The 442 Draft - R1 - P-nut vs Sjor/GSTQ

Which 442 will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheReligion

Abusive
I assumed Boniek would have played as a roaming second striker, not sure he has the positional discipline to play as a left-sided midfielder in a 4-4-2.

I think overall pnut has the clear edge in midfield and I like the balance of Bozsik next to Vidal playing box-to-box, whilst Giggs / Matthews crossing to Kocsis looks the cleanest threat offensively.

I think Sjor / GSTQ have the much better defence though and the Ferdinand / Cannavaro partnership is as good as it gets in this draft.

Up front both strike partnerships are complimentary and quite evenly matched. I thought pnut went too early with Eto’o first pick but it’s worked out quite well for him. For me it’s Kocsis who poses the biggest threat here though, I think he looks like the most dangerous out of all forwards on the park.
This captures my thoughts to honest.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Yeah I thought Boniek was a CM primarily.

How many games has he played LM or LW?
He played a lot of positions mate, but CM was not one of them. Did you mean attacking midfielder? Because he has played that role. He primarily was a free roaming left sided attacker but could land up anywhere on the pitch

TheReligion

Abusive
He played a lot of positions mate, but CM was not one of them. Did you mean attacking midfielder? Because he has played that role. He primarily was a free roaming left sided attacker but could land up anywhere on the pitch
Yeah sorry more central I meant. Just didn’t have him pegged as a wide man

GodShaveTheQueen

Yeah sorry more central I meant. Just didn’t have him pegged as a wide man
Do give the Boniek match compilation I shared in the thread earlier a shot though. It's a pretty nice match to what we are expecting off him in this game.

TheReligion

Abusive
Do give the Boniek match compilation I shared in the thread earlier a shot though. It's a pretty nice match to what we are expecting off him in this game.
I will do. My knowledge on some of the older players isn’t as good as many in these games so I might be well off the mark!

How do reinforcements work?

Giggs would be useful for you.

GodShaveTheQueen

How do reinforcements work?
We reverse the order of drafting, so essentially last in the table gets first pick. Same snake style drafting of 2 reinforcement picks. all players of losing teams shall be available.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I agree with this statement despite Lucio and Terry reminds me a lot of Lucio and Samuel. For me Samuel is a bit downgraded Terry. Lucio in Inter days was a better defender compare to his Leverkusen and Bayern, he changed his playing styles due to Mourinho tactics and I would say when both of them were on the pitch, Lucio was more of a covering cb who covered Samuel who was more of a pure-stopper. I can see Lucio and Terry partnership as Lucio-Samuel partnership esque.
Yes - was thinking the same thing that Pnut's central defence would be like a slightly upgraded Lucio-Samuel pairing.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Good game peanuts, i for one disagree with scrappy regarding Neville. Brilliant footballer, brilliant defender and a very underrated one....guess thats what happens when you play long after your peak(mid to late 90s).

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Good game peanuts, i for one disagree with scrappy regarding Neville. Brilliant footballer, brilliant defender and a very underrated one....guess thats what happens when you play long after your peak(mid to late 90s).
Yeah I find it crazy how little he gets picked and thought a 442 draft would be one where he'd get the credit he deserves.

It's crazy how much we bang on about modern players working in set systems but in drafts being comfortable in the system you are using makes no difference unless you're playing a back 3 and then it'll be one of the main questions asked :lol:

Demyanenko_square_jaw

That Euro final game of Netto probably isn't a very representative one tactically; Kachalin let the final nerves get in the way and set up very defensively for a good amount of it, which didn't really work. I've not got time to rewatch it and confirm right now, but from memory Netto was put into a very defensive screening role that he didn't look comfortable in (though most of the team were also playing badly in the first half) until about 60 minutes or so. Basically was mostly sacrificed offensively due to the conservative tactical approach for the final.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
That Euro final game of Netto probably isn't a very representative one tactically; Kachalin let the final nerves get in the way and set up very defensively for a good amount of it, which didn't really work. I've not got time to rewatch it and confirm right now, but from memory Netto was put into a very defensive screening role that he didn't look comfortable in (though most of the team were also playing badly in the first half) until about 60 minutes or so. Basically was mostly sacrificed offensively due to the conservative tactical approach for the final.

I dont put any value on this considering its a friendly but you can see the style of play and why we thought its a great fit for our side.

Himannv

I dont put any value on this considering its a friendly but you can see the style of play and why we thought its a great fit for our side.
I honestly didn't feel he was anything special when I watched that one. Good defensive performance and he passed the ball alright but I wouldn't go as far as calling him "elite defensive midfielder" based on that. As you said, perhaps it's because it's a friendly.