The Fifth Redcafe Sheep Draft

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
You are very very luck @Edgar Allan Pillow
Wanted to pick him in R1 as a tribute since I couldn't find anyone who I would pick in the starting lineup.
I was about to pick him :lol: maybe should have and given Edgar another sheep :lol:.

There was one very decent keeper that was overlooked better than all of those picked.

Bonus Round

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Please provide rationale behind your guesses.

Warning:
we won't be limiting the number of guesses, but if you are just randomly throwing up names the mods may pay attention to your convo sparingly

Puzzle 1: Whose thighs are these?

Puzzle 2: What's going on here? Be very specific.

Puzzle 3: What do Franz Beckenbauer, Carlos Salvador Bilardo, Carlos Alberto Parreira and Francisco Maturana have in common which Sir Alex Ferguson and Marcello Lippi don't?

Puzzle 4: Guess the player

Puzzle 5: Guess the club

Last edited:

antohan

SHEEP ALLOCATION

OneNil and Lord Sinister need keepers. As a rule, first sheep is worse than second, third, etc. There are no available keepers meeting the conditions, so going for the near misses (foreigners in PL that barely played back home).

@oneniltothearsenal @shrike get Gabor Kiraly

@Lord SInister @Charly get Richard Kingson

Tuppet and Prath/KM tried Vieira, then a pair of wingers.

@Tuppet has no sheep, so gets Ali Dia

@prath92 @KM get Adel Taarabt

antohan

PLEASE NOTICE: Puzzle 3 has been amended. There was a technically correct answer that is too easy. Team that spotted it first have scored.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Please provide rationale behind your guesses.

Warning:
we won't be limiting the number of guesses, but if you are just randomly throwing up names the mods may pay attention to your convo sparingly

Puzzle 1: Whose thighs are these?

Puzzle 2: What's going on here? Be very specific.

Puzzle 3: What do Franz Beckenbauer, Carlos Salvador Bilardo, Carlos Alberto Parreira and Francisco Maturana have in common which Sir Alex Ferguson and Marcello Lippi don't?

Puzzle 4: Guess the player

Puzzle 5: Guess the club

damn.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hands up, if you're stuck at every question.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Just for the record our pick was 100% eligible as the link I sent proved. If Lord Slinister also picked the same player that player should be blocked not that other lad.

antohan

Just for the record our pick was 100% eligible as the link I sent proved. If Lord Slinister also picked the same player that player should be blocked not that other lad.
As explained in the convo, but it seems you couldn't wait for an answer:

Wiki entry said:
He was propelled into the limelight when he played in an FAI Junior Cup semi-final for Lifford Celtic. At 14, his performances for the club attracted attention from Celtic
First paragraph of club career on Wikipedia.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
As explained in the convo, but it seems you couldn't wait for an answer:

First paragraph of club career on Wikipedia.
Its not listed under the teams on wiki and that side is not listed on any other sources. For all I know that paragraph is totally wrong but whatever I am not continuing after this post.

antohan

For the record, you need to find the "right" answer.

E.g. the puzzle with St. Paul's Cathedral for São Paulo some tried St. Pauli and there was an excellent shout for Corinthians (St. Paul's letter). We consider those warm/hit the goalposts cases.

The earlier "goal" has been rescinded as the facts turned out to be bollocks. We will not be analysing wrong answers in detail (e.g. "none of them played professionally against some random Scottish club which Lippi did mysteriously play against").

antohan

Its not listed under the teams on wiki and that side is not listed on any other sources. For all I know that paragraph is totally wrong but whatever I am not continuing after this post.
We did state follow Wiki. And yes, I can see how you would miss that. I had looked at the same widget list and assumed he was OK until I saw GS rejecting it and double checked Wiki in full.

The problem here isn't whether a wiki paragraph is correct, it's two managers making the last round needing a goalie and their four attempts following the same order. Can't help you with that, it's the nature of a sheep draft.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
If it's that man it looks pretty clear to me he isn't eligible given the 'football at any level' caveat. I mean he didn't go abroad until 15 so it's not as if he just picked up his gloves then.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
By the way, I've made a highlights video of Finney's international career, if anyone's interested. Shocking that he lasted that long, especially with the criterias like the statue one or an international/continental losers
Yeah he was on my list for those categories. But I've struggled to sell him a couple of times in drafts, it's harder work than it should be IMO given how well regarded he is by his peers.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
You are very very luck @Edgar Allan Pillow
Wanted to pick him in R1 as a tribute since I couldn't find anyone who I would pick in the starting lineup.
I was about to pick him :lol: maybe should have and given Edgar another sheep :lol:.
There was one very decent keeper that was overlooked better than all of those picked.
Thanksfully you didn't. Can't afford another sheep.

I forgot to check the teamsheet and was abusing @Pat_Mustard for picking Barnes, Duh!.....But then any abuse at Pat and @Skizzo is never wasted. ;)

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Yeah he was on my list for those categories. But I've struggled to sell him a couple of times in drafts, it's harder work than it should be IMO given how well regarded he is by his peers.
I never went for him because of you specifically — knew that you were a fan and thought that you would pick him. Thankfully, you didn't

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I never went for him because of you specifically — knew that you were a fan and thought that you would pick him. Thankfully, you didn't
Well Laudrup and Stoichkov were secured early on so the wide attacker pressure was off. Very useful to have a man like Finney though, comfortable as he is across the front line, in a draft where certain positions simply might not be available in certain rounds.

harms

Staff
Just found an absolutely ridiculous stat that unites all of them bar Franz :mad:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The Alternative Sheep Draft table (Final)

17 Points
Pat_Mustard
2mufc0

19 Points
mazhar13
idmanager
Invictus/Ecstatic

20 Points
Gio
Indnyc/crappy
P-Nut0712
Lord SInister/Charly

21 Points
Skizzo
prath92/KM

22 Points
Edgar Allan Pillow

23 Points
Enigma
harms

25 Points
oneniltothearsenal/shrike

30 Points
Tuppet
If several teams have the same # of points, is there a draw to know the pecking order?

harms

Staff
I'm stuck, even my brilliant attempt at cracking the Greyjoys failed :(