The 12th July in N Ireland

stevoc

You know how that ends though. Men in masks and kids building the bonfire wherever they want anyway. The council can't really win.
No doubt they would try something like that at first but all this nonsense has to end sometime doesn't it. Just like most of the contentious marches there will be opposition at first. The PSNI would have to police them and take down illegal Bonfires as soon as they pop up.

There are council ran Firework displays every year these bonfires should go down the same route. Only in certain locations convenient for everyone to get to and no more giant dangerous bonfires, tyres, flags, sectarianism, racism etc and supervised by police/council. If these bonfires are truly just part of the culture here then theres no reason anyone should resist the council making these things a safe family environment for people to enjoy.

stevoc

I think this is coming sooner or later.

How the feck can they get away with putting a bonfire in the car park of a leisure centre and shutting the facility down ffs??

I think its time the council stepped in and said you can have your bonfire but this is where you are having it and this is what will go on it.

The way it is at the minute is crazy.
Its mental and no community should have to tolerate it.

Eire Red United

Only in Northern Ireland would people be forced from their homes instead of moving a fecking bonfire.

The disgusting thing is if someone chose to stay in their home and got killed, it would change nothing. I'd be willing to bet the Bonfire would be in the exact same place next year.

They build the fecking things anywhere they want. I think it's time for the council to erect and control these bonfires.

Im from NI and i'm embarrassed by lots of the shit that goes on here. I have friends/family in England and some of them think i make up half the stuff that goes on here.
Sure why would people build flats next to bonfires anyway, idiots....

stevoc

Only in Northern Ireland would crazy shit like this happen.

Abizzz

Even their bonfires look shite. Made of aldi euro palletes :lol:

This is what a proper bonfire looks like:

Eire Red United

Still plenty of gobshites on our side too. Why not just let the Loyalists show themselves up for what they are and celebrate our culture properly with nights like the Feile last year, with thousands of people belting out Grace.

At least Sinn Fein were a bit better than the DUP at condemning that shite rather than actively supporting the bonfires.