Television The 100

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
Anybody else watching/watched this? Just finished the third episode and it's quite good. The acting is pretty terrible at times but it's a similar-ish plot to some books I've read in the past (strangely not the ones it's based on though) so it's keeping me amused for the most part. Also it's got Marie Avgeropoulos in it - what's not to like?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I made it through 3ish episodes. Got bored. I watch some terrible TV shows, this didn't survive.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I watched 3 or 4 episodes of it, and got bored. I wanted to like it but it was altogether a bit too crap. Also, I remember thinking that everything that was going to happen was obvious, and there was some big reveal at some point (I can't remember exactly but someone betraying someone else but it not being who you're led to believe it is in the first place, all this with the subtetly of Grinner hitting on Alock's mom) which was rather shit.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Worst name for a show ever.
These disagree with you:

Emily's Reasons Why Not - The name is one of the many reasons why this sitcom didn't go over well. Heather Graham, you are so, so much better than this.

Good Luck Chuck - Rhyming names never work, and if I want to watch a geeky guy that's actually funny, I'll stick to 'The Office'.

Better Off Ted - Don't you want people to at least give your show a chance the first time it airs?

Love Monkey - This was supposed to be a show about a guy looking for love. It would have been more entertaining if it were about a monkey looking for love.

Master of Champions - This sounds like a role-playing game idea that a 12-year-old would come up with, but it was really just another odd talent competition.

Armed & Famous - This title is just frightening, and a good argument for gun control.

Pirate Master - I'm thinking the word 'Master' just shouldn't be used in television series titles. This one was like 'Survivor', but with motion sickness.

Flavor of Love - If this show is trying to tell me what love tastes like, I don't think I want any.

Women's Murder Club - If the writing reflected the thought process behind coming up with this title, I can see why the show got cancelled.

Cashmere Mafia - This 'Sex in the City' wannabe would have been more interesting if the women had been members of the mafia working under the guise of a couture cashmere-peddling group of fashionistas. (You're welcome, ABC.)

Notes From the Underbelly - No, this is not a show about an overweight person who finds mysterious notes in their fat rolls that warn them of future events. Although I'm getting good at coming up with ideas for television shows by trying to interpret their titles. (It's about a couple expecting a baby, in case you're wondering.)

It's Like, You Know - Yadda, yadda, yadda. Sorry, there will never be another 'Seinfeld'.

Suddenly Susan - I hate this title. Did the character wake up from a coma and suddenly realize she's Susan? No. But this show was suddenly cancelled.

The $treet - The money symbol is real clever, but it didn't help make this Wall Street drama very much of it.

Dot.Comedy - The title was so bad that it only lasted one episode.

The Biggest Loser - Why does anyone want to be known for the rest of their life as 'The Biggest Loser'?

Ugly Betty - I never started watching this show solely because the name is so lame.

Naked Science - National Geographic tries to grab your attention by using the word "naked". Male flips to channel for 3 seconds, then flips back.

The Naked Archaeologist - You might dream of this being a show where a naked Laura Croft-ish character globe trots in search of ancient artifacts, but it's actually about a bearded man who never strips down (thankfully).

Two Guys, a Girl, And a Pizza Place - Funny...This was actually also the pitch for the show.

Testees - (teenage boy snickers.)

The New Adventures of Old Christine - 'Adventure' is not a word that applies to sitcoms, and calling a character in your sitcom 'old' alienates some viewers.

Jake and the Fat Man - It's so bad and so perfect at the same time.

The Tyra Banks Show - (Shudder.)

Waldner

I think you all take your TV a bit too seriously.

Lastwolf

nah I watch some terrible tv but this was pretty boring its another in a long list of random theCW group of teenagers + love triangle + X event DRAMA! tv shows, the other year it was witches, this year it there have been Teenagers+lovetriangle+Aliens and +Mutants and this shit. The other two got shitcanned for terrible ratings already, from what I hear this one has been doing okay though, no idea why, I guess if you throw enough shit at the wall some of it'll stick.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
nah I watch some terrible tv but this was pretty boring its another in a long list of random theCW group of teenagers + love triangle + X event DRAMA! tv shows, the other year it was witches, this year it there have been Teenagers+lovetriangle+Aliens and +Mutants and this shit. The other two got shitcanned for terrible ratings already, from what I hear this one has been doing okay though, no idea why, I guess if you throw enough shit at the wall some of it'll stick.
Careful now, I liked Tomorrow People. More than this anyway.

Ekeke

Some of it was definitely terrible. Especially the part with the young girl, I stopped watching for a while after that because it was just nonsense.

I thought the series ender was okayish, I guess I do wonder what happened to a couple of the characters. If there is another episode I'll probably watch it to see what happened. After that, we'll see

LInkash

I liked it, got very interesting towards the end. I can see it being like Arrow, another CW show and go from strength to strength.

Waldner

Just finished the series, thought it was good personally. Not totally sure why it's getting the hate that it is.

Can't wait for season 2, plenty of questions left unanswered.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Didn't really like this much as I wanted to. Too many stupid things happen for me to really connect with it. Most of the characters are also annoying as shit. The ending was interesting enough though so who knows, might dip back into it with the second series.

Ekeke

Well I thought most of the arc stuff was boring and the part where the little girl

kills the main characters friend and then jumps off a cliff was painfully stupid. Most of the rest of the show was decent rather than good with the odd predictable part like Murphey getting revenge.

That would be why I don't think it was any better than for example Star Crossed which was cancelled, while this got a 2nd season.

Waldner

Anybody been watching the second season of this? They've been plugging it quite heavily in the UK compared to the first season. I'm currently 4 episodes in.

Janae from Neighbours and Marie Avergeropololopologopolopos are as good looking as ever. :drool:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Anybody been watching the second season of this? They've been plugging it quite heavily in the UK compared to the first season. I'm currently 4 episodes in.

Janae from Neighbours and Marie Avergeropololopologopolopos are as good looking as ever. :drool:
I'm 2 episodes in, it's got much better imo.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
It was so much better

Waldner

It was so much better
As in, it's now worse in Season 2?

I think it's lost a lot of its originality, now it's just some kind of Walking Dead/Lost crossover, but it's more gripping than the first season.

I want to know what kind of convenient turn of events will allow Jaha to meet up with the others despite being anywhere else on the planet right now

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
As in, it's now worse in Season 2?

I think it's lost a lot of its originality, now it's just some kind of Walking Dead/Lost crossover, but it's more gripping than the first season.

I want to know what kind of convenient turn of events will allow Jaha to meet up with the others despite being anywhere else on the planet right now
Sorry, i was talking past tense. Finished the the half season ages ago. I really enjoyed it.

Waldner

Am all caught up.

I want to say that this show is really good, I really do. It's got some great, unique ideas in it and is pretty intense and gripping. Comparing it to TWD, it is miles better. It's better paced, it's worst moments are better and its best moments are far better. But I can't shake off this feeling of being pissed off at the convenience of it all.

Jaha lands in a desert. A friggin' DESERT. He could've landed anywhere else in the world, anywhere. Lithuania. South Africa. North Korea. Except he lands in a desert which is somehow near a jungle which miraculously holds his people. He was falling to Earth is a feckin' missile, and landed within 50sq miles of his people. I can't even think of a convenient coincidence better than that.

Then you have the distances involved. They're apparently walking miles each day. Literally miles - 30/40+ easily. They're often doing this with injuries. How, are they some kind of superhumans? Do they deserve a spot in the next Avengers? And then there's the injuries themselves. Skinny kid gets a spear in the chest - all good! Rock smashed to the head? No damage! Come on, TWD may stretch the truth but if you get fecked there, you're fecked.

But hey, I could criticise it all day. The fact is, its entertaining and when you look past the whole landing a missile right next to your people thing, it's tense. Janae from Neighbours and Marie Avengersolololpohippopotamusogloloe are nice eye candy and now who knows WTF is going to kick off next.

Bebe

I know it's not exactly award winning material, but I love this show. None of the highly convenient plot occurences bother me because let's face it, we're talking the CW here. Frenetic plot, some pretty good casting, bunch of attractive women and a cool setting? Good enough for me.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Yeah I keep recommending it to my friends to watch but always say 'despite it being terrible'.

I have no idea why I'm hooked but I am and I want to see how it develops.

Marie Avgeregeregerepopopopopolous is wonderful too.

Bebe

Yeah I keep recommending it to my friends to watch but always say 'despite it being terrible'.

I have no idea why I'm hooked but I am and I want to see how it develops.

Marie Avgeregeregerepopopopopolous is wonderful too.
Marie Av-whatever is great... Lindsay Morgan (Raven on the show) is a stunner as well.

Waldner

Just watched the recent episode

Fecking King Kong :lol:

Interesting to see where they take Lincoln now. Presumably he'll die somehow as they won't go through all the drama of saving his life again now he's relapsed on the red drug. Also, Lexa looked much fitter than usual. Making the push to break into the top 2 of Janae and Marie Aveger...opolops

Bebe

I'm going to try and hold off so I can watch them consecutively...we'll see how long that lasts though.

Waldner

On the latest episode:

What a cnut! I didn't see that coming, I hope that bitch gets what's coming to her, if anything because it's now ruined the chance of seeing another snog between her and Janae :(

Really looking forward to the season finale now, although I fear that cow won't be getting her rightful comeuppance for a good while yet.

Waldner

All caught up, end of S2:

Curious ending. Plenty of questions for S3!

- I guess that was a nuclear bomb/warhead at the end, and that she was the woman the bloke on video in the lighthouse was referring to? Who would she want to blow up? I wonder if that is linking back to the grounders in some way.
- Janae is turning into a right little serial killer now isn't she? Her next story arc will be a bit different, I find it hard to believe that she'll do too much on her own. Where will she end up?
- Still hope that Lexa cow gets what's coming to her.
- Cage is obviously not dead yet. He'll be back, possibly to be revealed as a Grounder ally next season? Could see a big reveal of a further hook up between him and Lexa (cow)

Really enjoyed that season, good TV

Phurry

Furry Fecker
All caught up, end of S2:

Curious ending. Plenty of questions for S3!

- I guess that was a nuclear bomb/warhead at the end, and that she was the woman the bloke on video in the lighthouse was referring to? Who would she want to blow up? I wonder if that is linking back to the grounders in some way.
- Janae is turning into a right little serial killer now isn't she? Her next story arc will be a bit different, I find it hard to believe that she'll do too much on her own. Where will she end up?
- Still hope that Lexa cow gets what's coming to her.
- Cage is obviously not dead yet. He'll be back, possibly to be revealed as a Grounder ally next season? Could see a big reveal of a further hook up between him and Lexa (cow)

Really enjoyed that season, good TV
Yep, the conical object was a nuclear warhead. Agreed, re: the hologram
I reckon Lexa is going to get proper fecked in some way :lol:
Season 3 has been confirmed, late summer or fall release apparently. Can't wait, show just seems to have been getting better & better.