Thank you very much Leicester City

matt23

Do you really think our current coaching staff would get anything good out of Sancho?

Maguire arrived here with a big reputation, started well, turned to shit. See also: all our other recent signings. We’ll end up sucking the love of football out of Bruno before long too.
No, I don't. I think Martial was probably the last player we signed who either played to his standard or improved while with us.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Do you really think our current coaching staff would get anything good out of Sancho?

Maguire arrived here with a big reputation, started well, turned to shit. See also: all our other recent signings. We’ll end up sucking the love of football out of Bruno before long too.
100% this. Look at the state of AWB now that the Manchester United toxins have done their work. Compare and contrast with the likes of Depay, Smalling, Lukaku and Di Maria who are like new men under the right management. We’re a graveyard for talent and have been for years.

Bondi77

Thank the owners for coming back a year later and getting him for £20m more than what we would have gotten him for when Jose wanted him.
Jose signed Lindelof for 35mil five days before Leicester signed Maguire from Hull so if Jose wanted him I am sure we could have got him for a lot less then.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was it Van Dee Vaart who slaughtered him before we bought him?

Wilt

Dear Leicester City FC,

Please can we have our money back.

Yours faithfully
Muggins United

Handsome Devil

Those first two goals comprised the most comical defending I've ever seen from a United team.
It's like having a back four comprising Mr Bean, The Chuckle Brothers and Norman Wisdom.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
I thought you guys should have tried to sign Hummels when he left Bayern. Would have been relatively cheap at 30M €, too.

SuperiorXI

He's in a bad place right now but he's our best defender on his day... although that's not saying much. Not sure what the answer is, don't think chopping and changing the back line is going to lead to solutions.

Maybe we need to go back to a back 5? Until we can get players of the right quality in.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Defence in the entire EPL is a mess right now, teams conceding lots of goals across the league.

Alemar

Even without that error, we would have still collapsed. Spurs seems much better coached even before the red card.
Maybe not. If we hold on our 1-0 lead, Spurs might have opened up and we could have damaged them on the counters. So...

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He's not that bad, average PL defender. £80m is obviously a ludicrous fee, about £30m would be fair.

In time we'll look back at the top of the transfer bubble and laugh. Not just Maguire going for insane money, plenty of other examples of £70m+ players in the last couple of years who have then been woeful... Almost none of these transfers actually work out. Was another thread on it.