The Debate (Sky Sports show)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can't believe I'm saying this but Bellamy is actually quite decent. Knowledgable and talking sense.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Phil Thompson talking about Liverpool tonight is damn near nauseating :lol:

Blind

Watched about 10 minutes of this last night and it's no surprise to hear Paul Merson chatting shit but he claimed Barcelona with Messi, Neymar and Suarez didn't win anything with some conviction. Don't put him on anything other than Soccer Saturday ffs.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The Debate Between People who are already on our Pay-roll

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Meh, you can prove anything with facts.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This Simon Jordan guy talking some absolute tripe regarding Aguero. Getting destroyed by Danny Mills.

Last edited:

gibers

This Simon Jordan guy talking some absolute tripe regarding Aguero. Getting destroyed by Danny Mills.

I thought he was in the right and caucght Danny Mills out. Simon Jordan for me is the best guest on the debate regularly.

Boycott

It takes dedication to watch a 'debate' between Danny Mills and Simon Jordan from Norway.

If they were having it in my garden I'd draw the curtains.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It takes dedication to watch a 'debate' between Danny Mills and Simon Jordan from Norway.

If they were having it in my garden I'd draw the curtains.
I'd be asking your Mrs firstly how those two were out there and came to be in our garden!

IrishRedDevil

I actually like listening to Simon Jordan for some bizarre reason. He's normally not the kind of person I would pay much attention to, but he generally makes some decent points.

Bojan11

I actually like listening to Simon Jordan for some bizarre reason. He's normally not the kind of person I would pay much attention to, but he generally makes some decent points.
Me too.

People need to remember his point of view is from a chairman. A chairman is hardly going to like one of his assets off in another country and having accident especially two days before a major game.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Same, not sure if I like the guy but I do enjoy listening to him.

AkaAkuma

I like the show, but it drops in quality depending on the guests.

I've grown tired of podcasts with the same format each week - this actually tackles issues that aren't part of the weekly newsround.

MalcolmTucker

My dad has met Simon Jordan and said he was a monumental twat. Then again my dad is a bit of a plonker himself. They probably both are tbh.

Reactions: Cheesy

freeurmind

weak willed

The irony of Begovic and Upson giving analysis on what constitutes good defending and goalkeeping.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The irony of a forum full of people who've barely kicked a ball in their lives analysing the performances of professional footballers...

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think what Begovic and Upson day are spot on. They obviously don’t want to batter individual but looked like Begovic didn’t rate SM the Liverpool GK to highly.

Mister_Stubbs

Tim Sherwood is giving me a headache. He started off by saying that every player woild rather play for Poch because he plays football rather than Jose even though he wins things (actual quote), then he says Tottenham will win tomorrow and backs it up by saying Man Utd drew to Liverpool.. and then he bangs on about how even all our players want to play for City and Pep even if they wouldn’t say it out loud. Does he have something against us?

United_We_Stand

Does Simon Mullock hate United? He twisted Sherwood's words into this silly claim:

(Sherwood said players would rather play for Pochettino or Pep than Jose)

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I'm definitely willing to bet that most players would rather play for Pep than Jose.

Especially attacking players.

Josep Dowling

Sherwoods completely contradicts himself.

A football player firstly thinks about their salary, that rules out Spurs over United. Then they think about trophies. Jose is a serial winner, this fact can't be denied even if it's not regarded as the most prettiest of football to win titles.

Pochettino has won nothing, zilch, nada. Yes you could argue he isn't expected to at Spurs but the media keep banging on about them at the moment you would think they had won a trophy. Didn't they just get knocked out of the league cup, 2-0 up at home to their local rival? That is the type of trophy they should be winning now.

Then called Mourinho a chequebook manager. Well if Jose is a chequebook manager so is Pep. The media never criticise Pep for his spending, even at Barcelona where pretty much every signing he made was a dud.

We had one bad performance against Liverpool and you would think we had lost the league already. Not even 10 games into the season yet but they have given the title to City already.

ColvaleGoa

Ooooo ...Jose will certainly have a thing or two to say about this...May even get the lads fired up a bit more. Team talk sorted for tomorrow I guess!