The Hurricane Thread | Hurricane Otis

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Holy shit, Cuomo is getting absolutely battered now, it's hitting hard there. His mate walking around the street is taking a big risk too.

prateik

Watching NBC.. saying Marco Island has the eye over it and its not windy... then they show a video where the trees look like they will be blown away any second :lol:

langster

Scout
:lol: Watching Cuomo get battered and all I can think is how far the advancements in technology have come for his microphone to still be able to work in a hurricane.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
My wife's cousin has a house in Naples and a boat on his dock barely used since he's from New Jersey and he probably left the boat there and by the time the storm is over the boat will be inside the house :lol:

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Nah, I think it will be a Cat 2 or even a Cat 1 by the time it hits Florida. The water between Cuba and Florida is shallower than out in the Atlantic and it won't have very much time where parts of it are not over one or the other. I did say earlier in the thread I thought this might be a case where they've over-hyped it (atleast it's potential impact on the US.) It was always going to have to go over land masses and shallower water before it hit the US.
And now?

IWat

Lol or put another way, you were wrong about it's strength and no sign yet of it being over hyped. the thread sure is bringing out the stupid in people.
You're a fecking moron, but OK.

IWat

Seems I upset him pointing out how wrong he has turned out being. :lol:
I said in a post it was complete guess work. I also said that I'd certainly never want anyone using what I said as any kind of basis to make a decision. I also said after when it was projected to go up the coast that it could strengthen if it did. I got it wrong, sure but it was based on an assumption that never happened. If someone says we will win the league if we sign Griezmann and then we don't sign him and don't win the league it's a bit of a non-point to bring up. I could well have been wrong anyway, like I said when someone replied, I was using an internet PhD.

langster

Scout
Mad devastation. Naples Florida, the place to go for quality building work and roofing. I'm seriously impressed (and relieved) that there isn't way more damage as that was intense.

More good news, wind speed is dropping fast, it's a Category 2 now. Hopefully it keeps dropping quickly.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Mad devastation. Naples Florida, the place to go for quality building work and roofing. I'm seriously impressed (and relieved) that there isn't way more damage as that was intense.

More good news, wind speed is dropping fast, it's a Category 2 now. Hopefully it keeps dropping quickly.
Glad to hear it is weakening still a lot of water going to be dumped on a lot of areas.

langster

Scout
Glad to hear it is weakening still a lot of water going to be dumped on a lot of areas.
Yeah, I just saw a Tweet saying the water has risen 6 feet in the last few minutes in Naples. Did you just see it on the telly? That water just came out of nowhere.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Lol or put another way, you were wrong about it's strength and no sign yet of it being over hyped. the thread sure is bringing out the stupid in people.
I heard someone on Red Cafe say the storm might hit at Cat 1 or so. ;)

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Got to be said that last few hours on CNN was incredible.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
its amazing how CNN haven't had one loss of feed or signal or even a instance where the reporter couldn't hear the other.
Absolutely incredible considering feeds are lost and technical issues are aplenty any time they've got somebody on who either a) criticises them, or b) doesn't fit their agenda.

As you say, incredible.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Absolutely incredible considering feeds are lost and technical issues are aplenty any time they've got somebody on who either a) criticises them, or b) doesn't fit their agenda.

As you say, incredible.
What are you referring to ?