The alleged photo of Bradley Lowery circulating on Twitter.

Canuckred64

This couldn't have happen at the Wedneday Sunderland match yesterday. This picture looks to have been taken in the middle of day , the match kicked off at 8pm., it wouldn't be that bright . One of the guys sitting down in the picture has come forward and said he wasn't at the game. I also understand the two lads holding the phone and laughing have contacted the authorities and said that it is photoshopped and are willing to hand their phones over to the police , this is coming from my Sheffield relatives who are Wednesday fans. It maybe a hell of a circus around Manchester United, but it pales in comparison to the shit show around Wednesday

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The phone looks like a gigantic Iphone SE.

Red00012

Phone looks photoshopped to be honest and it’s definitely not the game Friday night

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
The colour temp and clarity look off but that might be explained by the image being processed multiple times for reproduction across different platforms.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It looks fake to me.
But that story about Bradley....man, saddest story in history of football. Tears just come out everytime when i see pictures of him with Defoe and him on the football pitch.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It's so sick it's believable really.

Never going to eliminate the tribal element in Football really especially lower down the leagues. When Chester played Hereford in non league a month ago the Chester fans were singing about Lucy Letby of course....

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
The two guys have been identified and their workplaces have been notified too. The game was last night so by now maybe we would have seen them deny it.
Who's notified their workplaces? People relish these pile-ons with a self-righteous vindictive gusto before even pausing to consider that the pics look dodgy as hell and could well be bollocks.

Given the police say they're on it I'd rather leave it to them to check their phones and deal with it in this instance.

justsomebloke

That's what I thought. The photo on his phone seems really high quality considering the distance it was taken from. I might be wrong though.
That's what I'm thinking. If they've been stitched up then holy shit that's a stitch up and a half.
That's what I thought. The photo on his phone seems really high quality considering the distance it was taken from. I might be wrong though.
That photo looks dodgy as hell, and you're calling for people to be doxxed and to have their lives ruined on the back of it?

That doesn't make you a whole lot better than them even if it's real.
Certainly compared to the rest of the shot. In that kind of daylight brightness, from distance, just no way. The images on the phone might well have been of the poor lad, but that looks somehow 'processed' to me.
You kinda sorta feel that doesn't look quite right, and are on that basis immediately prepared to seriously entertain the notion that someone's photoshopped the whole thing for nefarious purposes?

Where would the conspiracy theorists of this world be without the likes of you.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

You kinda sorta feel that doesn't look quite right, and are on that basis immediately prepared to seriously entertain the notion that someone's photoshopped the whole thing for nefarious purposes?

Hardly the most outrageous of suggestions considering the evidence presented. As you quoted my post twice, surely you can see that I was level-headed in the wording.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
The photo doesn't look real to me, I hope it's not.
And if it’s not real, which it looks like it isn’t tbh, then someone else needs to be taken to account for it.
In the meantime the pitchforks are out for these two guys.
The police should be able to get to the bottom of it sharpish.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Bold finish to a post that appears to be upset hat people don't take a random picture on Twitter as fact.

gajender

Let's for one moment assume that picture isn't fake can any body from England actually confirm what these guys could be charged with for this act , if it really happened this might be deplorable and in real bad taste but does it actually hold any legal implications .

kaku06

Let's for one moment assume that picture isn't fake can any body from England actually confirm what these guys could be charged with for this act , if it really happened this might be deplorable and in real bad taste but does it actually hold any legal implications .
That’s what I was thinking too. On what grounds they could charge them? You see fans mocking and chanting about the Munich and hillsborough tragedies all the time without any implication.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I'm no expert but think any case would be weak, with extremely poor taste not equating to illegal. Maybe some public order offence at a push, given people can get done for trolling and the like.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

The two men have been arrested on suspicion of 'outraging public decency'.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The photo looks bloody good for that distance away, but anyone with issues around the lighting should probably remember there’s floodlights. The sections are usually always lit like that even at night.

I wonder what he was actually showing on his phone though, assuming it was shopped. Obviously something he thought the other fans wouldn’t like.

gajender

That’s what I was thinking too. On what grounds they could charge them? You see fans mocking and chanting about the Munich and hillsborough tragedies all the time without any implication.
The two men have been arrested on suspicion of 'outraging public decency'.
I'm no expert but think any case would be weak, with extremely poor taste not equating to illegal. Maybe some public order offence at a push, given people can get done for trolling and the like.
Thanks .

JPRouve

Scout
The photo looks bloody good for that distance away, but anyone with issues around the lighting should probably remember there’s floodlights. The away sections are usually always lit like that even at night.

I wonder what he was actually showing on his phone though, assuming it was shopped. Obviously something he thought the other fans wouldn’t like.
The picture would be easier to see in the dark, not the other way around. To be honest it the picture isn't photoshopped then I want to know which phone he has because, I'm quite impressed with the brightness of that screen.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The picture would be easier to see in the dark, not the other way around. To be honest it the picture isn't photoshopped then I want to know which phone he has because, I'm quite impressed with the brightness of that screen.
Could be a reasonable explanation, I wouldn’t feel comfortable calling it either way.

JPRouve

Scout
Could be a reasonable explanation, I wouldn’t feel comfortable calling it either way.
It looks fake but I can't guarantee it. The other thing is that the bezels make it look like an old Iphone and they aren't that big.

Taribo's Gap

Bold finish to a post that appears to be upset hat people don't take a random picture on Twitter as fact.
Right. It's hardly that outlandish of a suggestion. Just a few weeks ago that fake picture of Klopp "shushing" Jason Tindall went viral in a nano second.

One doesn't need to be a conspiracy theory theorist to exercise a tad bit of caution over twitter content that can induce outrage or reactions.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
The one thing that astounds me is that even before it's proven as fact, people have tracked these accused down including their home addresses and workplaces. There are some seriously bonkers people out there who could end up doing something regretful to an innocent party

That's more of a crime than if the picture turns out to be true (which if it is true, is absolutely disgusting)

SteveCoppellFan

Surely it is a fake, nobody in their right minds would do something as stupid as that.

I know we live in times where acting like a prat is deemed a talent these days but that picture cannot be true.

I hope not for their sakes because they will never live it down.

Regular posters on a Sheffield Wednesday forum swearing that the guy sitting behind them 100% wasn't there yesterday, saying there's no way the picture is from yesterday's game. Maybe they're all lying, but seems like a very weird thing for multiple people to do on a forum that some of them have been on for over a decade...especially when the police are involved.

Definitely worth waiting for more info on all these sorts of cases. Makes the fact that media outlets (Guardian, Mail and more) have already printed their full names all the more troubling.

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
This is awful if they've been set up. It's awful if it's genuine but it doesn't sound like it is anyway.

What the feck is wrong with people? I loved growing up without the internet and social media in retrospect.

alexthelion

Strange lighting for an evening kick off, no?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Weird post

ROFLUTION

No way it’s real. It’s obvious it’s photoshopped.
From a guy who photoshops everyday, Id say it’s photoshopped too. The picture of the kid looks too “clear” with no reflections on it. considering the faces are standing in the sun there’s something a bit strange about it.

If fake, how do the two guys even defend themselves? It’s not like they have the original material, they could just be completely outed on the internet.

of course if it’s real they should be banned for life, but it looks photoshopped to me.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This is awful if they've been set up. It's awful if it's genuine but it doesn't sound like it is anyway.

What the feck is wrong with people? I loved growing up without the internet and social media in retrospect.
In a way I think it’s worse if they’re being set up. The despicable idea that an image of this poor kid could be used for football bantz is there either way. But if it’s all photoshopped then you have the added nastiness of trying to ruin the lives of two completely innocent football fans as well.

Anustart89

You on the other hand see one photo and are willing to have two people’s lives being ruined without needing to know whether the photo is real, and the guys you responded to are the dumb ones?

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft

I'm more amazed you look at that picture and think it's not edited.