Media Thread

Abizzz

Whenever I see this thread bumped I'm reminded that Roger Ailes is still dead. It's not much, but it's something.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Whenever I see this thread bumped I'm reminded that Roger Ailes is still dead. It's not much, but it's something.
I hope we start seeing some Ailes moments here soon with the likes of any Trump, Miller, McEnany, Meadows, Rudy, etc.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
This guy is a fecking psycho!

Like Mike Graham here in the UK, I can't honestly tell if they are being honest and are this far right, nasty and sociopathic, or if they have seen how being like that gets huge ratings and what benefits comes from that.

He is a cnut no doubt, but is a lot of it bravado just to shock?

I'm sure he was a lot more reasonable earlier in his career. The same as Mike Graham was, but he's turning in to the UK equivalent of Hannity/Carlson.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Like Mike Graham here in the UK, I can't honestly tell if they are being honest and are this far right, nasty and sociopathic, or if they have seen how being like that gets huge ratings and what benefits comes from that.

I'm sure he was a lot more reasonable earlier in his career. The same as Mike Graham was, but he's turning in to the UK equivalent of Hannity/Carlson.
Didn't he have a TalkSport show or is that a different nutjob?

langster

Scout
Didn't he have a TalkSport show or is that a different nutjob?
He did indeed. With Mike Parry who is a fecking moron. But a strangely funny one. Graham was the sensible one out of the two, but they split and MG is now the head of right wing Talk Radio.

Edit.. He's gone right off the far right deep end now.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
He did indeed. With Mike Parry who is a fecking moron. But a strangely funny one. Graham was the sensible one out of the two, but they split and MG is now the head of right wing Talk Radio.

Edit.. He's gone right off the far right deep end now.
I used to listen to the sportsbar as I made dinner and so sometimes it would bleed over into MG. Was not really my cup of tea.

langster

Scout
I used to listen to the sportsbar as I made dinner and so sometimes it would bleed over into MG. Was not really my cup of tea.
They made a career out of arguing like a married couple. Parry just used to talk absolute bollocks and MG spent the time mocking and correcting him. They made millions over two decades with that act.

They fell out badly and publically and now MG really is the UK version of Tucker and he's slowly building a large base of followers.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

Sounds to me kinda like he's watching his own show and gets convinced by himself. 'This guy talks a lot of sense, and I bet that's not all there is to it!' Your own vicious circle of idiotization (or rather: radicalization).

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

not really. John Oliver did an epic evisceration of Tucker a few weeks ago on Last Week Tonight. I highly recommend it.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Raise your hand if this at all shocks you

Raises hand.

I'm very surprised there would be fecking society in honour of someone like Dan fecking White. Excuse the profanities, but if you're a staunch "defender of the home, the family and religious life against homosexuals, pot smokers and cynics" (as White described himself according to an NYT quote on Wikipedia), I am sure there are like-minded feckwits people to support that don't kill politicians and then cowardly claim a mental illness.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Raises hand.

I'm very surprised there would be fecking society in honour of someone like Dan fecking White. Excuse the profanities, but if you're a staunch "defender of the home, the family and religious life against homosexuals, pot smokers and cynics" (as White described himself according to an NYT quote on Wikipedia), I am sure there are like-minded feckwits people to support that don't kill politicians and then cowardly claim a mental illness.
is there an actual society? I just assumed Carlson was trying to be “clever” with his homophobia.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
is there an actual society? I just assumed Carlson was trying to be “clever” with his homophobia.
If he made it up there it's possibly even worse, but yes, also less surprising. (lowers hand; it was getting tired anyway)

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I bet no student ever gave you an apple.
My students loved me. I never got an apple, but I did get a personalized coffee mug signed by my students and Lakers luxury box tickets to name a few things. :)

(to be clear, said gifts were after the year ended and were approved by my principal)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
My students loved me. I never got an apple, but I did get a personalized coffee mug signed by my students and Lakers luxury box tickets to name a few things. :)

(to be clear, said gifts were after the year ended and were approved by my principal)
In my short tenure as an adjunct professor, I got silly gifts as well.

I benefitted from teaching trustafarians how to blind taste wine & run a restaurant in a culinary academy though. Hardly shaping the minds of youngsters.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
In my short tenure as an adjunct professor, I got silly gifts as well.

I benefitted from teaching trustafarians how to blind taste wine & run a restaurant in a culinary academy though. Hardly shaping the minds of youngsters.
I taught normal Bio and Chem, but I was also "stuck" (my chairs word) as the new guy with the kids who didn't score high enough to get into Bio. That was my favorite class. It was like out of a sitcom. Only 15 kids, each one of them seemingly a stereotype from an after school special. We started rough with alot of testing on their part of the 21 yo teacher, but we ended with tears and a pizza party after they all got B's or higher. Loved those kids.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Raises hand.

Dan White/Harvey Milk was a huge cultural event at the time so it's entirely possible. Weinstein was one of the other supes!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Raises hand.

Your apologizing in advance regarding future vulgarity screams to me ‘Juan Mata in the contentious Super League meeting’ vibes.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Dan White/Harvey Milk was a huge cultural event at the time so it's entirely possible. Weinstein was one of the other supes!
Yeah, I suppose, It's even got its own film! Guess I still have some naivety about the world to shed.
Your apologizing in advance regarding future vulgarity screams to me ‘Juan Mata in the contentious Super League meeting’ vibes.
Didn't I apologize after cursing twice? :)

I'll admit the reference is going completely over my head. (Yes, I have heard of Juan Mata and the ESL, each individually! :D )

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah, I suppose, It's even got its own film! Guess I still have some naivety about the world to shed.

Didn't I apologize after cursing twice? :)

I'll admit the reference is going completely over my head. (Yes, I have heard of Juan Mata and the ESL, each individually! :D )
Mata is an absolute teddy bear, but he was apparently very vociferous in his actions in the meeting with team officials.

I could see him apologizing before he used any vulgarities.

@diarm snapped a great pic of Mata in the meeting...

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Mata is an absolute teddy bear, but he was apparently very vociferous in his actions in the meeting with team officials.

I could see him apologizing before he used any vulgarities.

@diarm snapped a great pic of Mata in the meeting...

:lol:

I'm just left wondering now if I also have a teddy bear image on here. :D (Or angry baby bird. I think I'd prefer the teddy.)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
:lol:

I'm just left wondering now if I also have a teddy bear image on here. :D (Or angry baby bird. I think I'd prefer the teddy.)
You weren’t taken aback when seeing the anger in that ferocious animal?

Think of the cameraman!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
You weren’t taken aback when seeing the anger in that ferocious animal?

Think of the cameraman!
Or the children!

Well yes, which is why I prefer the teddy for myself, if I have to be one or the other. (Also, I know how small and vulnerable those chicks are in reality.)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Or the children!

Well yes, which is why I prefer the teddy for myself, if I have to be one or the other. (Also, I know how small and vulnerable those chicks are in reality.)
That’s so misogynist.

And you’re part of the management here.