Media Thread

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I don't disagree, but the idea of chillin' with someone who is 180 degrees your moral and political opposite and lies for a living would seem to balance the aesthetically pleasing bit out imo.
Oh, no doubt, the sounds that emit from her mouth hole would disallow any true attraction if we were ever presented with the situation.

Call it my libertarian view of meeting Candace - it would only ever work in a vacuum.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Doocy so wants this to be some leftist agenda/conspiracy. And this is the bullshit a significant portion of society digest without any regard to fact-checking and reality. Wonder if any of the GOP asshats have walked back their shouts?

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-kamala-harris-childrens-book/
Fox News Walks Back Report That Kamala Harris’ Book Was Given to Migrant Kids (Video)
The New York Post, Fox News and GOP leaders falsely claimed the vice president’s children’s book was included in welcome kits

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Doocy so wants this to be some leftist agenda/conspiracy. And this is the bullshit a significant portion of society digest without any regard to fact-checking and reality. Wonder if any of the GOP asshats have walked back their shouts?

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-kamala-harris-childrens-book/
Fox News Walks Back Report That Kamala Harris’ Book Was Given to Migrant Kids (Video)
The New York Post, Fox News and GOP leaders falsely claimed the vice president’s children’s book was included in welcome kits
Even more humorous when the fact that conservative NGOs often do bulk buys to move units of conservative authors.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Fox host who dared ask mildly tough questions to Trump stooges is quietly ushered out of the network.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
cnut talks shit, more idiotic cnuts believe...

Apart from the Tampa Bay logo in the bottom right, how was I supposed to guess the state from this clip? Couldn't this happen just about anywhere...?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Apart from the Tampa Bay logo in the bottom right, how was I supposed to guess the state from this clip? Couldn't this happen just about anywhere...?
We certainly don’t have copyright on aggressive, intentional ignorance.

It just seems that we do.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
We certainly don’t have copyright on aggressive, intentional ignorance.

It just seems that we do.
It's just one person though. I wouldn't be surprised to see a random nutter appear like this anywhere in Canada either - although they would more likely speak French in Quebec. The insanity is more organized and better backed in the US, but we're note crazy-free over here... (And even less so in the Netherlands, for that matter; but again they wouldn't be speaking English. ;) )

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's just one person though. I wouldn't be surprised to see a random nutter appear like this anywhere in Canada either - although they would more likely speak French in Quebec. The insanity is more organized and better backed in the US, but we're note crazy-free over here... (And even less so in the Netherlands, for that matter; but again they wouldn't be speaking English. ;) )
We will no doubt start seeing more idiots like this emboldened by what they hear on Fox & read in the blogs, especially if private business / federal government keep mask mandates in place since we might not reach herd immunity.

Is the top opinion show in Canada saying stuff like Carlson is saying (serious question as I don’t even know what the most watched opinion show in Canada even is)?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
We will no doubt start seeing more idiots like this emboldened by what they hear on Fox & read in the blogs, especially if private business / federal government keep mask mandates in place since we might not reach herd immunity.

Is the top opinion show in Canada saying stuff like Carlson is saying (serious question as I don’t even know what the most watched opinion show in Canada even is)?
No, all of our top media is left leaning, Trudeau worshipping crap.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Didn’t realize there was no Fox-like major broadcast media entity up there.
Not a major one. We have Sun newspapers but they are tabloids usually. The had a TV channel but it went under because no one watched it. There is a group called Rebel Media but they'd be equivalent to OANN or less.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Not a major one. We have Sun newspapers but they are tabloids usually. The had a TV channel but it went under because no one watched it. There is a group called Rebel Media but they'd be equivalent to OANN or less.
And Rebel Media is super small.

Postmedia is main media presence on the right. They own the local Sun newspapers and other similar tabloids, but also more serious local newspapers - plus their national newspaper The National Post. Lots of cities don't have other major local news outlets (apart from local coverage by national media), so a sa whole, that's pretty big. But they don't have an equivalent TV station, and none of it is on the nutty right, just centre-right and a little to the right of that.

I wouldn't call the rest of the media 'Trudeau worshipping crap' though.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
The fealty (both real and fear driven) shown by these people to Trump is a nice gateway into what it must have been like in Feudal Europe.
Just had a thought, hear me out please. What about a drama series, or sitcom if better, of a Fox News-style show during the era you mentioned above. Imagine the monarchy bootlicking, public executions round-table "he fecking deserved it!", apologetic coverage of the Crusades, etc.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Just had a thought, hear me out please. What about a drama series, or sitcom if better, of a Fox News-style show during the era you mentioned above. Imagine the monarchy bootlicking, public executions round-table "he fecking deserved it!", apologetic coverage of the Crusades, etc.
isn't that pretty much any period piece on the BBC?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Make it in an infantile Marvel movie motif, you’ve got a money maker.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Couldn’t find a ‘phobia’ thread, but the Fox News reference made it appropriate for here. This fecker is a middle school vice principal...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/national/educator-threw-beer-at-filmers-of-wifes-transphobic-rant/2021/04/27/defbfe82-a77d-11eb-a8a7-5f45ddcdf364_story.html?outputType=amp
Having read the story I don't think the person should have been taping them at the beginning and the husband would have been in his rights to politely ask them to stop and then pursue it with the restaurant if they continued. His actions afterwards were inappropriate in the extreme.

e- read the story and not watched the video as work laptop blocks videos when on vpn so taking it on faith that the 2 line up.