Television The Fall of the House of Usher (Mike Flanagan/Netflix)

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I enjoyed it. I liked the fact that the deaths were based on other work and poems by Poe.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It’s somewhere in the middle for me.

I just think the episodes are too long and full of annoying melodrama at times. But overall it is fun.
4 episodes in and yeah I think the middle is fair - not brilliant or anything definitely enjoying it though.

I dunno if this is a fair criticism, but there really does seem to be a lot of ACTING in this show though... a lot of it seems very performative.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah, all in all I liked it by the end. I'm glad they never really explained what Verna was, I was half expecting some Stephen King style awful spider thing to pop out since this one seemed more cartoony than the others.

I'll watch it again sometime to reflect, but I think it's probably on par with Mass for me because of the Poe idea, behind Bly/Hill and way ahead of Club.

Bole Top

I gave up after the second episode. it's probably not bad to the point where giving up so soon is justified, but since the tone is completely different from the first two shows, characters are unlikeable from the start and every possible modern audience cliche has already been thrown at me, I feel there's no point in watching the rest. at least it's better than the Midnight Club.

Chumpsbechumps

Can't wait. This will be great.

Midnight Mass was awesome!
Midnight mass was superb. I remember avoiding it as the trailer didn’t do anything for me. And funnily enough the first few episodes I was unsure but it just got better and better.

Really enjoyed the house of Usher, the stories Flanagan tells have been told beFire, I just really enjoy how he tells them.

Chumpsbechumps

Yeah, all in all I liked it by the end. I'm glad they never really explained what Verna was, I was half expecting some Stephen King style awful spider thing to pop out since this one seemed more cartoony than the others.

I'll watch it again sometime to reflect, but I think it's probably on par with Mass for me because of the Poe idea, behind Bly/Hill and way ahead of Club.
What is the Edgar Allen Poe references? Don’t have a clue who that is, shows my ignorance.

I find with a lot of Flanagan’s stuff i really enjoy how he tells a story. Midnight club I gave up after one or two episodes, so I was hesitant to watch usher but I really enjoyed this

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
What is the Edgar Allen Poe references? Don’t have a clue who that is, shows my ignorance.

I find with a lot of Flanagan’s stuff i really enjoy how he tells a story. Midnight club I gave up after one or two episodes, so I was hesitant to watch usher but I really enjoyed this
This entire series is based on Poe's short story of the same name.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
This entire series is based on Poe's short story of the same name.
Most episodes are loosely based on a different work though. I haven't watched it through yet as we kinda lost interest at the sixth episode, but off the top of my head other stories by Poe used in it are
  • The Black Cat
  • The Gold Bug
  • The Tell-tale Heart
  • The Murders in the Rue Morgue
  • The Masque of the Red Death

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I really liked it, even more than Midnight Mass (i thought some character developments in the last 2 episodes were really stupid) but less than Hill House.

Nickosaur

I wasn't familiar with every single Poe reference but it was really cool to see different takes on certain stories.

Overall definitely enjoyed it. I didn't find it particularly scary, but the atmosphere, acting, and overall direction were very good imo.