The “told you so” thread

Himannv

Luke Shaw. I've always been a fan and supported him during his worst moments, especially amidst all the silly weight comments he was getting just a couple of months ago. He's my favourite player in the current squad and I'm so happy to see him play well these days and prove the doubters wrong.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Smalling being our best defender for the last 4 years.

Robbie Boy

Matic wasn’t going to be a good signing as he looked gassed at Chelsea. Tbf, he played well above what I expected from him for the first half of last season. Grand squad player but unfortunately he’s one of Jose’s ‘guys’.

TsuWave

The Glazer ownership would have a negative long term impact on the club.
you think our current predicament is due to glazer ownership?

if someone dies in a car crash you can't just turn around and say "i told them about them cigarettes". i mean the glazers have kept a relatively low profile and have been competitive/supportive of Mourinho financially

Renegade

Lukaku, was laughed at last season for suggesting that he’s nowhere near good enough for us (said he’ll be our own Benteke that will be sold as soon as modern manager comes in) but I guess his persona and ‘character’ was blinding many at that time still.
Pre match team huddles in front of the camera’s can do that I suppose. We’d probably laugh at Gerrard & Terry doing that.
I said this pre season, Lukaku’s last season performance were blown up, he never looked like a £75m striker at any point. I was told he was captain material and world class .

Last edited:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Can I make a prediction here, so I can “told you so” when it happens?

Our next manager will do worse than Mourinho has done thus far.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Luke Shaw. I've always been a fan and supported him during his worst moments, especially amidst all the silly weight comments he was getting just a couple of months ago. He's my favourite player in the current squad and I'm so happy to see him play well these days and prove the doubters wrong.
4 decent games in a row isnt quite that just yet!

PvsNP

We won't be competing for the big trophies until Woodward is gone.

Flanders Devil

If you have Phil Jones on the pitch and you're going to penalties, make him fake an injury and leave the game
Is this a legit tactic? If so, that’s a great idea...why not fake multiple injuries so only your accomplished penalty takers take them?

Flanders Devil

Always thought De Gea would come good, even when he was shaky at the start... I will admit tho, I didn’t think he’d go from good to God.