The chase for 4th place (not top 4)

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
This season reminds me of LvG's last for us where none of the clubs wanted to get the fourth spot.
There is zero chance Arsenal will win every game. Arsenal will drop points just like other clubs. There is no easy game in EPL. Game in hand doesn't mean points

RedDevil@84

Come on guys there definitely is a good chance there, it’s not like we have been losing or getting tanked. We usually should win if we put our chances away, really need to take our chances from now till the end of the season.

Maybe drop some points but it’s not a forgone conclusion.
The evidence is overwhelmingly on favor of nothing is going to change. We will continue to drop points, almost every game.
We have been on a "must win next game" spree for last 7 games or so

ti vu

Spurs' remaining fixture is kinder than others' including the outside chances like West Ham and Wolves, and their form is quite decent. We're talking about Arsenal winning streak/form pre Liverpool, but they don't score that. Spurs recently has been great improve their scoring ability under Conte which is vital at this time of the season.

allen7

Elanga tackles rashford
Fred clips de gea legs
Maguire pulls down shaw or headbutts ronaldo

and we deserve top 4 :D

AshRK

If we finish 4th (which we don't deserve even one bit) then something is seriously wrong with Arsenal and Spurs.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
If we had managed 3 points against Leicester, the mood on here and our top 4 aspirations would be very different.

But in true United style, we've squandered our best chance.

It's a 2-way race between Spurs and Arsenal now.

Stig

Fancy Spurs to do this. Kane and Son are spot on.
Have you noticed how often Kane drops into midfield and plays absolutely killer passes to Son. He's actually quite a bit more than just a target man who scores goals.

Irwin99

Spurs have the easiest fixtures, West Ham are in Europe and have played a game more, Arsenal have some pretty tricky games left and we have to hope something changes and we go on a really strong run or Ronaldo drags us to it with the same kind of performance he put in against Spurs.

Fancy Spurs to do it.

Acquire Me

I would be very optimistic if we could start playing serious football again. But sadly we’re not there at all. We look like we can drop points against anyone in the league.

One match at the time for now I guess.

Shark

@NotShark
We have Everton and Norwich up next. Either we get max points or it's another lifeline down the shitter. Ronaldo is probably our only hope at this point.

croadyman

We have Everton and Norwich up next. Either we get max points or it's another lifeline down the shitter. Ronaldo is probably our only hope at this point.
Admire the fact you still think we are in it

copen1945

Amazingly, we are not out of it. Arsenal will be Arsenal, and Spurs will be at their spursy best. West Ham, also, have European matches. If Ronaldo can find scoring form, it isn't entirely impossible.

allen7

Our squad is full of overpaid mercenaries who don’t give a sh1t about this club.

Hate cavani so much for not showing up in important games. I’m pretty sure cavani will finish those open chances bruno, ronaldo, elanga missed.

I think if we miss out top 4, some of the big names will move away that will help us in rebuilding. Its good in one aspect.

Chelsea & Arsenal been lately lucky with their results and I wish spurs get CL qualification.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I just realized how big the gap between City and Liverpool to the other teams is. Chelsea does not strike me as a great team at the moment, but thanks to all of us being so awfully inconsistent they easily cruise to third place.
Goold old Arsenal will bottle it, no doubt about it. It is a shame that it might be Spurs who will benefit.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Arsenal were lucky to get a point at home to Palace, who also turned Spurs over 3-0 and have taken four points from Manchester City. Palace are a good team and certainly one of those capable of beating anyone on their day.

Arsenal's repeated covid postponements mean they have used up most of their home games but stockpiled away games.

That's six away defeats for them now, and they still have to go to Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, Southampton and Newcastle. They won't win many.

Spurs have a very soft run-in and will take 4th which potentially impacts on the future of Kane.

West Ham have Lyon in the Europa, and if they get past them it's Barcelona or Eintracht Frankfurt.

Wolves have to play the top 3 still.

gajender

Admire the fact you still think we are in it
Because other contenders aren't great either and although chances are we won't be making it, we would still be in the race till last couple of rounds so won't be expecting many youngsters to be used to gain experience either because despite all the talk of giving chances to the youth we are highly conservative in utilising our academy products .

Mike Smalling

If we had shown any kind of ability to string results together over the last two seasons, I might actually believe it was possible to get 4th place - unfortunately we have not. 5th or 6th is on the cards.

ArunCph

Supports
Tottenham
I just realized how big the gap between City and Liverpool to the other teams is. Chelsea does not strike me as a great team at the moment, but thanks to all of us being so awfully inconsistent they easily cruise to third place.
Goold old Arsenal will bottle it, no doubt about it. It is a shame that it might be Spurs who will benefit.
Agree that City & Liverpool are on league of their own. Of the rest, with some bias I would say Spurs are best placed to 'try' to make up the gap. Spurs are only side to do a double over City this season & also nearly won against Liverpool (draw) this season. Spurs were terrible under Nuno -under Conte especially after his first transfer window are flying - scored more goals than anyother PL side this year.

But then, its really about how Spurs finish this season. If they can pip Arsenal to top4, then they give every chance to keep Conte & Kane and push much higher next season. It wont be easy - Arsenal are quite good this season. I see Palace result a blip but losing Tierney & Partey at this stage is going to hopefully hurt them

United - I would take them serious when they take themselves serious & get consistent. That Spurs win should have given them all confidence to push on - but somehow they are stuck in same gear

Bestietom

Arsenal beaten 3-0 by Palace might be a help. We must beat them when we meet, and hope other results go our way also. We need spurs and West Ham to drop points.
I am only HOPING same as most fans, but miracles do happen.

chris123

3 points off, played one game more and we have an away trip to Liverpool. I don't see how we pull this off, especially when we almost definitely will drop points elsewhere as well.

Might have been a different story if we hadn't put that pathetic performance in on Saturday, but the only team that are going to benefit from Arsenal bottling it, are Spurs.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Utd might make it. Tierney is a big loss for Arsenal. Spurs look strong but you never know with them. Utd certainly don't deserve it but I wouldn't be surprised.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I was optimistic before the Palace game that we would do just enough to get top 4, without being overconfident.

However, the result, coupled with the loss of 2 key players for a number of weeks, means I think it will be too much for us now.

Add in Spurs form, & that of Kane & Son in particular, with their easier fixture list, they have to be favourites for me now.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I think it will come down to the NLD who gets it. Arsenal generally have history on their side but away against a Conte side doing well is a tough ask.

Lee565

Spurs look favourites to me which is gutting as the manager they hired to pick up their form was ignored in favour keeping faith with ole. If we had appointed conte we would be front runners for at least 4th spot.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I give us an 8% chance of making top 4 as of now.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
With our injuries I think Spurs are the favourites now. The gamble with the small squad looks to have failed

norm87cro

How we are still point wise in it is beyond me. Moral wise I don't see it. The players have given up.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I'd be gutted if we made it.

These players don't deserve to grace the champions league, these snakes deserve to play in the conference and be humiliated.

I don't want some of our players to succeed on a personal level, I detest them. The sooner we drop down the table the sooner these lazy downtooling snakes are kicked out and the club can be rescued.

norm87cro

Spurs look favourites to me which is gutting as the manager they hired to pick up their form was ignored in favour keeping faith with ole. If we had appointed conte we would be front runners for at least 4th spot.
But they haven't been brilliant and Conte has shown his limitations. It's more a case of us and Arsenal doing a bottling job. And I don't think we should hire a manager just on the basis of getting top 4