The Bale Huddle

Nero

Nothing more than a 'Look at me' exercise. Trying too hard.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I do think it’s a little cringy, but as you unironically typed out “cringe level 20”, it’s definitely not the cringiest thing in this thread

TrustInOle

Ive never got the obsession with criticising or mocking someone based on what they choose to do with their own time and life? If they feel a closer bond comes from this 'Bale Huddle' then go for it lads, if Ronaldo wants to promote healthier living, good on him.

Honestly, don't people realise it's abit cringe?

Oranges038

Describing something as being cringe level 20 is even more so.

They can do what they like, whether they do this on the pitch or he towel whips them round the dressing room after the game. Either way he's the main man and the rest of them need to know it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How dare the captain speak to his players with pride :mad:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Silly little Welsh.
Yeah, it is a bit daft, isn't it?

I look forward to you Irish lads showing us how to carry ourselves with a bit more dignity when you secure your own qualification to the knockouts. :wenger:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I do think it’s a little cringy, but as you unironically typed out “cringe level 20”, it’s definitely not the cringiest thing in this thread
Agreed. This thread is easily a level 21

Tarrou

its not cringe at all

qualifying is a great achievement for Wales and the squad togetherness is a big part of why they managed it

Woodzy

We have qualified for the next round, who cares.

Also, Bale is quite possibly the greatest Welsh footballer of all time. Just saying.

I wish all footballers just went on the pitch, played and left. If they do score, they are allowed a one arm in the air celebration. Nothing more.

Can’t believe all this other stuff that’s going on these days.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm curious to know if he does the speeches in traditional Welsh or if he sticks to English? They don't seem very long so maybe that rules out it being in Welsh.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'm curious to know if he does the speeches in traditional Welsh or if he sticks to English? They don't seem very long so maybe that rules out it being in Welsh.
Who gives a feck :lol:

What a shite thread

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Who gives a feck :lol:

What a shite thread
You might even go as far as to say it's cringe level 20.

Or you might not, because you're presumably not twelve.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think it's a very American concept and I wonder who is behind it. I don't think it would be sanctioned by Giggs.

A number of businesses like to promote team huddles but anyone worth their salt knows it also pays to give others a turn at being "huddle leader". Perhaps they could look at letting Gunter take the role on whilst flanked by Ampadu in the next round? Just a thought.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think it's a very American concept and I wonder who is behind it. I don't think it would be sanctioned by Giggs.

A number of businesses like to promote team huddles but anyone worth their salt knows it also pays to give others a turn at being "huddle leader". Perhaps they could look at letting Gunter take the role on whilst flanked by Ampadu in the next round? Just a thought.
Are you having a breakdown?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The huddle happens in the NFL because they don't want the signal calls from the QB to be intercepted by the opposition. They do it in the NBA because the game moves so fast and younger players have a tendency to get lost in the speed and a leader might want them to regroup without wasting a time out.

However, there's a lot of research suggesting that simple body contact like high 5s and back slaps from team leaders do a lot for the confidence of younger players in sports. I don't assume a huddle is any different from that.

mikey_d

Wales have been doing the huddle long before bale was captain. They have been doing it since at least 2014 at most games- even the women’s teams and youth teams seem to do it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ive never got the obsession with criticising or mocking someone based on what they choose to do with their own time and life? If they feel a closer bond comes from this 'Bale Huddle' then go for it lads, if Ronaldo wants to promote healthier living, good on him.

Honestly, don't people realise it's abit cringe?
Yeah but this is the caf and people here are weirdly sensitive.

TheReligion

Abusive
Are you having a breakdown?
The huddle happens in the NFL because they don't want the signal calls from the QB to be intercepted by the opposition. They do it in the NBA because the game moves so fast and younger players have a tendency to get lost in the speed and a leader might want them to regroup without wasting a time out.

However, there's a lot of research suggesting that simple body contact like high 5s and back slaps from team leaders do a lot for the confidence of younger players in sports. I don't assume a huddle is any different from that.

Zen86

I’m all for it. The ol’ Gerrard huddle is the source of so many wonderful memories :drool:

mikey_d

Who is the best Welsh speaking member of the squad? Ramsey? Perhaps they could translate whilst Bale does his thing.

This is why changing the huddle leader is important. Using American sports as a guide is the right way to go. It's all about the psychology like @Wednesday at Stoke was rightly pointing out.
Joe Allan, Ramsey, Cabango, Ben Davies I know are fluent. Hennessey apparently is but don’t think I’ve seen him give interviews in Welsh.

Danny ward is likely to be pretty decent as apparently went to Welsh speaking primary school.

El Jefe

You seem irrationally concerned about this.

Bale is a captain doing what he thinks needs to be done for the team. I'm pretty sure neither him, the team or anyone Welsh gives a feck about the level of "cringe" after progressing through the groups.