g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The centre-forward market...

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Thuram is versatile, he's still young, he wouldn't mind the bench but he also has the potential to be better then that. At the right age/fee he's worth a punt simply because we might add a first teamer on one side of the spectrum or he can be easily be sold if things doesn't work out. That's something United might be interested in.

Unfortunately we lack good negotiators.
This would be shrewd business from us, only costs around 8m or so. Second topscorer in the BuLi if I'm not mistaken. These are the type of deals I love to see. The risk-reward is so good here. Can't believe they aren't moving quickly here.

Redlyn

Doubt the Premier League would be so incompetent to leak a signing like this, but interesting a portuguese 29y/o* striker has been added to our roster on the PL websites. Supposedly some sort of mistake but being well-versed in databases, can't imagine why this type of labelling "mistake" assigning him a "Manchester united" tag could of been made.

Alberto Alves Coelho, known as Betinho, is a Portuguese footballer who plays for S.C. Espinho as a striker.

He's 29, playing in the Portuguese 4th division. Could be him :nervous:.

Sea-Cow

Who do you have in mind?
Goncalo Ramos. I don't know if we can afford him, especially when the Glazers are considering a sale, but surely we should go all out for this lad. He looks like Kun Aguero to me.

Not saying that he will be that good, or have that impact, but he looks similar quality.

MrFishers

I'd take Paul Onaucho from Genk as a squad option while we try sort a top level CF.

He is 28, should be cheap, an absolute tower and good in the air, good finisher and can get you 20 goals a season. He would surely welcome the pay rise.

croadyman

My money is on no one or a very underwhelming loan late in the window. The briefs are the exact opposite of positive sadly.

Hope to be very wrong!
Loan better than nothing at all even if it isn't that star name. Maybe that player could at least contribute something.

croadyman

Won't happen in a million years but

Vlahovic in January

Osimhen/Kane in summer

Which do you choose?

croadyman

Agreed. Would give us options when everyone is fit, and provide cover if anyone were to get injured. It's a must for me if we want to give ourselves a better chance of a top 4 finish.
Are there any strikers available for loan and no don't count Felix as he's more of a flexible attacker

Black Alabaster

Jamie Jackson at Guardian also reporting we don't like the loan fee of 8M.

This is why I have recently been a bit hard and critical of our summer business and our conduct recently even after our backroom rejig going on.

Wandered into misappropriating £230m over the odds on everyone we bought and now scrounging for a few bob maybe fallen down the cracks of the sofa to make any helpful Jan moves.

I know some aren't keen on Felix and theres conflicting reports about whether theres an obligation/option to buy tacked on, but I'm not sold on the other potential options like perhaps Depay is the only other realistically plausible loan. Unless this Betinho lad turns out to be true and a scouting department masterclass, feel like we are already handicapping ETH a bit here with our bumbling summer and now tight-wad Jan. Really cranks up the pressure to pull of some clutch value for money signings in summer which might be difficult with our previous track record.

Champs League would be nice to accelerate our plan scheduele and maybe get some better calibre of players, but can't see us finishing top 4 with our current squad depth and our main rivals making additions now to secure their spots. I am at peace with that though, would probably prefer to spend £40-80mish on a longer term striker of some profile and the rest of budget elsewhere.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Are there any strikers available for loan and no don't count Felix as he's more of a flexible attacker
Well who knows? This is where you would hope our scouting department comes to the fore.

While Felix may not be the profile we were hoping for I would certainly take signing him over signing no-one.

He would give us far more options in advanced areas than we have at present.

croadyman

Well who knows? This is where you would hope our scouting department comes to the fore.

While Felix may not be the profile we were hoping for I would certainly take signing him over signing no-one.

He would give us far more options in advanced areas than we have at present.
Yeah be delighted with him but still doesn't seem even remotely realistic. Then you have negative nancy journos like Jackson saying scared off by loan fee.

RedDevilRoshi

Won't happen in a million years but

Vlahovic in January

Osimhen/Kane in summer

Which do you choose?
Vlahovic in January easily as we need someone now, even if it’s just a loan. We are currently so short on options up top.

Jeffthered

No idea, which is a sad admission.

No 9s eh... everybody wants to play 'false' nine, off the wide areas.

Benzama, Haaland, Lewandoski, CR7... they just want to score goals. Nothing else.

I think that responsibility doesn't suit the vast majority of this current generation of neither coach nor players. That's just my personal opinion.

MrSingh2002

We don't want loan fees...

We don't want permanent deals....

Bottom line is Glazers don't want to spend a penny and it's odd that there's no concrete links to them even selling the club yet.

If our owners weren't cockroaches I'd want Ohsimen, Schick or another CF that the scouts have identified as better than them. Mobile, fast, strong, aerial ability and good enough technically to bring others into the game.

11reds

If rumours are true that we are balking at the loan fee for Felix then things are dire. We are saving double the reported fee for Felix on Ronaldos wages. We badly need to tackle the elephant in the room of players who are not getting game time but collecting the paycheck. Offload players like Van De Beek, Williams, Jones, Maguire, Elanga and Wan Bassaka to fund some new additions.

MrSingh2002

2 mins in Ten Hag is asked about a striker signing in January. Looks like we're back to the drawing board based on his answer of "We were looking for one but the market is not easy".

Lost bear

2 mins in Ten Hag is asked about a striker signing in January. Looks like we're back to the drawing board based on his answer of "We were looking for one but the market is not easy".
In other words our owners don’t want to spend any hard -looted cash…

RuudTom83

After the enormous outlay in the summer, it’s really not a great argument to be bringing up the owners this time.

Far better to say the club being up for sale might limit funds to spend until the ownership is decided.