The Daredevil Draft | Winner - Enigma

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Can we see it?
This was the plan/blueprint:

ended up with this:

Wanted to build around Prosinecki and Savicevic for ages but never got a chance so this sheep draft was perfect, specially as i see Carrick as perfect partner for Prosinecki in the middle so had 3 locked picks from the start that i can pretty much pick after everyone finished their teams though i was fully aware as you know that im facing a R1 exit(even managed to drop earlier).
Before we start i made some lazy ass shortlist so completely ignored i can easily switch sides for both Prosinecki and Savicevic which would open different players and of course, as i didnt you see Zanetti and Cafu going straight down the drain while GOAT left wingbacks and defensive rightbacks survive for the next round or two...

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Lads, please tag me on the day of your game and I should be able to set the thread up soon.

Please finish all games by Friday.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
@Šjor Bepo that fits Prosinecki well, but don't think it's best fit for Savicevic. He's played there some, but he really doesn't have to workrate to make things happen.
I thought he was an excellent fit.

I am not a fan of Kocsis as a lone striker but with Savicevic there, even he looks perfectly fine.

I haven't watched enough of Prosinecki though. Did anyone pick him in the Virgin draft? I am assuming he hasn't won a draft.

Šjor Bepo

I thought he was an excellent fit.

I am not a fan of Kocsis as a lone striker but with Savicevic there, even he looks perfectly fine.

I haven't watched enough of Prosinecki though. Did anyone pick him in the Virgin draft? I am assuming he hasn't won a draft.
harms picked him

Šjor Bepo

Were you planning with Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, and Cafu on first round :smirk:?
tbf that was wishful thinking but yeah i hoped to get something close to that and id probably would if i didnt went Maldini first cause of lazy planning. Reckon something like Scirea, Facchetti, Bergomi + some stopper(maybe even Costacurta as he survived long) would be pretty "easy" to asseamble.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
tbf that was wishful thinking but yeah i hoped to get something close to that and id probably would if i didnt went Maldini first cause of lazy planning. Reckon something like Scirea, Facchetti, Bergomi + some stopper(maybe even Costacurta as he survived long) would be pretty "easy" to asseamble.
Yeh. That's more doable. Although the timing and order have to be perfect.

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

Yeh. That's more doable. Although the timing and order have to be perfect.

I just watched Juve vs Hamburg the other night. I think having Scirea in back 4 is a waste 50% of his capabilities. Just like having Beckenbauer in back 4. Unless you have two other defenders who'll be 100% stayback.
didnt they both played their best football in a back 4? Cant say i watched Scirea that much but Kaiser i watched a lot and he is perfectly in his element playing in a back 4.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
didnt they both played their best football in a back 4? Cant say i watched Scirea that much but Kaiser i watched a lot and he is perfectly in his element playing in a back 4.
I just think Kaiser is a midfielder, more than a CB. He's just good on defending. But imho, why restrict him there doing a mere "defending"? It's ok against team with no great attack, so he can leave his post to venture forward. But otherwise, ..

Šjor Bepo

I just think Kaiser is a midfielder, more than a CB. He's just good on defending. But imho, why restrict him there doing a mere "defending"? It's ok against team with no great attack, so he can leave his post to venture forward. But otherwise, ..
tbf that opens up the whole debate, im 101% sure if he played in a modern game he would spent 90% of his career as a midfielder but sadly that wasnt the case so how should he be rated?
Id say as a midfielder he is probably a 8/10 player based on performances in that role, switch him to the defender role he is as clear 10 as you can get but if he played the modern game with players generally being much smarter and on closer to his level of understanding the game he would be a 10 in mids too no question.
Thing is, where do we draw the line between what if and what actually happened.

Also he was never really restricted, not even when he was facing one of the best offensive teams ever lead by a tier 1 GOAT completely in his element.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I've always had him as a talented player who needs a bit of carrying. Moment of genius but lacked genuine workrate (something not uncommon amongst the ball wizards). Dominant left foot, so tends to cut in rather than provide width stretching defense. A #10 or an IR would suit him best.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
tbf that opens up the whole debate, im 101% sure if he played in a modern game he would spent 90% of his career as a midfielder but sadly that wasnt the case so how should he be rated?
Id say as a midfielder he is probably a 8/10 player based on performances in that role, switch him to the defender role he is as clear 10 as you can get but if he played the modern game with players generally being much smarter and on closer to his level of understanding the game he would be a 10 in mids too no question.
Thing is, where do we draw the line between what if and what actually happened.

Also he was never really restricted, not even when he was facing one of the best offensive teams ever lead by a tier 1 GOAT completely in his element.
Yeh. He didn't venture forward that much against Netherland (or did he?), and played more like a DLP there from the back. So yeh. Now I don't know how to asses him.

It's the case when I watched Vasovic at Ajax too, when I was looking at his partner, Hulshoff. The amount of time he ventured forward, I thought he was a midfielder.

I don't think it's possible with back four. But there were cases when it could work. So it's just my understanding isn't that high then.

Last edited: