The Former United Youth/Reserves Thread

KevinJoh

You mean that he's not as good as Scott McTominay? I know different profiles etc etc, but he clearly doesn't lack the talent to play for United...
He doesn't lack talent, and he is doing OK with Lille and that is top 5 Ligue 1 club. Third season now with massive improvement in the second season. Also great Euro behind him. I would not compare him with Scott, as they are completely different. When McT lack technical quality, Gomes has plenty of it, but McT has phisicality that Gomes will always lack. He is playing more defensively now, can he do it in PL, I am not sure but I guess someone will soon (next summer) try him in PL. His contract will expire in two years, so Lille will have to sell him next summer, if not before, and I guess he will get a chance in PL.

KevinJoh

Birmingham won yesterday, with penalty goal. Penalty made by Dan James with foul on Ethan Laird.

khoazany

He doesn't lack talent, and he is doing OK with Lille and that is top 5 Ligue 1 club. Third season now with massive improvement in the second season. Also great Euro behind him. I would not compare him with Scott, as they are completely different. When McT lack technical quality, Gomes has plenty of it, but McT has phisicality that Gomes will always lack. He is playing more defensively now, can he do it in PL, I am not sure but I guess someone will soon (next summer) try him in PL. His contract will expire in two years, so Lille will have to sell him next summer, if not before, and I guess he will get a chance in PL.
Maybe someone like Brighton will wanna try with him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Ethan Laird two back to back MOTM in first two matches of Championship.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Watching Pompey vs Exeter and noticed that Demi Mitchell plays for Exeter nowadays, joined them from Hibs in January.

IRN-BRUno

Watching Pompey vs Exeter and noticed that Demi Mitchell plays for Exeter nowadays, joined them from Hibs in January.
He's done well there, scored a couple of great goals last season. I think it was an 18-month deal so I'd expect him to move to a Championship or top 6 League 1 side next summer.

lysglimt

Scout
Harvey Neville must be wondering what he did right in a former life. From being a fairly average u16 player at United, to playing in the same team as Jordi Alba, Carlos Busquets and that guy from Argentina whose name I can't quite recall :) True - he doesn't get many minutes, but he is in the match-squad every single game.

top1whoisman

Scout
Nicholas Ioannou (still only 27!) plays for Como in Serie B and has done so for two years now. It's the club Dennis Wise is the president of and where Fabregas played his last season. Cesc is currently their U19 and B team manager.

Ioannou seems to be their starting LB(LWB) by the looks of it. He's got 34 caps (2 goals) for Cyprus.

Pericles

Harvey Neville must be wondering what he did right in a former life. From being a fairly average u16 player at United, to playing in the same team as Jordi Alba, Carlos Busquets and that guy from Argentina whose name I can't quite recall :) True - he doesn't get many minutes, but he is in the match-squad every single game.
Probably doesn't hurt that the team owner is dad's mate from way back.

top1whoisman

Scout
James Weir (28) plays for FC ViOn Zlaté Moravce in the Slovakian top tier.

The midfielder was without a club for a whole year after being let go by MTK Budapest where he spent the 2021/22 season.

top1whoisman

Scout
Ethan Hamilton signed for Lincoln City on 1 August, he’s started all of the games so far and scored one goal. Good start in the League One for the midfielder.

Archer

Charlie Wellens joined Reading, become teammate with Charlie Savage again.

Gungerz

Charlie Wellens has signed for Reading (U21s) following his release.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Probably worth mentioning Tahith Chong has played in all of Luton's games in the PL so far this season.

top1whoisman

Scout
Probably worth mentioning Tahith Chong has played in all of Luton's games in the PL so far this season.
It’s been great to see. Underwhelming as he was at times for Birmingham too, but the Luton team is nowhere near PL level in general. Difficult to standout.

Gungerz

I noticed Birmingham signed Cody Drameh on loan from Leeds yesterday. Must mean Laird’s injury is fairly serious.

Such a shame because he started really well by all accounts. Really hope he has an injury-free run at some point because I truly believe he’s comfortably a PL level full-back.

top1whoisman

Scout
I noticed Birmingham signed Cody Drameh on loan from Leeds yesterday. Must mean Laird’s injury is fairly serious.

Such a shame because he started really well by all accounts. Really hope he has an injury-free run at some point because I truly believe he’s comfortably a PL level full-back.
It's the hammy again. I'm very concerned about his future :(

khoazany

4 goals and 1 assist in his first 5 games for PNE in the Champo with them sitting top at the moment. Would be some comeback story if PNE gets promoted to the PL (finally) and he plays a big part of it.

Think they signed him for less than 100k too.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Joel Pereira is currently without a club after RKC Waalwijk released him at the end of his contract this summer.

He started the first two games in 2021 when he signed for them, but a hernia injury kept him out of the team for the remainder of the season. He was on the bench towards the end of that season but never recovered that starting position.

Played three games last season, lost all three conceding 11 goals in the process.

35 caps for Portugal U17-U21 but his career seems to be going downhill. Too bad, seems like a lovely lad and he sure had some goalkeeping talent too.

Mickson

Joel Pereira is currently without a club after RKC Waalwijk released him at the end of his contract this summer.

He started the first two games in 2021 when he signed for them, but a hernia injury kept him out of the team for the remainder of the season. He was on the bench towards the end of that season but never recovered that starting position.

Played three games last season, lost all three conceding 11 goals in the process.

35 caps for Portugal U17-U21 but his career seems to be going downhill. Too bad, seems like a lovely lad and he sure had some goalkeeping talent too.
Mourinho once said that Pereira would be no1 for Portugal, and to be fair, Mourinho had a pretty good talent id.

city-puma

Too bad! I still remember that night in Paris we beat PSG to fulfill what Ole said Pre-match, the mountain is to climb. He joined the celebration there. Someone posted the video here.

top1whoisman

Scout
Happy to see Charlie McCann making his return to international football. After becoming a regular at Forest Green this season he gained his second U21 cap today. The less said about the result the better.

Stadjer

Redcaf went crazy and full uproar when Iqbal was sold for just 1m. All the "city would have sold him for 10m" comments but Iqbal hasnt played a minute for Utrecht and all he has done this season is get a red card..

Gungerz

Redcaf went crazy and full uproar when Iqbal was sold for just 1m. All the "city would have sold him for 10m" comments but Iqbal hasnt played a minute for Utrecht and all he has done this season is get a red card..
He's been injured tbf, only just back fit now.

I don't think he'll ever make it to a level where we might regret selling him but it's still a bit unfair to judge him so soon.