The centre-forward market...

croadyman

What do you think about Vlahovic ? is a good CF ? is he can be good for us if we'll buy him ?

How much do you think we could get him for if we'll go for him next summer ?

He's not even a natural CF - what do we need him for ?
Personally would take any of Vlahovic/Osimhen/Sesko, will be honest haven't seen much of David so cannot comment

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Personally would take any of Vlahovic/Osimhen/Sesko, will be honest haven't seen much of David so cannot comment
David is a very good finisher and pressing forward. He’s overlooked because he’s Canadian in the French league.

If I told you there was a 22 year old striker with 9 goals 2 assists in 11 games who is top scorer in Ligue 1 ahead of Mbappe in a dysfunctional attack surely ears would prick up?

Last edited:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
To add to that this same striker helped his side win Ligue 1 beating PSG to a historic title and also helped his National team qualify for a World Cup a tournament they haven’t played in for 36 years

avgp_1

David is looking quite lethal this season, although has had a fair share of penalties.

Isn't as quick or physical like Osimhen whom I like a lot but his goalscoring instincts can't be argued. Playing on the last defender, he is finding himself in some very good scoring opportunities

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
David is looking quite lethal this season, although has had a fair share of penalties.

Isn't as quick or physical like Osimhen whom I like a lot but his goalscoring instincts can't be argued. Playing on the last defender, he is finding himself in some very good scoring opportunities
His link up play is very good too. He’s got very high touches per 90 for a striker. Take him out of Lille and that attack falls apart.

avgp_1

His link up play is very good too. He’s got very high touches per 90 for a striker. Take him out of Lille and that attack falls apart.
Yes his link up play is his strongest attribute I think. And him stepping up as a marksman could only be a great thing. Could easily be looking at 25 goals this season.

Walters_19_MuFc

I like him but he's very much like Martial, in that respect. As you said, good link up, neat and tidy, etc. I think we need a different option, though. More of a target man like Haller was at Ajax.

Mr Smith

I like him but he's very much like Martial, in that respect. As you said, good link up, neat and tidy, etc. I think we need a different option, though. More of a target man like Haller was at Ajax.
I disagree; we need a forward who can link play. If Martial was fit all the time I'd agree that we need a different option, but he's crocked, so what we actually need is someone just like him. Our attack functions so much better when he plays. I haven't seen much of David, but if that's the kind of player he is we should go for it.

Telsim

Go to Naples for some pizza and please pick Osimhen along the way.

Swedish_Plumber

We give Liverpool a lot of Shute about Nunez but Ronaldo looks like bambi with rollerskates on ice in the box.

Doesn’t do anything for our build up play like martial and doesn’t get in behind like Rashford. Neither of those can be relied upon either as a CF.

Not sure how much money we have in January but we do desperately need an out and out striker. A Kane level of attacker and we would be easy top 4.

A striker who demands quality at that end of the pitch is so important and I feel we’ve been ignorant to it due to other areas. Spending 80 million on Maguire but scrimping for ighalo/Cavani/ Ronaldo.

Skills

Snitch
We give Liverpool a lot of Shute about Nunez but Ronaldo looks like bambi with rollerskates on ice in the box.

Doesn’t do anything for our build up play like martial and doesn’t get in behind like Rashford. Neither of those can be relied upon either as a CF.

Not sure how much money we have in January but we do desperately need an out and out striker. A Kane level of attacker and we would be easy top 4.

A striker who demands quality at that end of the pitch is so important and I feel we’ve been ignorant to it due to other areas. Spending 80 million on Maguire but scrimping for ighalo/Cavani/ Ronaldo.
So a top 5 striker in the world? Can't be that hard to find

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The good news is that our options at CF are bad enough that it should be relatively easy to find a CF who improves us.

It's just a question of which of the potential signings that would improve us would improve us the most.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Go to Naples for some pizza and please pick Osimhen along the way.
You'd get the same arguments that were said about Van Nistelrooy though. As in, Osimhen would make Uniteds attack less fluid.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Just go all in for Toney, there’s better out there of course but at least he’ll give us something to work with in the final third.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Leverkusen not having the best season right now maybe Shick would be available for 60-70mil. I doubt we have any budget to spend though. Just wait for a very long season. Perhaps releasing Ronaldo would make some more room from the wages.

Giggsy13

Jonathan David isn’t a traditional CF but he’s leading Ligue 1 in scoring and an upgrade on our current options

Red-17

The good news is that our options at CF are bad enough that it should be relatively easy to find a CF who improves us.

It's just a question of which of the potential signings that would improve us would improve us the most.
The issue is you are spending 40-50 million minimum for just about anyone worth a damn, and if they aren't the correct long term option, then it is just taking money away from other areas that need addressing.

GMoore23

We should have signed Dembele if he was available at a decent price.

He would have been a decent stop gap starter then a valuable rotational option for years to come.

davidmichael

Serious question, if Harry Kane WAS gettable this summer would you want him ? I’m talking realistically so not “if he was available for £50 million” or anything like that.

I think he turns 30 in the summer so we’d only likely get 3-4 good years out of him and he’s known for an injury every season but at the same time he’s about as good as there is in the PL, links play well, holds the ball up, has a good touch and scores 25 a season so there’s pros and cons.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Serious question, if Harry Kane WAS gettable this summer would you want him ? I’m talking realistically so not “if he was available for £50 million” or anything like that.

I think he turns 30 in the summer so we’d only likely get 3-4 good years out of him and he’s known for an injury every season but at the same time he’s about as good as there is in the PL, links play well, holds the ball up, has a good touch and scores 25 a season so there’s pros and cons.
100m to 120m for CL qualifications 3 - 4 years is worth it in my opinion. For a club with status like United it is important to play in CL to maintain the "big club" status and keep the fans on board.

footballbite

He's not really good enough to be the main striker for Utd, yet Brentford would probably want £50mil for him.

£50mil for a player you'll want to immediately stick on the bench and wish to upgrade seems a bit absurd (though Utd do have recent form with the likes of Sancho and DVB).

"Talking realistically" Kane will never move from Spurs to the current Utd - it'd be a sideways move at best. He'll surely only leave Spurs for a side where he can likely win a league title, and that'll probably be Real Madrid, with an outside chance of Bayern.

Bojan Djordjic

I think no. Realistically we are a couple of years of good transfer windows and of developing our current pre-peak players away from having the squad need to compete with a City. By the time we achieve this, Kane will be post-peak but still on a massive salary and with his history, likely to have availability issues. I think it would be another expensive mistake for us and would highlight that our recruitment team is not learning from the current Ronaldo fiasco.

Sparky Rhiwabon

The more realistic question would be if we could get Kane but (due to the money required) that would be our only signing of the window barring maybe an Eriksen type free.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He's not really good enough to be the main striker for Utd, yet Brentford would probably want £50mil for him.

£50mil for a player you'll want to immediately stick on the bench and wish to upgrade seems a bit absurd (though Utd do have recent form with the likes of Sancho and DVB).

"Talking realistically" Kane will never move from Spurs to the current Utd - it'd be a sideways move at best. He'll surely only leave Spurs for a side where he can likely win a league title, and that'll probably be Real Madrid, with an outside chance of Bayern.
If we could get Toney for £50m that would be a no brainer in this market, but he would cost more like £80m minimum

JagUTD

A striker is an absolute must. A proper out and out number 9 but that market is tiny. There's a handful of them in existence and 3 of them are completely unattainable.

The current top scorers in Europe right now. If we move in January, I'd probably look at Toney or Mitrovic.

Erling Haaland (Man City) 15
Robert Lewandowski (Barcelona) 9
Neymar (PSG) 8
Kylian Mbappe (PSG) 8
Terem Moffi (Lorient) 8
Harry Kane (Tottenham) 8
Niclas Fullkrug (Werder Bremen) 8
Jonathan David (Lille) 7
Christopher Nkunku (RB Leipzig) 7
Florian Sotoca (Lens) 6
Folarin Balogun (Reims) 6
Ivan Toney (Brentford) 6
Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham) 6
Marko Arnautovic (Bologna) 6
Borja Iglesias (Betis) 6
Roberto Firmino (Liverpool) 6
Phil Foden (Man City) 6
Joselu (Espanyol) 6
Sheraldo Becker (Union Berlin) 6
Lionel Messi (PSG) 5
Jamal Musiala (Bayern) 5

Last edited:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
A striker is an absolute must. A proper out and out number 9 but that market is tiny. There's a handful of them in existence and 3 of them are completely unattainable.

The current top scorers in Europe right now. If we move in January, I'd probably look at Toney or Mitrovic.

Neymar (PSG) 8
Kylian Mbappe (PSG) 8
Terem Moffi (Lorient) 8
Harry Kane (Tottenham) 8
Jonathan David (Lille) 7
Florian Sotoca (Lens) 6
Ivan Toney (Brentford) 6
Borja Iglesias (Betis) 6
Phil Foden (Man City) 6
Joselu (Espanyol) 6
Lionel Messi (PSG) 5
Jamal Musiala (Bayern) 5
David is on 9.

You also are missing some smaller but significant leagues.

Gakpo…

Mani

Neymar (PSG) 8
Kylian Mbappe (PSG) 8
Terem Moffi (Lorient) 8
Harry Kane (Tottenham) 8
Jonathan David (Lille) 7
Florian Sotoca (Lens) 6
Ivan Toney (Brentford) 6
Borja Iglesias (Betis) 6
Phil Foden (Man City) 6
Joselu (Espanyol) 6
Lionel Messi (PSG) 5
Jamal Musiala (Bayern) 5
You missed Vlahovic, who's on 6 goals this season.

sokol11

Neymar (PSG) 8
Kylian Mbappe (PSG) 8
Terem Moffi (Lorient) 8
Harry Kane (Tottenham) 8
Jonathan David (Lille) 7
Florian Sotoca (Lens) 6
Ivan Toney (Brentford) 6
Borja Iglesias (Betis) 6
Phil Foden (Man City) 6
Joselu (Espanyol) 6
Lionel Messi (PSG) 5
Jamal Musiala (Bayern) 5
Arnautovic anyone? :wenger:

Andre Kagawa

What's Osimhen's contract situation like? Would be perfect for us, but will probably be unreachable if Napoli wins the Scudetto

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Yep, he is ready for the step up. Should be obtainable as well. He'll be overpriced as he's so important for them, but they surely won't stop him moving.
I believe that all Brentford's players have a sell on price, but yes, Toney's would be quite high now, I thinks it's a shame that we didn't go in for him during the summer, like some on here were suggesting, mind you, there are still posters who don't think he's good enough, but for me he's a very good striker.