The Dark Side of Football

RkkMan

In case anyone didn't get wind of last night's events, a renown French Journalist Romain Molina gave some very dark insight on the things that happen in football behind the scenes. I won't explain everything as the tweets sum it up but fecking hell this sport is genuinely damaged

Flexdegea

The best stuff was the Al Queda recruiting members from football :lol:

cyberman

Fixed games in Ireland is weird. I know a few players and coaches in the league and I just can’t see it

RkkMan

There's more

RkkMan

Oranges038

Fixed games in Ireland is weird. I know a few players and coaches in the league and I just can’t see it
It's on reddit that he references only that 1 game involving Limerick.

Anyway, I'll leave this here there is some mad stuff in it. Whether any of it is ever proven to be 100% true or if anything is ever done about it. I bet we'll never know or ever hear about most of it ever again.

RkkMan

This tweet hit home

Ole90+3

feck me. Now Ferland Mendy has now been accused of physical and sexual abuse against women. Wtf is going on.

There’s definitely some irony here in the fact he had complained about his photo being misused in pieces about Benjamin Mendy.

Flexdegea

Why is that funny?

It all reads like a spoof. I wasn't sure how to take it when I read it all last night.

I've no doubt the sexual abuse stuff happened, Evra spoke of it lately, but was a serious list of scandal could make out what was legit or not, or was it a mad man writing it all.

Hashirama

feck me. Now Ferland Mendy has now been accused of physical and sexual abuse against women. Wtf is going on.

There’s definitely some irony here in the fact he had complained about his photo being misused in pieces about Benjamin Mendy.
That’s a third Mendy. One is City LB (Benjamin), one is Real Madrid full back (Ferland), one is Chelsea keeper (Edouard). As far as I’m aware, no allegations have been made against Edouard

izec

In case anyone didn't get wind of last night's events, a renown French Journalist Romain Molina gave some very dark insight on the things that happen in football behind the scenes. I won't explain everything as the tweets sum it up but fecking hell this sport is genuinely damaged

Is this real? Thought it was just Twitter nonsense based on the Mendy case.

Dont know how true it is. But the sport is not damaged, humanity is. You will find that in every sport, business and life in general. A lot of humans are scumbags, no surprise there. Football doesn't exist in a bubble either.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This is horrifically fecked up. :(

The sad part is…. I’m not one bit surprised at any of it.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Is this real? Thought it was just Twitter nonsense based on the Mendy case.

Dont know how true it is. But the sport is not damaged, humanity is. You will find that in every sport, business and life in general. A lot of humans are scumbags, no surprise there. Football doesn't exist in a bubble either.
I think it's just people who are in positions of power, also power tends to bring out peoples true nature.

So a lot of "normal" people will find this shocking, but for those with the "drive" to make it into power will probably have the capability of carrying out such horrible acts against their fellows!

Been said many a time, CEO's are generally psychopaths, which basically means any leader in an organisation or country will also tend to be a psychopath.

Sad for us normal people though as we'll never have any sort of power to stop this.

DickDastardly

There is a dark side in any sports.

Given how many kids play football i even think the percentages aren't that bad in football as in some other sports - mainly gymnastics if i'm not mistaken.

MalaysianRed7

Might be true, might not be true. Some, like the Mendy and sexual assault shite, are more believable than the others (the rest). I just don’t believe the personal ones, like Rapinoe and Deschamps. How would he know?

Conor

There have 100% been fixed games in Ireland, one of my mates got a tip off about it before years ago and made a fortune off it.

sugar_kane

Hang on, are we all seriously discussing the rantings of some cranks on Twitter who can barely string a sentence together?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I like the tweet about City reluctant to sign french players due to Mendy. Are they going to sack Laporte and Mahrez or treat them differently based on what Mendy allegedly did?

On a side note, I'm sceptical when it comes to Molina, there is something strange about him.

RUCK4444

Hang on, are we all seriously discussing the rantings of some cranks on Twitter who can barely string a sentence together?
I was thinking the same. Wtf are these tweets and is any of it remotely true?

Bizarre thread unless I’m totally missing the point here, apologies if I am.

RkkMan

The journalist is(supposedly) not a bullshitter. People might find these things hard to believe because of how outrageous they sound but this world has serious psychos and there's next to no benefit for Molina to lie about such risky stories involving the Football Cabal. Here is also his last tweet after hosting the football space he exposed all this info from

RkkMan

Famous people, famous French or French related footballers and even football clubs were in the space

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
@JPRouve @kouroux How reliable is Romain Molina considered?

I mean some of this stuff sounds like dark things you'd believe goes on in the background of football, but it would be really hard to prove most of it.

JPRouve

Scout
@JPRouve @kouroux How reliable is Romain Molina considered?

I mean some of this stuff sounds like dark things you'd believe goes on in the background of football, but it would be really hard to prove most of it.
It depends on who you ask and how much you want to believe most of his rambling. Molina is an actual investigative journalist, he has/had sources but he makes things personal way too often, says a lot of things that he doesn't substantiate and try to make you believe that he literally knows everyone in Football.

So my take would be to believe part of what he says because he has sources but keep in mind that he has an angle and doesn't report things verbatim, an example being how he reported small disputes within the french team as if it was Armageddon, now he tells us that QSI didn't purchase PSG for Football reason as if we didn't know, as if Sarkozy links with Colony Capital, QTA and Accor had not been investigated by the french authorities and that he is officially implicated, interestingly there are articles about that today.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
A lot of this is perfectly believable. There is obviously corruption in football, and there are certainly cases of inappropriate behaviour, sexual abuse and rape.

A lot of it is deliberately vague, unbelievable and in many cases just plain incoherent.

I also find it weird that two thirds of it is exclusively about France and French clubs.

If I had to guess, I'd say a journalist with primarily French sources has heard some whispers and then added some embellished details and guesswork to pad it out. For example the Arsenal/Helium one. I assume he doesn't mean helium, but how seriously are we going to take the rantings of a guy who gets such a basic detail wrong?

Much of this isn't about football at all, either. It's just reinforcing that there are a lot of scumbags in the world. Doesn't make sense to try and reframe issues like human trafficking as 'the dark side of football' when it's a worldwide problem.

Rex Banner

Hang on, so this journalist spoke on Twitter about all of these things? I'm a bit confused as to where all the accusations in the tweets have come from.

All seems very 'pizzagate' like at the moment. But it does seem like there's a concerning amount of sexual assault cases in French football.

Baneofthegame

All this stuff is messed up but reads as if someone is throwing random tweets out there like a conspiracy theorist.

Where’s all the evidence to back up these allegations?

JPRouve

Scout
Hang on, so this journalist spoke on Twitter about all of these things? I'm a bit confused as to where all the accusations in the tweets have come from.

All seems very 'pizzagate' like at the moment. But it does seems like there's a concerning amount of sexual assault cases in French football.
There are millions of under 18 playing organized football in France, the amount of sexual assaults that you hear about whether it is France or other countries doesn't come close to reality.

KingCavani

The peadophilia is sadly not surprising at all. Always felt the guys Daniel Taylor took down a few years ago was just the tip of that iceberg. Spaces where adults have a huge amount of power and influence over groups of children are easily infiltrated by these creeps and where there’s one there’s normally many.

That list is so bizarre though. He really should have just stuck to the serious stuff as it almost reads like a parody seeing human trafficking next to players enjoying shisha.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I have no doubt that a lot of very dark, exploitative things happen in football but as presented in this rambling Twitter thread, it's a bit, SacréBleu-Anon.

e corsu

Supports
Arsenal
This guy is well-kown in France as an investigation journalist (articles in guardian, NY Times...), usually revealing sexual abuses in sports especially with kids in football. Hes in touch with athletes and peoples inside clubs/federations so he has various sources and he's very reliable.
In this live he's just talking of next scandals, especially concerning french federation going to be massively exposed.