The Former United Youth/Reserves Thread

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Ramazani was sent off for Almeria today after pulling back a player while he was on a yellow.

kundalini

Puigmal played 750 mins for Almeria in La Liga last season but only 232 mins so far this season, typically as a late sub.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
One of my favourite academy players, saw his debut (all five minutes or so) live too.

Ekeke

Having a feeling he will move back to England this summer.
Yeah if not then in the future and he's still a very good prospect now he's solidified his reputation playing as both an AM and CM through the middle. He does need to score more goals if he's going to play in the hole as his main selection though

Borninthe80ts

I saw an MEN article I think where he mentioned leaving was difficult for him. Back in England hopefully he would be more visual to Southgate too. Definitely matured.

Varun1

Anyone watched Qarabag v Leverkusen? How did Kovar play?

Gungerz

Pretty good weekend for Luca Ercolani. He graduated and earned his degree in food science & gastronomy, while also scoring the winning goal for Foggia against top of the table Juve Stabia in Serie C.

Luke1995

I recall summer of 2008 Fabio and Rafael were signed, then the winter window Zoran Tosic and De Laet plus Macheda was there and made some impact...

It seemed like a good group of young players. All of them had good careers after leaving. It was hard for them to compete with the squad we had playing first team at the time...

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Horrible news. All the best Joe.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
What a brave fella, good luck Joe and family.

ariel

Just realised D'mani Mellor is playing for Rochdale. Replaced Sam Mather today.

Also noticed that Tom Sang plays for Port Vale with James Wilson (and Dan Gore, if we can count him in). Wilson's career definitely didn't work out as expected or at least hoped ...

Gungerz

Former schoolboy Owen Hampson makes a Sheffield United squad for the first-time tonight. Brereton-Diaz, Norwood & McAtee also all former United academy players who are involved.

inflikted

Supports
Europa Point FC
Former Academy player Ben Brereton Diaz has scored for Sheffield United, huge goal for them. It was against... oh, against United. gdi.