The Covid Inquiry

hodgey123

The fact that Johnson and Sunak can both fail to hand over WhatsApp messages and face zero consequences when compelled by a court to do so is a travesty. There should be criminal charges and uproar. Why isn't there?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Anyone seen the Johnson stuff today, what an embarrassment. No wonder thousands died with this idiot at the helm.
I did listen to a couple of hours of it and the thing which struck me was the ease with which he was allowed to get away with.... not remembering certain things... almost without question.

It was just like his answerers during PMQ. And heaping most of the blame on the science community especially SAGE.
Hopefully tomorrow will see a bit more rigour in the questioning.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
The fact that Johnson and Sunak can both fail to hand over WhatsApp messages and face zero consequences when compelled by a court to do so is a travesty. There should be criminal charges and uproar. Why isn't there?
Why indeed.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Boris Johnson tactics at the COVID Inquiry are very clear. Keep on talking so as to limit the opportunity for more questions.
And where he finds himself in difficulty, say that he can not remember.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Everybody knows why and nobody will do anything about it.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Goodness me. I thought Boris was bad, but Sunak is even worse, saying he can not recall specific issues. And continually saying....we were following the science. In other words, nothing to do with me.gov.uk. Slippery bugger keeps on talking in order to waste as much time as possible despite being repeatedly asked to keep his answers short and specific.

owlo

Goodness me. I thought Boris was bad, but Sunak is even worse, saying he can not recall specific issues. And continually saying....we were following the science. In other words, nothing to do with me.gov.uk. Slippery bugger keeps on talking in order to waste as much time as possible despite being repeatedly asked to keep his answers short and specific.
Slimeball isn't he.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sunak was born to be a politician. Everything about him says politician (for good or bad). Compared to lets say Boris Johnson who looks more likely to be a hobo.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
His answer to EOTHO is straight up BS. The literal point of it was to incentivise people to go out to eat in restaurants in groups, leading inevitably to an increase in transmission, which the scientists would have undoubtedly said had they been consulted.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
I didn't believe it was a risk so it was fine not to mention it :lol: how entitled can you get?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sunak was born to be a politician. Everything about him says politician (for good or bad). Compared to lets say Boris Johnson who looks more likely to be a hobo.
I think it’s the opposite. The point of being a politician is to be a scumbag but appear somewhere likeable to a group of people. Boris achieves that. Sunak is incapable of deceiving anyone and is universally disliked.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I didn't believe it was a risk so it was fine not to mention it :lol: how entitled can you get?
He admitted that he didn't seek scientific approval. Instead, he on his own decided to go ahead with Eat Out To Spread The Virus.
And the risk mitigation was.... social distancing.

And he blamed the scientific team for not raising concerns.

The man is a professional blame merchant. All their fault... nothing to do with me.