"The dressing room is just a disaster"

lsd

The Oracle
Love that this whole thing could simply be Scholesy seeing Lingard for 10secs and asking about the dressing room and Lingard flippantly saying "it's not good".

Then it's suddenly morphed into "proof" that Lingard has been leaking negative stuff for years.

I would bet my life on that being the case

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I''ve never actually liked Lingard, but I'm surprised how most of you criticise him for talking to Scholes and not Scholes for saying he got this from Lingard on TV! :confused:

BlueHaze

Is it only the manager to blame though? We hand out large contracts like sweets and massively overpay making it difficult to get rid of players even if the manager doesn't want them. We've just done it with Bruno despite having no permanent manager
Definitely not but the manager can still decide who he doesn't want. Even though Bruno got a new contract if he doesn't perform well under Erik one can hope that he will try and move him on.

el3mel

You are the one having an issue with him for speaking the truth. Our dressing room is a shambles, with rubbish players and Rangnick is a shit manager. How is any of that wrong? Yeah he's been critical of Rangnick because he's been terrible as a manager here.
No I have a problem with his agendas and I explained what I meant in my post already. This is in no way or shape absolving Ralf of the blame. Understand the post you are replying to first.

Irwin99

Love that this whole thing could simply be Scholesy seeing Lingard for 10secs and asking about the dressing room and Lingard flippantly saying "it's not good".

Then it's suddenly morphed into "proof" that Lingard has been leaking negative stuff for years.
'It's a disaster' does probably imply that some more specific information was given but obviously we don't know. Coupled with the media stories about some of the players disliking the coaching set up ("Ted Lasso") and also there was that controversy over Lingard and Ralf each saying a different things as to why Jessie wasn't available a month or so back and it's not a good look for Jessie as the supposed 'leaker'...

...either that or it's Rebekah Vardy's account!!! :D We've all been fooled.

Greck

Jeez It's not that bad. Scholes and Lingard already have a relationship from their time at the club. I also doubt Scholes is the one being leaked to. If anything leaking his source in this manner would be all kinds of thick.

Jezpeza

Just feck off jese with whatever that shit on your chin was today. How was this guy still here?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No I have a problem with his agendas and I explained what I meant in my post already. This is in no way or shape absolving Ralf of the blame. Understand the post you are replying to first.
There's no agenda mate. You say he didn't criticize Ole. Look at his post match reaction after our home win against Atalanta in the CL before the Liverpool game. Even though we won he was adamant we were poor and would get pummeled against Pool. He was calling it as it is. The thing is barring the last few weeks, it never became this toxic under Ole. The last few months, I think ever since the Watford game have been an absolute shit show from both the manager and players so no wonder the ex players are calling it out. The players are rubbish and need to be culled but the way Ralf has gone about it, this is not how you manage a club and Scholes is absolutely right in calling him out along with the players.

Green_Red

I'm not concerned with any player saving face regardless of circumstance. I'd much rather see us look at what's causing the problem and make moves to address it.

Anything else is pure PR - who ironically are going to be having kittens this afternoon after Scholes' comment.
Signing ETH and allowing some of the contracts to expire is kind of sorting it though. So they are addressing it. Makes the whole thing look farcical though.

EtH

“I’ve had a chat with Jesse”… As if he’s saying he talked to Rooney or Rio. Bizarre.

The reality is that no one cares what that clown has to say at this point and I have no idea why the feck Scholes does.

el3mel

There's no agenda mate. You say he didn't criticize Ole. Look at his post match reaction after our home win against Atalanta in the CL before the Liverpool game. Even though we won he was adamant we were poor and would get pummeled against Pool. He was calling it as it is. The thing is barring the last few weeks, it never became this toxic under Ole. The last few months, I think ever since the Watford game have been an absolute shit show from both the manager and players so no wonder the ex players are calling it out. The players are rubbish and need to be culled but the way Ralf has gone about it, this is not how you manage a club and Scholes is absolutely right in calling him out along with the players.
There's difference between saying the team was poor and between pointing the fingers of blame towards the manager directly and by name like what he did with LVG and Mourinho and now with Ralf, unlike what he was doing with Ole when he was twisting the words to criticize the team while dodging Ole completely.

Also no, the atmosphere when we lost to Liverpool 5-0 and City 2-0 in a row was as toxic as it can get.

No problem criticizing Ralf and if you saw my posts in his thread I actually think he has been a fraud, but Scholes opinions are based on his agendas.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Jeez It's not that bad. Scholes and Lingard already have a relationship from their time at the club. I also doubt Scholes is the one being leaked to. If anything leaking his source in this manner would be all kinds of thick.
You suggesting an ex footballer wouldn't be thick enough to reveal the club leak is probably not the watertight argument you think it is.

Tyrion

Literally impossible. Players have mates outside the first team squad.

He’s going to talk about his job to the people he’s closest too. Why wouldn’t he talk about the game to Rio, Scholes etc There’s a level of trust there.

Arguably Scholes broke that trust today and if I was Lingard I’d be fuming.

Plenty of times on Rio’s show he’s remained tight lipped around things. It can be done, Scholes has just thrown Lingard under a bus, look how rhe reaction to it is on here, for what probably was a throwaway comment between friends
Maybe. But not if they're in the media. Even if they won't name you, they'll still say what you've said to them on TV. Evra did something similar to Henry last year I think.

Eddy_JukeZ

At this point, I'm beginning to think almost all of our players(now and former) are daft.

Why is Lingard going on spewing this nonsense to punditry and then why is Scholes saying this publicly?

SAF really held this entire club together.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Scholes is a shit pundit. Always has been, always will be.

Lingard is done at the club. thank you for your services.

The quote is actually quite revealing though. What is happening in that dressing room for Lingard to say it's a disaster. We know he's very tight with Rashford and Pogba. I think the obvious assumption would be him and his close friends aren't having the best time. This could be due to Ralf and the staff or another group in the dressing room or both. If i had to guess I'd go with door number 3.

Ralf and his critiques have not gone over well with some players. There are also players talking a good talk but not walking the walk on the pitch. Then you have people wanting to leave and a manager with no control( following a manager they all liked who got the sack) which probably leads to no team chemistry or togetherness and ultimately the statement "The dressing room is a disaster"

Zoo

Never understood why people put so much stock in what Scholes says. As a a player he ran a mile from the media and was happy to cultivate this image of him as a simple family man who just wanted to play and go home to his family. Now he just sits in the studio being just another rent-a-gob.

Oldyella

My take is that Scholes is being paid to talk shit on tv, we might not like what he said but it's good TV. Lingard should be professional enough not to badmouth the place of his current employment.
Have you never slagged off your place of work? Especially when everything's gone to shit?

King7Eric

There's difference between saying the team was poor and between pointing the fingers of blame towards the manager directly and by name like what he did with LVG and Mourinho and now with Ralf, unlike what he was doing with Ole when he was twisting the words to criticize the team while dodging Ole completely.

Also no, the atmosphere when we lost to Liverpool 5-0 and City 2-0 in a row was as toxic as it can get.

No problem criticizing Ralf and if you saw my posts in his thread I actually think he has been a fraud, but Scholes opinions are based on his agendas.
I already said barring the last few weeks under Ole and this was in that period. Under Ralf it's been this way at least since the Watford game, with that Ronaldo hat trick against Spurs lifting spirits briefly.

And I don't get this argument of ex players not critizing Ole. Last 2 seasons we weren't this bad and when we unraveled this season every guy and their dog could see that the sack was coming for Ole. Everyone knew he was a dead man walking after the defeat to the scousers so what did you guys want people to say?

Whereas for Ralf, maybe due to the interim nature of his job, people take every thing he says as gospel even though he's just saying things anyone with half a brain could see. I wouldn't say he's a fraud, he's clearly a more than competent DoF but as a manager he's taken over a bad situation and somehow made it worse. I don't think it's an agenda to call that out.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Scholes is truly an awful pundit with agendas controlling his opinions. His credibility falls off when you compare his opinions to what he was saying during Ole's reign. He can slaughter LVG, Mourinho and Ralf but Ole no he will twist the words to try and make him look as blameless as possible.
Fair point. I’d not give it too much air. Click bait

clarkydaz

That can't be true.
what cant? All you heard is Rashford this/Rashford that since Ralf came. Neville publicly warned them to cut out the leaks, they persisted so he called them out on twitter. Even Ralf called his PR/family out in a presser

el3mel

I already said barring the last few weeks under Ole and this was in that period. Under Ralf it's been this way at least since the Watford game, with that Ronaldo hat trick against Spurs lifting spirits briefly.

And I don't get this argument of ex players not critizing Ole. Last 2 seasons we weren't this bad and when we unraveled this season every guy and their dog could see that the sack was coming for Ole. Everyone knew he was a dead man walking after the defeat to the scousers so what did you guys want people to say?

Whereas for Ralf, maybe due to the interim nature of his job, people take every thing he says as gospel even though he's just saying things anyone with half a brain could see. I wouldn't say he's a fraud, he's clearly a more than competent DoF but as a manager he's taken over a bad situation and somehow made it worse. I don't think it's an agenda to call that out.
Eh..we have had similar awful periods under Ole as well. The period just after the honeymoon one when he got the permanent job we won 2 out of our last 12 games in the season or something and the atmosphere when we lost to Cardiff at Old Trafford whom relegated were pretty damn toxic and awful. The start of the next season immediately had us close to relegation zone and we only started to improve after Bruno deal. Add to that of course the last few weeks under his reign which were pretty toxic.

Not really at any of these periods were Ole criticized by the likes of Scholes as harsh as he criticized LVG, Mourinho and now Ralf when they had similar shit periods. He was pointing directly towards them and calling them by name, unlike Ole. We were getting such quotes :

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/14/paul...give-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-more-time-15423131/

Meanwhile coming straight at Ralf after the first few bad results

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-united-rangnick-scholes-southampton-23078457

It's not an agenda to call Ralf out as he has done a shit job and has been a failure. It's an agenda to not treat all managers by the same standards.

Treat all managers equally and without a bias. Not really a difficult thing to ask from a pundit if you ask me.

Crashoutcassius

It hurts you i know but we are damn ones, Ole is swimming in sacking money for sending us in stone age but nevermind that, its not thread topic.
probably 300 managers been sacked in the prem that were swimming in 'sacking money' classic united fan victim mentality that we feel it shouldn't be legal for ole to get it

R'hllor

probably 300 managers been sacked in the prem that were swimming in 'sacking money' classic united fan victim mentality that we feel it shouldn't be legal for ole to get it
What the feck you talking about, what United fan victim mentality and who expressed feeling that it shouldnt be legal for him to get that bread, is that your shtick, making shit up and pulling it out of your arse or

George The Best

The real disaster is Lingard somehow still being at this club.
Did really well at West Gammon on loan. Played some good games for England too. He’s got the talent, just needs the right manager to get the best.

Just needs some Gorilla tape around the mouth and fingers

Last edited:

King7Eric

Eh..we have had similar awful periods under Ole as well. The period just after the honeymoon one when he got the permanent job we won 2 out of our last 12 games in the season or something and the atmosphere when we lost to Cardiff at Old Trafford whom relegated were pretty damn toxic and awful. The start of the next season immediately had us close to relegation zone and we only started to improve after Bruno deal. Add to that of course the last few weeks under his reign which were pretty toxic.

Not really at any of these periods were Ole criticized by the likes of Scholes as harsh as he criticized LVG, Mourinho and now Ralf when they had similar shit periods. He was pointing directly towards them and calling them by name, unlike Ole. We were getting such quotes :

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/14/paul...give-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-more-time-15423131/

Meanwhile coming straight at Ralf after the first few bad results

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-united-rangnick-scholes-southampton-23078457

It's not an agenda to call Ralf out as he has done a shit job and has been a failure. It's an agenda to not treat all managers by the same standards.

Treat all managers equally and without a bias. Not really a difficult thing to ask from a pundit if you ask me.
Doesn't it occur to you that maybe he felt Ole was the man for the job and so felt should be given more time? Maybe he didn't feel the same about others. A pundit's job is to call things as they see them. Their word isn't gospel and shouldn't be treated as such. They will be wrong at times just like all of us.

Why would he have an agenda against Ralf, a guy he's likely never met? I have personally nothing against Ralf or LVG for instance, but I didn't feel their style of management is good or viable. Doesn't mean I have an agenda against them, if I'm speaking with someone about them I'll list the things I don't about their style. Similarly, I felt Ole was doing certain things right and didn't go certain things right and I'll tell that as well to people. Pundits do the same. Criticizing them for giving an opinion or accusing them of having agendas against people they likely don't even know is just plain weird.

Revaulx

100%

Rangnick said the same thing and the Caf rejoiced at his honesty.
Did he?

He’s pretty much said the players aren’t good enough, but has been evasive and said he “doesn’t know about that” if asked about the “atmosphere“. He certainly hasn’t alluded to cliques or anything like that.
Unfortunately for Lingard, his reputation precedes him. He could find the cure for cancer and half of this forum would still have a go at him for failing to do the same for AIDS.
True! He might be a bit of an immature tit, but the way he’s assumed to be a Bad Apple is ridiculous. He still needs to bear in mind that, sadly, when he talks to Scholesy he’s talking to someone in the pay of the tabloid media.

Dan_F

It’s a bit shit of Scholes, it felt like something that just came out rather than planning to say that, and even then, it doesn’t seem like Lingard actually said the words that are making the headline.

Footballers talk to ex teammates and journalists ALL THE TIME. Most of it never comes out.

el3mel

Doesn't it occur to you that maybe he felt Ole was the man for the job and so felt should be given more time? Maybe he didn't feel the same about others. A pundit's job is to call things as they see them. Their word isn't gospel and shouldn't be treated as such. They will be wrong at times just like all of us.

Why would he have an agenda against Ralf, a guy he's likely never met? I have personally nothing against Ralf or LVG for instance, but I didn't feel their style of management is good or viable. Doesn't mean I have an agenda against them, if I'm speaking with someone about them I'll list the things I don't about their style. Similarly, I felt Ole was doing certain things right and didn't go certain things right and I'll tell that as well to people. Pundits do the same. Criticizing them for giving an opinion or accusing them of having agendas against people they likely don't even know is just plain weird.
So out of all the managers that managed us post Fergie, the one whom he felt was the man for the job is only ex legend, despite any awful results or performance that he was criticizing the other managers for, he thought Ole should be given time when these happened under him, the only manager whom he thought that about him is the only one who's an ex-teammate and ex-legend. Weird coincidence.

Scholes found it easier to slaughter the foreign managers who have no previous connection with the club when shit results happened. He'll jump the gun and slaughter them immediately. He was too shy to do the same with someone who was his teammate previously. There's nothing more to it. Anyone who followed his quotes ever since LVG era till now will find the stark difference in his quotes.

He's free to say his opinions. We're free to call him an awful pundit as well.

Real Name

Of course. But at least I don't go criticizing genuine legends of the club for speaking the truth.
Its not about speaking the truth. Its about telling the whole world what one player said to you in private. Legend or not he shouldnt be absolved of criticism. Especially when he does something like this or when he's a hypocrite about which manager he is criticizing and which not.