The 2024 Carabao Cup Final - Chelsea V Liverpool

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Kick off: 1500
Date: 25th Feb

Mauricio Pochettino has asked Chelsea fans not to judge him on "winning titles" as the Blues target their first domestic trophy for six years.

Chelsea's last domestic silverware was the 2018 FA Cup, although they have since won four international honours.
Pochettino, who took charge at Stamford Bridge last summer, can win his first prize in England after previous spells at Southampton and Tottenham.

"For me, that is not the way to judge a coaching staff," said the Argentine.

"It's about being competitive and winning, but there are too many factors that influence.

"I think [victory on Sunday] is not going to increase my popularity or the way the fans are going to see us."

Pochettino used the example of Jurgen Klopp to reinforce his point, saying the Liverpool manager's reputation was not affected by a near four-year wait for his first trophy at Anfield.

"Klopp was good before he arrived at Liverpool," he said. "Now he's won the Champions League and the Premier League.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Deja vu from two years ago. Liverpool many injuries but will still be favourites. Do Chelsea stand a chance?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Deja vu from two years ago. Liverpool many injuries but will still be favourites. Do Chelsea stand a chance?
I guarantee about 70% of their players who missed their last game through "injury" are miraculously fit today.

If I hear about their injury crisis in the coverage today (but not Chelsea's, which has been all fecking season) I'll be miffed.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Feck this weekend. Another embarassing defeat

Leeds, City and Arsenal with big wins. Of course Liverpool will win

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Liverpool are gonna make our weekend even worse.. at least try and win Chelsea.

DennisReynolds

I guarantee about 70% of their players who missed their last game through "injury" are miraculously fit today.

If I hear about their injury crisis in the coverage today (but not Chelsea's, which has been all fecking season) I'll be miffed.
Alisson, Trent, Matip, Bajcetic, Thiago, Jones, Jota are all definitely out. Salah, Nunez and Szoboszlai are almost definitely not starting and probably not making the bench.

Great guarantee...

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
I honestly think that Chelsea have a really good chance. We've a couple of injuries to players that perform well in games like this (Jota, Allison, TAA) and we're probably due payback for doing them in the cup finals a couple of seasons ago. I can imagine they'll approach the game similar to the City one last week and try nick it 1-0

STFC1879

Supports
Swindon Town
From what I have been reading both teams seem to have plenty of injuries so it might even things up a bit, that said still think Liverpool have something about them so I’ll reckon they’ll nick it 1-0.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Alisson, Trent, Matip, Bajcetic, Thiago, Jones, Jota are all definitely out. Salah, Nunez and Szoboszlai are almost definitely not starting and probably not making the bench.

Great guarantee...
Let's wait and see. I'll bet Chelsea have more absentees but the narrative will be all about Liverpool's bad luck with injuries.

DennisReynolds

Let's wait and see. I'll bet Chelsea have more absentees but the narrative will be all about Liverpool's bad luck with injuries.
On pure numbers it'll be pretty close. In terms of first team starters it'll easily be Liverpool with more absentees.

Silverman

Reports saying there's no Szobo, Nunez or Salah. Add that to no Jones, Alisson, Trent or Jota and they could be in real bother.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I have a feeling a certain someone might rise again from the dead (deceased 12 November 2023, RIP) if Chelsea win this afternoon.

HappyCamper

Supports
Liverpool
I have a feeling a certain someone might rise again from the dead (deceased 12 November 2023, RIP) if Chelsea win this afternoon.
He might also rise if Liverpool scores early. Winning Xg etc.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
So Robertson and Konate come in. Still a threadbare squad. We are gonna have to dig deep to get this done but unfortunately I think the injuries will finally take their toll. I would be a miracle for Klopp to win this.

Resonance

So Robertson and Konate come in. Still a threadbare squad. We are gonna have to dig deep to get this done but unfortunately I think the injuries will finally take their toll. I would be a miracle for Klopp to win this.
Not sure you understand the meaning of ‘miracle’. Liverpool are favourites and rightly so.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Not sure you understand the meaning of ‘miracle’. Liverpool are favourites and rightly so.
Our injured players are a stronger starting eleven. We favourites because of the coach only. I think Chelsea take this and quite easily.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Liverpool fans desperately trying to frame themselves as the underdogs against this piss weak Chelsea side is really something. They will never be a giant club because the entire club from top to bottom has a small time world against us attitude.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
7 first team players missing: Alisson - TAA/matip - Curtis jones/Szobo - Salah/Nunez/Jota.

If Chelsea can’t beat this Liverpool lineup with the team/bench we’ve got out there then Poch needs sacking tonight.

90 + 5min

Liverpool having injury list like we had. Lets see how they cope with that. Chelsea despite being poor should win this.