The “Ole In” Brigade

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If we win tbe league some posters on here would try convince you we could have gone invincible if be we just had a different manager.
It seems some posters, actually one in particular, has decided the excuses that would be used if we win the league. Honestly, I hope we do a culling for some of these people similar to what was done for Pool fans last season

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We are on the right path to nowhere. The football is still counter attack, there’s no finals after two years. We are on a path.. a path to being the best imitation of Arsenal the world Has ever seen. But a lot would say this is what the Glazers always wanted from us.
Is the football we play exciting? And the answer to that for most of us is yes. And that's all that matters. I'd much rather prefer an entertaining brand of football than possession based LVG-ball.

Most of the attacks are because temas struggle to get back in shape after turnover of possession. Basically, struggle during transitions. All we're doing is punishing them and I honestly don't mind this type of play as we're going to get sufficient chances every game all the games.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
IF we happen to win the league, and any fans say "But" after the last matchweek is played... I might legitimately lose faith in humanity.
There are some in here that wouldn't celebrate it because then they were wrong :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
There are some in here that wouldn't celebrate it because then they were wrong :lol:
I believe that. We could win the league cup and it'd be "well it's only the Mickey Mouse cup!"

Ultimately, those people will never, ever support Ole no matter what he does because he isn't a 'name'.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The way Maguire takes 60 years to bring a pass out, I wonder why we don't dominate possession.
:lol: that's exactly what I was thinking. Push the ball 1 yard look up, push it another yard look up. Do this 5 or 6 times before he stops and plays it to whoever is beside him. Man Utd 50% possession, Maquire 20% all to himself.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
My condolences to you too.:angel:
What condolences? I was very vocal in wanting the thread closed because it was a totally irrelevant question. There is no debate that Ole is our manager for the foreseeable future, and I’m very happy that thread is now closed.

Note also that this thread is entitled ‘OleIN’.

Mainoldo

What condolences? I was very vocal in wanting the thread closed because it was a totally irrelevant question. There is no debate that Ole is our manager for the foreseeable future, and I’m very happy that thread is now closed.

Note also that this thread is entitled ‘OleIN’.
But yet your all over the rest of the Ole threads. If your that content go post in the Jack Grealish thread or something.

Acting smug over personal moral victories no one cares about but you. :lol:

tomaldinho1

I believe that. We could win the league cup and it'd be "well it's only the Mickey Mouse cup!"

Ultimately, those people will never, ever support Ole no matter what he does because he isn't a 'name'.
That is quite a jump from PL to League Cup in fairness....

Yours is a statement that needs context whereas @Tom Cato is not. Winning the PL in any capacity should bring all United fans to ecstatic celebrations and Ole would be untouchable. If we win the League cup, finish 7th and that's it, you might find you are rather lonely in your celebrations!

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
That is quite a jump from PL to League Cup in fairness....

Yours is a statement that needs context whereas @Tom Cato is not. Winning the PL in any capacity should bring all United fans to ecstatic celebrations and Ole would be untouchable. If we win the League cup, finish 7th and that's it, you might find you are rather lonely in your celebrations!
Yet, I can guarantee you that if we did win the PL this season, once the dust settled there would be posters shitting on it. Just like they shit on the run we've had lately calling it 'lucky', just like the people who shit on our 2020 form calling it redundant, or the people who ignore our long unbeaten run last season. Fact is, that there is a fraction of United fans on here that will not support the Manager no matter what happens, no matter the evidence put in front of them, they will twist everything to be a negative.

In any case, this is an Ole In thread. With that in mind, if we beat Wolves today, it will be our 2nd strongest start in the league since Sir Alex retired.

Lentwood

Seems like the consensus is turning....go back to the first few pages of this thread and I'd say 80% of the posts are from people hurling abuse at pro-Ole supporters. Now we've got one or two dissenters but the voices are getting quieter...

Or in summary 'I told you so' :D:D:D

SKS

It is almost as though it has become required to start with saying that Ole is not tactically great,

It may very well be true, but I am currently leaning the other way.

Like most fans I do tend to see smaller picture at times. "Cavani is outperforming Martial with the ball, therefore it is crazy not to play Cavani" type argument.
Yet Martial is getting a lot of playing time.

Could it be due to us having midfielders who absolutely thrive with a low backline and with space to operate? Fernandes is pure masterclass, but he is also being given space by Martial consistently threatening for the long pass.
Sure, we would have loved a Haaland type, who excels at that as well, but we don't have him. We have Martial. These nuances are completely overlooked. And I fall victim to the same thinking at times.

I had a slightly sad playing career myself, where I got to spend too much time warming benches in backyard leagues around Europe. Most of my time was spent as a backup goalkeeper in leagues where
my team would fight for any chance at all to play in Europe, regardless of whether that was qualification games in former soviet republics or even faroe islands. We were ecstatic if we could play anywhere on European stage. I have been fortunate to have a lot of good coaches, and been very fortunate to see how a these managers ideas (which I admit, at times made little sense in locker room) transformed to results on the pitch. And while on the bench as a backup goalkeeper, without realistic hopes of entering match, is a good place to observe :)
This is what I feel I see from Solskjaer. I mentioned the Martial effect on our. midfielders. You have James threatening with his speed and locking up opponents resources. You had Fred running around against PSG with a yellow and a half, but I assume this was a gamble from Solskjaer based on the necessity of a Fred to carry out his plan.

Questioning every single decision – or lack of decision – he makes at face value is too naive. We can't ignore that Solskjaer as a player was hailed as a tactical masterclass, he impressed with his ability to study the game, and was the player whom SAF himself expected a great managerial career. I still believe he makes very good tactical decisions, and that he is getting better every day. But people seem to believe that there are no details or nuances to his management, when reality seems opposite.
His main managerial mistake so far seems to be accepting the offer of a doomed Cardiff with the most eccentric owner we have seen in EPL.

Is he the answer for United? Not sure – but I love what I am seeing so far. Or rather, I love where we are at right now compared to when he took over.

The discussion on his managerial ability, and the biases he has to carry for a slightly silly scandi accent, as opposed to authoritarian southern european accent, has been based on sentiment rather than progress.
I base that solely on the massive progress we have made and are making.

Reactions: lysglimt

RUCK4444

But yet I’m in this one with you...

So this the new spot for the cool kids?
Yeah, but to be classed as cool you have to have a positive outlook and attempt to be remotely happy to support the club. :D

Come on Mainoldo, you can do it, type something positive, we will make you an Ole-Inner of you yet.

GoldTrafford99

Ole seems to be a decent manager but in the long run you need somebody better. Rival fans are probably quite happy with him at the helm right now.
And comparing him to Klopp and even Ferguson is laughable at this point.

He actually has much better stats after two years than both Klopp and Ferguson.

On top of that, why aren't we all asking this:

If @Mainoldo was chairman or owner of Manchester United throughout the past 100-years, he would have SACKED Matt Busby and he would have SACKED Alex Ferguson within a couple of years of them being our managers — which would have meant that this entire club would have a total of ZERO League titles and ZERO Champions League titles in our history.

Last edited:

tomaldinho1

Yet, I can guarantee you that if we did win the PL this season, once the dust settled there would be posters shitting on it. Just like they shit on the run we've had lately calling it 'lucky', just like the people who shit on our 2020 form calling it redundant, or the people who ignore our long unbeaten run last season. Fact is, that there is a fraction of United fans on here that will not support the Manager no matter what happens, no matter the evidence put in front of them, they will twist everything to be a negative.

In any case, this is an Ole In thread. With that in mind, if we beat Wolves today, it will be our 2nd strongest start in the league since Sir Alex retired.
Oh of course, there will always be the unhelpful minority on both sides. I think it would take a very special kind of moron to criticise whoever our manager is next time we win the PL though!

TheGame

Fully agree with this. Some people will find a way to have a go irrespective of anything.

OleBoiii

I'm surprised Mainaldo hasn't been banned for agenda posting yet. He had something like 1200 posts in the Ole out thread and now he's going all out here. I reckon the threshold for agenda posting must be very high.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I'm surprised Mainaldo hasn't been banned for agenda posting yet. He had something like 1200 posts in the Ole out thread and now he's going all out here. I reckon the threshold for agenda posting must be very high.
I've got the guy on ignore but I still see that he gets a ton of replies. If people stop feeding him he'll stop doing it.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Some people just won't accept that they could be wrong, it's just ego posting. I wonder if he is even a United fan. People like him would be arguing the we are not good enough no matter what. Unless we win the league with 114 points (maximum available) and scored 200 goals and conceded 0, people like him will still find stuff to whinge about.

Flexdegea

Don't know about anyone else, but haven't felt this close to a manager since the great man went. We've had so many big wins and this season so many wins where we hadn't looked like we could win, the spirit is incredible. Tonight was massive, this is a big statement in the league race in my opinion. Liverpool still heavy favourites but at least we matching them and giving it a fight at Christmas stage.

Been so far of the pace for last 8 years in the league. Loving it

Last edited by a moderator:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Don't know about anyone else, but haven't felt this close to a manager since the great man went. We've had so many big wins and this season so many wins where we hadn't looked like we could win, the spirit is incredible. Tonight was massive, this is a big statement in the league race in my opinion. Liverpool still heavy favourites but at least we matching them and giving it a fight at Christmas stage.

Agree with your first point I’ve not felt as much confidence and affiliation for a manger since Fergie and I’m a lot happier with how Solskjaer is building a team with depth.

A big thing for me has been my work WhatsApp group who have gone from joking “Ole out” all the time to accepting he’s done a good job and has had a lot of negative media compared to other managers doing worse. When other fans start to twig that I think something must be going right for us.

I don’t think we have a hope of winning the league although to be second with neither Martial or Greenwood anywhere near firing on all cylinders goals wise I think is a great job from everyone. We’ve got back into the habit of wining with good or bad performances or at least getting a point from behind. We’re certainly not perfect but the signs are there of a more resilient side that is slowly progressing.

People can moan and say we’d be nothing without Bruno or whatever but the fact is we do have these players because we took the gambles. I’m for once enjoying more games than I’m not watching this side

Flexdegea

Agree with your first point I’ve not felt as much confidence and affiliation for a manger since Fergie and I’m a lot happier with how Solskjaer is building a team with depth.

A big thing for me has been my work WhatsApp group who have gone from joking “Ole out” all the time to accepting he’s done a good job and has had a lot of negative media compared to other managers doing worse. When other fans start to twig that I think something must be going right for us.

I don’t think we have a hope of winning the league although to be second with neither Martial or Greenwood anywhere near firing on all cylinders goals wise I think is a great job from everyone. We’ve got back into the habit of wining with good or bad performances or at least getting a point from behind. We’re certainly not perfect but the signs are there of a more resilient side that is slowly progressing.

People can moan and say we’d be nothing without Bruno or whatever but the fact is we do have these players because we took the gambles. I’m for once enjoying more games than I’m not watching this side

That's the best bit. He got us into this position without Martial and Greenwood scoring goals. They were massive reason we finished strong last season.

Hopefully them hitting form soon gives us enough to pull away from the pack and keep with liverpool.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
As fecked up as that sounds, I actually think you're right.

It won't be many, though - but the fact that this category of "fan" exists at all is incredibly sad.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Or Ole is similar to Jose. Why did you not go with that line?:smirk:
:lol: Similar? We shoot more under Ole, big difference, we are trying to score. Jose trying to play safe all the time.

Even Spurs fans in Spurs forum can see the big difference. But you can't see it.
2020/21 - the main reason they are in front of us. They shoot more. You make your own luck right?
Utd Shots on target 85
Spurs shots on target 68
(The game we played them we had 8 shots on target to their 2).
So over the other 14 games we have had 60 shots to their 83..........

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer

He's by far the best manager overall but let's be honest, the other 3 were utter shit. From a football, personal and philosophical point of view. Under Ole, we have not progressed much further though, and people tend to forget how poor results quickly, for example how we crashed out of the CL.
Once the Europa league starts, I'm not sure we can keep up that pace in the PL anymore I'm afraid especially with our thin squad.

Red & White

I would absolutely love it if we won the league with Ole as manager. I saw him make his debut off the bench when I was a kid, against Blackburn in 1996 (he scored). I know it’s a huge ask to win it this season but even if we get some consistency in the last few months and finish well for a title push next season it’d be good progress.

Relem

Impressive to see such a pro Ole thread created pre Bruno. Let's all back our manager in the new year. The buzz is back!

Flexdegea

He's by far the best manager overall but let's be honest, the other 3 were utter shit. From a football, personal and philosophical point of view. Under Ole, we have not progressed much further though, and people tend to forget how poor results quickly, for example how we crashed out of the CL.
Once the Europa league starts, I'm not sure we can keep up that pace in the PL anymore I'm afraid especially with our thin squad.

Not progressed? What. This closest we been up table in 8 years. Regardless of where other clubs are doing, the whole 2020 think over 35 games played in league we are really close to Liverpool tally talking only 7 points in it. How the hell that not progress.

And then you say the squad is thin which ain't the manager fault.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Let me quote one of my posts. We've made decent progress from 2019. It's one of our strongest years, results wise. If we're talking about this season, we currently have the 2nd highest points total since Sir Alex retired after 15 games. Our form post lockdown is excellent too. We're clearly making strong progress, I mean just look at the teams we've dropped points too this season as an example of that progress. We rarely drop silly points anymore, thats a very good sign.

Last 7 Years Data:
Year Form (All Comps)​
Games​
W​
D​
L​
CS​
GF​
GA​
GD​
Win %​
2020​
56​
34​
10​
12​
26​
118​
57​
61​
60.7%​
2019​
55​
28​
12​
15​
16​
83​
59​
24​
50.9%​
2018​
52​
30​
8​
14​
18​
88​
54​
34​
57.7%​
2017​
66​
39​
17​
10​
34​
117​
44​
73​
59.1%​
2016​
59​
36​
11​
12​
20​
99​
56​
43​
61.0%​
2015​
53​
26​
13​
14​
23​
77​
45​
32​
49.1%​
2014​
46​
20​
10​
16​
15​
74​
55​
19​
43.5%​

Well this completes 2020. Promising season pushing us in the right direction. Scored the highest amount of goals too almost beating our best win percentage. Brunos had a huge impact in this team, been a fun year to be a United fan. Need to step up another gear in 2021 though.

KennyBurner

:lol: that's exactly what I was thinking. Push the ball 1 yard look up, push it another yard look up. Do this 5 or 6 times before he stops and plays it to whoever is beside him. Man Utd 50% possession, Maquire 20% all to himself.
This is one of the reasons why i just cant fully support Ole. Maguire has had this problem for over a year and yet it still continues. A great manager would instruct him to play quicker and take few touches. Most of our players have bad footballing habits that can be corrected with with proper training yet never is. Its why so many of us believe we coast by on individualism rather than managerial coaching.

Fletchageddon

This is one of the reasons why i just cant fully support Ole. Maguire has had this problem for over a year and yet it still continues. A great manager would instruct him to play quicker and take few touches. Most of our players have bad footballing habits that can be corrected with with proper training yet never is. Its why so many of us believe we coast by on individualism rather than managerial coaching.
Rio used to do this all the time. This is a Fergie play. You want centre backs who can play with the ball. He is trying to draw people out of position to then start of a chain of passes that opens their defence. Watch the old games, Vidic/Rio more often than not have the ball in the centre, then RB/LB makes the overlapping run on the outside creating space for midfielder in the centre or a route out for the ball. Currently AWB and Telles are not doing this and it clogs the pitch. Rafael and Evra were absolutely fantastic with their movement.

Gator Nate

IF we happen to win the league, and any fans say "But" after the last matchweek is played... I might legitimately lose faith in humanity.
Nah, don't lose faith in humanity. There are a select few we all know will do it. And we have no faith in them anyway, right? :lol:

Rio used to do this all the time. This is a Fergie play. You want centre backs who can play with the ball. He is trying to draw people out of position to then start of a chain of passes that opens their defence. Watch the old games, Vidic/Rio more often than not have the ball in the centre, then RB/LB makes the overlapping run on the outside creating space for midfielder in the centre or a route out for the ball. Currently AWB and Telles are not doing this and it clogs the pitch. Rafael and Evra were absolutely fantastic with their movement.
Took me a while to figure out that's exactly what Harry is doing. When we push up fast, the defense compresses, or stays so when they already are. I know we complain about the sideways and backwards passing, but it's because the opposition is clogging up the final third and we have to draw them back out. If we had as strong an attack on the right as we do on the left, I don't think we'd have this issue to the degree we do, but the defenses adjust to the fact that we don't so we are continually having to decompress defenses to work back in.

Falcow

That's a good record! But a record that doesn't make that much a difference in the end if you don't win your home games. people act like Ole is winning or has been even remotely close to winning the league. Ole's track record is that he's good in periods over a season, and he has never, not even this season, been good for a longer period of time. Win several games when he was caretaker. Then a poor end. Then good again. Then poor again. Then a dreadful start to the season. Then a good end to the season. Then a poor start again... and so on. Yes, Ole has been doing well for the last two games. But it's two games! It's not like it's two years ago he didn't manage to take a single point that was needed for the last two games for CL qualification. Or that he was totally under the bridge against West Ham in the first half. I mean, that was truly awful. What I think? Ole has built a good squad. Rashford has developed into a quality player. Bruno is a fantastic signing. We have the quality to do big things, and when we release them and when they get space - we can be very good. What I, and the players don't believe (according to Laurie Whitwell) is that Ole is a top coach. Which we obviously have seen evidence for time and time again. He can't set up a balance where we are good in attack and good in defense. It's almost always either. When we are good in defense and in the attack, it's almost always a counterattacking win against a big team. I'm thinking PSG away. Games like these. I can't remember a single league game where we have been very good at both ends this season. And Ole has been here for over two years! It's time for United to start dominating games and challenge for big trophies. I think that a really really good manager would challenge for the title with this squad. If you change Klopp and Ole, we could win the league. That's what I think's the difference. And that's why I don't think we can win it this year. That's why it's frustrating with Ole, because this season, this bizarre season, we could actually have a decent chance at claiming the title when everyone is dropping points. As the poster below me said, he isn't doing a bad job, but he isn't doing a particularly good either. Do people really think that we can't hire a manager who would do a better job?
I'd say there is a strong argument that we cant hire a manager to do a better job. Have you forgotten about the three previous managers that we hired? Did any of them do a better job? A trophy or two each granted but not trophies that we aspire to win.

What is you solution then?

Lentwood

The amazing thing is Utd have failed to win 6 PL games this season and four of those came in our first 6 PL matches

I’m convinced if we had had a proper pre-season we would have at least 2/3 more points now.

I’m pretty sure the wheels will come off at some point if/when we get a few injuries but the fact is we’ve been in title-challenging form since Bruno arrived

littleman

Yeah, and if we don't win the EPL the Ole supporters just disappear, never owning up to it

Or they say, oh at least we got top 4

Ultimately, these losers will never, ever own up to supporting the wrong person no matter what because they're losers

Halftrack

Yeah, and if we don't win the EPL the Ole supporters just disappear, never owning up to it

Or they say, oh at least we got top 4

Ultimately, these losers will never, ever own up to supporting the wrong person no matter what because they're losers
Post better.