The Buzz is back

NK86

Late night match on a Friday after an exhausting week. Previous regimes would have me asleep by halftime.

But not last night, I was wide awake till final whistle, wanting more!
If it was still LVG, I wouldn't have even bothered staying up for the match. Now I cannot wait for weekends again as football is enjoyable for me again.

United22

Honestly the first time in 3 years I didn't want a game to end and I cannot wait for the next game. We really were spoilt and we learnt our damn lesson the last 3 years

Sylar

The Buzz is back defo. But this season is gonna be a "war of nutrition"

Minimalist

Night and day from last season and not just because of the control (we had that under Van Gaal in plenty of games) but the direct attacking including some great chances created.

Provided the players get better at putting away chances, it's going to be a good season.

shaky

It's nice to hear "they're not as good as they think they are" from our rivals instead of the old "worst Utd team in years" that we got for so long. It's going to be a great season, title or not. I've not been this confident in a Utd squad since Ronaldo was around, it's a wonderful feeling :)

Parry Gallister

Early days, but I'm enjoying it more atm than since even a season or two before Fergie retired tbh.

Scarr

The buzz is most certainly back and as long as we keep getting the results and build on the attacking football it will remain and we'll be feared once more!

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
The last three years has hurt. I remember feeling a buzz with LvG and his signings after Moyes destroyed everything we thought was Man Utd.
The terrible disappointment that was our previous two managers has learned me one thing:
Never get too excited early

As much as I want to jump this wagon, because I really miss that feeling, im not ready to get disappointed again.
Glad for you guys though.

JohnnyKills

Yeah felt like watching United again, like it was under Ferguson. Kill the opposition off and keep going for them with precision and pace.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

The atmosphere was very special in the ground, you can tell there is genuine optimism and belief again. The fans were bouncing a much louder than normal. The closest games I can think of that I've attended for atmopshere would be the 4-2 against City and 4-0 v QPR when the new signings all played but this was a level above that. Zlatan, Baily, and Ibrahimovic are made for the PL and United. There was huge excitement everytime Pogba drove forward, we haven't had someone do that for a long time nor score the header Zlatan's did.
The world could not handle two of Zlatan :cool:

FraserP1

Just walking to the ground, my lad mentioned that there was a buzz and most supporters are smiling. This atmosphere was something that was sadly missing for three seasons, even on the first 'hopefull' games.

In the ground, the noise from the Streford End upper, was significantly louder pre-game and during the game. It's as if there is a different crew in residence . When the singing section was created it seemed to water down the SE upper, have some moved back from the singing section?

The game was also full of attack and positive football. Long may this situation remain!

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
There certainly is a renewed optimism about the Reds that I see around.
More replica shirts than for a long time and they seem to be worn with pride rather than almost as an act of defiance as they have been for last 2/3 years.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
@Gentleman Jim getting his customary two or three daily digs in.

Bet he is the cnut over at Bluemoan bigging himself up over how he has infiltrated us, and we have failed to notice.

We all know that City fans are proper salt of the earth, all from greater Manchester. And it is only when traffic is a bitch, there is an especially exciting preacher at the church on sundays or their vacations are still on in mid August that they fail to turn up to Ethiad, that is why that place always is rockin' and it is literally impossible to get tickets.

Last edited:

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
What digs are they? I live in Salford, like Salford and Salfordian. If they happen to support United then that's their perogative.
There is a good post earlier in this thread about how JM and his football style has cleared away the last 3 years on quick time and my post reflected that.
Did you jump on him?

Bet he is the cnut over at Bluemoan bigging himself up over how he has infiltrated us, and we have failed to notice.
I am on Bluemoon but am a low profile poster. If I tried to "big myself up" they would mostly slag me off for being on the Caf in the first place so that would get me no credit from them.
I've never pretended to be anything other than a Salford Blue wishing to put my point of view across in this forum as well as City ones. Vive La Difference as they say

We all know that City fans are proper salt of the earth, all from greater Manchester. And it is only when traffic is a bitch, there is an especially exciting preacher at the church on sundays or their vacations are still on in mid August that they fail to turn up to Ethiad, that is why that place always is rockin' and it is literally impossible to get tickets
Why does everything revolve around attendances with you? Both City and United have made storming starts to the season and gotten their respective fans excited for the battle ahead. Surely it's better to discuss this than regurgitate the same tired old jibes ad nauseum, or do you not feel comfortable doing that due to lack of knowledge?
You're paranoid and have made a fool of yourself IMO.

Last edited:

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca

We all know that City fans are proper salt of the earth, all from greater Manchester. And it is only when traffic is a bitch, there is an especially exciting preacher at the church on sundays or their vacations are still on in mid August that they fail to turn up to Ethiad, that is why that place always is rockin' and it is literally impossible to get tickets.
You're forgetting that they aren't "as affluent" as us and therefore can't go the match as often.

Posted from my swimming pool in Cheshire.

VP

I'd say it's less of a buzz but more that warm, tingly feeling you get after a solid, much-awaited dump. We've finally excreting Moyes and LVG out of our system - and it's beautiful.

Vanitas

This reminds of when you twist your ankle playing football with the lads after work and then you limp for 3-4 weeks and then return to the pitch in the hood.
You're ready to do it, but you're still afraid that it might happen again and you're still not completely focused to the game, but worried that someone will hurt your leg again.

This season is the season of the return. If we manage to keep this going, then we'll stay above others for years to come. But, if we fail (and I'm watching you, Smalling, Blind and friends in the back) then it will something really painful with ugly consequences.

Denis79

There certainly is a renewed optimism about the Reds that I see around.
More replica shirts than for a long time and they seem to be worn with pride rather than almost as an act of defiance as they have been for last 2/3 years.
Its going to be an interesting season for sure. Pep and Mourinho going at it with both having good teams. Both teams failed last year in the PL so both have a lot to prove.

dirtygringo

Winner of the 150 Posts in 11 Whole Years Award
I'm still not feeling it. I don't know why and its pissing me off. Everything seems to be going so well, but I just don't feel the same excitement as I used to. I have a sinking feeling like its a false dawn even if it doesnt appear to be. Maybe its just because I'm sick of seeing Rooney line up for us, or maybe its because there is no room for Rashford in the team. I want to feel excited but something is holding me back. Feck Moyes and Van Gaal for doing this to me.

Lentwood

One thing I loved about Friday night was how physically dominant we were. We won every 50:50, were first to every loose ball and looked solid at set pieces

Had grown tired of us turning up to places like West Ham, Stoke and WBA and watch us get bullied. Would like to see how those teams face up to the likes of Zlatan, Pogba, Fellaini, Smalling and Bailly plus the two powerhouses at full back!

superdry

touched by a genius
I'm still not feeling it. I don't know why and its pissing me off. Everything seems to be going so well, but I just don't feel the same excitement as I used to. I have a sinking feeling like its a false dawn even if it doesnt appear to be. Maybe its just because I'm sick of seeing Rooney line up for us, or maybe its because there is no room for Rashford in the team. I want to feel excited but something is holding me back. Feck Moyes and Van Gaal for doing this to me.
It's just a little bit of PVGS (post van gaal stress) it should soon pass :)

EyeInTheSky

I actually got out of my seat and almost jumped into the TV a number of times when Pogba was dribbling and powering his way past all the oppo lines. I can't remember the last time I did that. We actually have players that can create some magic and force the play.

Seveneric

Morons never learn do they?

Granted there wasn't that much excitement with Moyes, I could dig up comments of the "buzz" being back with LVG with his initial interview and signings that followed, 2 years later and how did that work out? Yeah...

The United "buzz" was not only based on interviews and "omgzzz, he has that Cantona aura about him11!!!11, our rivals are shitting themselves lolzz", but on winning stuff too. Neither of which have happened, so you'd think people would wait before getting ahead of themselves. But what do I know (not a lot apparently)

Robbie Boy

You post way too much. Calm it down a wee bit.

Virtuoso

Just walking to the ground, my lad mentioned that there was a buzz and most supporters are smiling. This atmosphere was something that was sadly missing for three seasons, even on the first 'hopefull' games.

In the ground, the noise from the Streford End upper, was significantly louder pre-game and during the game. It's as if there is a different crew in residence . When the singing section was created it seemed to water down the SE upper, have some moved back from the singing section?

The game was also full of attack and positive football. Long may this situation remain!
I was in the Stretford End Upper (4 rows from the top) and it was absolutely rocking all game (even pre-match). Not experienced anything like it, but I only manage to go to 4-5 games a season at most. The buzz was something very special and our section was singing before and during the whole game. Not sure how it came across on TV but the atmosphere was incredible. Even stopped off at services after on the M6 and there were still fans singing the Zlatan chant.

Let's hope we can keep delivering on the pitch and try to ride on a wave of momentum.

I totally agree with the OP. In the past couple of years the joy was diminishing, to the point where I was almost dreading games. This really does feel like a fresh start, like the real United has returned, and I can't wait for the next game. The belief has returned.

Sam M

Granted there wasn't that much excitement with Moyes, I could dig up comments of the "buzz" being back with LVG with his initial interview and signings that followed, 2 years later and how did that work out? Yeah...

The United "buzz" was not only based on interviews and "omgzzz, he has that Cantona aura about him11!!!11, our rivals are shitting themselves lolzz", but on winning stuff too. Neither of which have happened, so you'd think people would wait before getting ahead of themselves. But what do I know (not a lot apparently)
This is an awful, awful post, just dreadful stuff.

Getting optimistic for the season ahead is part and parcel for football supporters. Being let down by a previous manager is no reason not to be hopeful for today, unless you're too cool and smart to behave like silly, immature football supporters.

To be honest I would much rather be a moron than have your appalling, self-congratulatory attitude.

Perhaps you should follow Lawn Bowls instead and leave the football stuff to the fans?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The warm fuzzy feeling will be complete come Sep 10th! :D

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I do also think the Friday night match had a significant role to play on the atmosphere. End of the week so everyone gets straight on it after work and arrive to the match with a nice buzz on. Early kick off on Saturday by comparison would not have been as bouncing. This is not to deny that the confidence around the place being a factor.
Jose asked for the crowd to support our players.
The match could've been at 2AM at night, with the unveiling of Pogba and Jose demanding that the crowd support the players, it was going to be a riot. And the players responded.
I was so excited after the match, all I could write is, "Yes, yes yes" or something similar.
The day/time were irrelevant.

Since Jan 1st of this year, immediately after the match, I'd go straight to the LVG Out thread.
So, our last match was a total turn around to my normal post match routine.

Seveneric

This is an awful, awful post, just dreadful stuff.

Getting optimistic for the season ahead is part and parcel for football supporters. Being let down by a previous manager is no reason not to be hopeful for today, unless you're too cool and smart to behave like silly, immature football supporters.

To be honest I would much rather be a moron than have your appalling, self-congratulatory attitude.

Perhaps you should follow Lawn Bowls instead and leave the football stuff to the fans?
Okay, that's nice. I shall cease to stop following football at the request of an anonymous idiot on the internet. Noted, thanks.

Red Stone

This isn't a "we won two games so we're going to cruise the league!!!!111!" thread. It's a "finally feels like watching United again" thread. Something felt different about the entire match day this time around. An eagerness before the game to see the new boys playing at home, a rocking crowd at Old Trafford both before and during the game and the players playing an entertaining game of attacking football. The last time I came close to feeling that level of excitement was against QPR in van Gaal's first season. Considering what followed, I'm not getting ahead of myself completely, but it defintitely feels like this season is going to be different to the previous three, in a good way. Even if we don't necessarily win the league.

This entire week I've just been waiting in excitement for the Hull game and whatever Pogba, Ibra, Micky and the rest have to show us this time. A United game being the highlight of the week even before it's played is an example of The Buzz, and it sure as hell beats spending the week nervously anticipating a boring draw or loss and being positively surprised whenever we pull off a win.