Television The end of Neighbours

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Neighbours to Amazon. Here we go!

Bertie Wooster

I'm pleased to see it's coming back from a nostalgia aspect. But I'm not sure how much of it I'll bother watching.

From what I saw, and read, as it was 'ending' (or so we thought), what became obvious was the show I was remembering didn't really exist any more anyway. It had deliberately changed in response to criticism of being 'stuck in a time warp'. A return of that 'time warp' was what was nostalgic and lovely about the extended finale with the return of some great characters from the past.

I'll see how many of the 'oldies' are returning for the new series. But I'll probably just catch up on some of the old episodes, with some classic characters, that Amazon FreeVee (I'd never even heard of that!) are streaming.

Last edited:

Chief123

The end of this long running show at the end of the month. A show I grew up with. Remember really fancying Kylie even though I was still at primary school. i haven’t see it much over the last 20 years but happened to catch 10 mins off it yesterday

Some big characters making comebacks for the end episodes

scott (Jason Donovan)
Charlene (Kylie)
Mike (Guy Pearce)
Des Clarke
Shane Ramsey (Peter O’Brien)
Jane
Joe Mangle (Mark Little)
Mal Kennedy

goodbye Neighbour, being there for one another and leaving your back door open for people to pop in. Goodbye 20 minute show after school
Complete side note, I saw a video which a guy was doing a food review of a place called Jason Donner Van :lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Complete side note, I saw a video which a guy was doing a food review of a place called Jason Donner Van :lol:
I used to live about a 5 minute walk from it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Although I haven’t seen it in 2 decades, I tuned into the last episode and thought it ended quite well. Bringing it back is a bit of a damp squib. But I’m sure the die hard fans will enjoy it

atkar83

I was an 8 year old boy when my sisters used to watch it and I think Natalie Imbruglia was the first girl I ever had a crush on. Thats my memory of the show.