
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ansfer-from-Manchester-United-to-Arsenal.aspx

As Herrera said about him after the transfer, "gentleman."

Listar

Class thread. Finally a thread in redcafe that I am proud of.

All the best Mikhi and hope you do read this thread.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Great player, who played a crucial role in us getting a European Trophy.

I'm sure he'll do himself proud at Arsenal, and continue playing and behaving in a way that would make his Dad proud.

A class act. Thank you, Mkhi, keep on winning mate (unless it's against United :)).

Runner

Disappointed it didn't work out for him at Utd but wish him the best.

ghagua

Loved watching him play when he is on form. If there anyone who can get performances out of him then it will be Wenger and his system. Good luck Mhiki.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
When he is on form he is really good. Sadly it didn’t happen lately, perhaps he didn’t suit us.

Anyway, last but not least, thanks for everything, and the great assist (to Sanchez). Good luck.

Last edited: