Television The Apprentice 2024

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Have a year off mate

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Virdi surviving because reasons

CallyRed

Did not know that Virdi was an MC who travelled the world.

hobbers

How do they manage to assemble so many ghouls in the one place. Most of them would struggle to spell their own names.

sebsheep

How do they manage to assemble so many ghouls in the one place. Most of them would struggle to spell their own names.
The show clearly attracts a specific kind of person.

United Hobbit

Apple crumble topping on the fish cakes :lol:

How Virdi didn't get fired who knows, he was responsible for them being late to dinner which had all the knock on effects. What's even worse is it was because he kept faffing around dancing etc - the looks on the customers faces after the first time suggested he should perhaps leave it!

If I were one of the customers, I'd have been delighted we were too late back to do the cringey dancing lessons

The annoying thing about when he becomes a business partner, is he knows from their business plans who will make him the most money. When it was choosing someone to work for him, skill set would have been more important

Superunknown

Watching this now. Karren Brady looking fine as hell in that initial boardroom meeting scene. :drool:

Crumble on the fish cakes?! Hahahaha. :lol::lol::lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The boys have been terrible for a few seasons now. That sub team leader was so bad.

hp88

The doctor clapping at his team having to give 50% back in refunds causing them to lose the task was particularly moronic
He’s a doctor as well but comes across as a complete idiot, has to be scripted at this point.

The girls on the other hand are all switched on and miles ahead of the boys but im certain they have all got shit business plans.

Wilt

The doctor clapping at his team having to give 50% back in refunds causing them to lose the task was particularly moronic
Absolute top w@nker ….imagine having to have that arsewipe as your GP

sebsheep

He’s a doctor as well but comes across as a complete idiot, has to be scripted at this point.

The girls on the other hand are all switched on and miles ahead of the boys but im certain they have all got shit business plans.
Fishcake crumble suggests otherwise.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
fecking hell. Every single person who was pitching for Fallen Escape should be fired. That was embarrassing.

68cob

I still watch this show, even though I stopped enjoying it years ago. With tasks like the game though, how are they really expected to come up with something good in just a few days?

sebsheep

fecking hell. Every single person who was pitching for Fallen Escape should be fired. That was embarrassing.
They seemed to be trying their best to talk the investors out of backing them :lol:

sebsheep

I still watch this show, even though I stopped enjoying it years ago. With tasks like the game though, how are they really expected to come up with something good in just a few days?
Most of the tasks are like that really. It works better if you don't take it as a serious thing and just enjoy watching people who talk like they're amazing doing incredibly daft things.

hobbers

See the show is following the same pattern as the last 6 seasons.

Boys team stacked with clowns who you'd struggle to believe exist in the real world. They fail all the early tasks. Eventually end up with an all-girls final 5. Then, surprise surprise, it turns out all their business plans are shit, and revolve around the same 2-3 themes - baking/cosmetics/fashion. Their business plans and inability to do basic maths get shredded and Sugar looks like he's sitting on a fresh haemorrhoid thinking about having to actually give his money to another certain failure.

Superunknown

Scandalous.

Phil making it to the final is utter, utter bullshit. Flo has been far superior in every way over the course of this series. She's been better in every week and every task. The show has unfortunately fecked it by being too much like a more convoluted version of Dragons Den.

Paul was also a better shout for the final than Phil. They've pretty much made the rest of the series redundant except for the interview and final episodes.

#justiceforFlo

sebsheep

Scandalous.

Phil making it to the final is utter, utter bullshit. Flo has been far superior in every way over the course of this series. She's been better in every week and every task. The show has unfortunately fecked it by being too much like a more convoluted version of Dragons Den.

Paul was also a better shout for the final than Phil. They've pretty much made the rest of the series redundant except for the interview and final episodes.

#justiceforFlo
To be fair she was planning on using up all the money in 3 months :lol:
Phil hasn't seen the accounts in 6 months :lol:
This has felt like the worst bunch so far.

the_cliff

Scandalous.

#justiceforFlo
Tbf her business plan was absolute rubbish. I mean to get all the way to the final to then give a plan for a financial recruitment agency in the UK is suicidal. Phil at least had a successful running business that just needs a bit of fine tuning. I also think that Phil wouldn't be there either if the other guy agreed to giving up 50% for the total of his dentistry business.

Lay

I hate that it now goes to the business plan. I preferred the old version.

I unfortunately found out the winner a few weeks ago so I haven't kept up with it as much but what the feck were the business plans this year? Majority sounded terrible and just put together the night before

hobbers

And the fact they let Tre even get that far in while knowing all along he didnt have a real business plan to invest in. And spent the entire time waxing lyrical about him anyway, turned the show into his own free PR exercise.

68cob

And the fact they let Tre even get that far in while knowing all along he didnt have a real business plan to invest in.
They did this at least once before a few years ago, pretty much letting someone through this far, then realising the business was not up Alan's alley.

hobbers

They did this at least once before a few years ago, pretty much letting someone through this far, then realising the business was not up Alan's alley.
But I think this is the first time there's been someone giving a business plan not just with no projections or product, but also no brand and not even a name.

I dont know how you decide to make an energy drink without coming up with a name and logo. Makes his place in the show seem like a complete con.

sebsheep

But I think this is the first time there's been someone giving a business plan not just with no projections or product, but also no brand and not even a name.

I dont know how you decide to make an energy drink without coming up with a name and logo. Makes his place in the show seem like a complete con.
At least he got to try his drink.

68cob

Yeah, that's a bit much. Admittedly, I wasn't paying attention to most of it.
At least he got to try his drink.
:lol:
I bet the BBC crew threw that together themselves

hobbers

Last episode was bad enough in the days when contestants were actually trying to start new businesses.

now every finalist is some kind of already established food or fitness chain pretending to relaunch with a fake brand. it makes it even more of a farce

Peel it all away it’s just two mediocre family businesses run by mediocre people in sectors that you know for a fact Sugar doesn’t give a shit about