The Final: Argentina vs France

Predict the winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
The footage of him playing mindgames with Mina during the Copa America semi finals is making the rounds and it's fun to watch athletes engage in this alpha-type behaviour.
Personally I loved it.

Especially after Mina danced in the shootout vs Uruguay.

Love Messi in that clip "Dance! Dance Now!" :lol:

Ladron de redcafe

104’ beautiful football
Should have gotten his shot of quicker. The amount of chances Argentina wasted was criminal. Yet, all is well that ends well and the way it unfolded gave us the greatest world cup final in history.

Pocho

Should have gotten his shot of quicker. The amount of chances Argentina wasted was criminal. Yet, all is well that ends well and the way it unfolded gave us the greatest world cup final in history.
Lautaro was awful again. Di Maria would’ve nail it.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
104’ beautiful football
The header at the very end 123' Enzo was jogging I'm behind him, if Martinez just jumped but let it go Enzo would have an empty net to tap it into too.

Martinez running to the front post dragged Lloris and the defenders with him, they were completely unaware of Enzo he was running at a pace making it easy to control too.

We got dramatic penalties instead, sadly Martinez is the best they have after Alvarez... but Martinez scored the penalty vs the Netherlands so I'll forgive him for being Higauin reborn this tournament.

He did well in Copa at least

MostHandsomePlayer

Rewatched the match again and Argentina looks more dominant then I thought in real time. Deschamps solved a lot of the problems France was having in midfield with his subs but France was too offensive, unbalanced and Argentina had the better play.

However, they have no nerves for some reason and completely panic! Same as against Australia and Netherlands, they start misplacing terrible passes and booting the ball long which results in immediate turnovers. Like against Netherlands, in extra time they remember how to play football again passing and building it up. Then they go up a goal and lose their nerve again. Hilarious.

Otamendi so many mistakes in this tournament. Being overrated cause he makes some spectacular tackles. With Lisandro they would be much more secure, It's not like Otamendi was winning much in the air anyway.

Pocho

The header at the very end 123' Enzo was jogging I'm behind him, if Martinez just jumped but let it go Enzo would have an empty net to tap it into too.

Martinez running to the front post dragged Lloris and the defenders with him, they were completely unaware of Enzo he was running at a pace making it easy to control too.

We got dramatic penalties instead, sadly Martinez is the best they have after Alvarez... but Martinez scored the penalty vs the Netherlands so I'll forgive him for being Higauin reborn this tournament.

He did well in Copa at least
right, he is forgiven only for his pk.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Rewatched the match again and Argentina looks more dominant then I thought in real time. Deschamps solved a lot of the problems France was having in midfield with his subs but France was too offensive, unbalanced and Argentina had the better play.

However, they have no nerves for some reason and completely panic! Same as against Australia and Netherlands, they start misplacing terrible passes and booting the ball long which results in immediate turnovers. Like against Netherlands, in extra time they remember how to play football again passing and building it up. Then they go up a goal and lose their nerve again. Hilarious.

Otamendi so many mistakes in this tournament. Being overrated cause he makes some spectacular tackles. With Lisandro they would be much more secure, It's not like Otamendi was winning much in the air anyway.
Said similar after the game, if Lisandro came on for Otamendi in the 70th minute mark when Otamendi looked leggy 2-2 would have never happened.

Licha would have not given a pen away to Muani, I doubt the second goal the give-and-go / 1-2 with Mbappe for the finish would have happened because I'd think Lisandro would track his run or compete with him in the air.

Also in the dying minute at 122' when Muani goes 1 on 1 with Martinez (Dibu) for the save, it was literally a long punt with Lloris, you never let a ball bounce like that as a defender, they lost their legs.

I really think by not replacing the back line towards the end cost Argentina 3 goals.

If Otamendi got replaced we would never have gotten to 2-2 potentially finished at a boring 2-0.

MostHandsomePlayer

Yep, those are the 3 big mistakes I spotted Otamendi make in the final. He also made 3 terrible mistakes against Australia and some other ones against Netherlands that I forgot. First thing you want from your CB is to not make mistakes.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yep, those are the 3 big mistakes I spotted Otamendi make in the final. He also made 3 terrible mistakes against Australia and some other ones against Netherlands that I forgot. First thing you want from your CB is to not make mistakes.
I felt from the start that Otamendi would cost them in this tournament. But fair play to the team that they still managed to do enough to win the whole damn thing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If Dembélé doesn't start, France wins this game.
If L.Martinez starts, Argentina win regardless of what France do.

And Dembele wasn't the only terrible player for the first hour. Giroud, Mbappe and Griezmann were all ghosts

Pocho

Unbelievable how Enzo made Girezmann look like an average player when he was one of the best players of the WC until the final.