The Arsenal fake injury team talk

Edwards6

Didn't work in the end, Liverpool were there for the taking but Arsenal were too busy faking injury and slowing everything down, just got the crowd riled up and invited pressure

RedStarUnited

Should be a way to stop these fake injuries. For example if you receive treatment you should have to sit out the game for 2-3 minutes.. yes it would punish those actually injured but would stop a lot of the fake ones.
Arsenal tend to do it with Ramsdale. The one position in a team that cannot be ignored.

Lost bear

It’s so weird, I should prefer Arsenal to go on to win the league but they came across so unlikeable, starting with Arteta and a few arsenal fans I know. No one cares about city, but it’d also be 3 in a row for them.

Yeah, think Arsenal it is.
I see the logic but I really can’t bring myself to root for the Arse in any way. They’re Lego Pep and arrogant fans. I’d prefer the outright sleaze of City to win it, tbh. I know that’s probably an indefensible position too. Oh god, relieve us from this choice of horrors and let us win again…

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't understand why it's allowed. It simply shouldn't be.
A lot of Arteta’s antics are allowed this season for some reason. Presumably to facilitate the title race because it’s good for the EPL reputation as being competitive. I’d bet good money they crack down on them next season after they’ve won the title.

JB7

Non league team I follow used to do it pretty much every game, sometimes twice a game, going back 5/6 years ago. Goalkeeper would go down as if he was on the verge of death, physio would come on & the team would all go straight over to have a team talk. It was as obvious as it came especially given half the time they completely changed shape afterwards but nobody ever did anything to stop it.

DavidDeSchmikes

A lot of Arteta’s antics are allowed this season for some reason. Presumably to facilitate the title race because it’s good for the EPL reputation as being competitive. I’d bet good money they crack down on them next season after they’ve won the title.
similar to Man Utd getting "too many penalties", if the pundits and journalists make it an issue over and over again, eventually refs will pick up on it

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
It would be pretty easy to stop this by a simple rule change and a booking for the manager who does this.

I mean you can’t avoid players cheating and play acting but you can make it against the rules for players to go to the touchline for a ”timeout”.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
It would be pretty easy to stop this by a simple rule change and a booking for the manager who does this.

I mean you can’t avoid players cheating and play acting but you can make it against the rules for players to go to the touchline for a ”timeout”.
They should install soundproof glass around the technical area to make sure this is taken care of

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
They should install soundproof glass around the technical area to make sure this is taken care of
then arteta would spend the whole time just for menning himself in the reflection.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Damn right. And if the players are thirsty, let them drink from the sprinklers on the pitch.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'm not sure what the benefit is when it means instead of pushing on to win the game, you invite pressure and let the other team score and possibly cost yourselves the entire league. Whatever Arteta said to them didn't do much.

Arsenal aren't top because of timewasting or deploying small timey reducer tactics either. They'll end up 2nd if they keep it up though.

I thought they were in the top 4 race last season until they started time wasting in every single game when they were a goal up. Its not like other teams don't do it,but they just did it really badly. Not sure I'd be wanting them to start that shite up again if I was an Arsenal fan.