The Hurricane Thread | Hurricane Otis

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Tom Bossert just openly said climate change can't be attributed at all with recent weather events, but that scientists were "dead on" when they predicted this will be a particularly bad hurricane season. FFS. :wenger:

So let's listen to the scientists, but just not when there's a consensus about climate change. Unbelievable.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States

ghagua

Will it be strong enough to move Chris Christie off his deckchair? I think it would need to be record breaking to do that.
There's no force strong enough to move that thing, even after his supposed lap band surgery.

starman

No he didn't he just said the governments of U.K. and US need to help both islands and besides he said the hurricane was caused by the climate change so right there lost any support Trump would give to him.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/652856001/
Both what Islands? Necker island is in the BVI, so to be included in the recovery effort. The point is his island is a tax exile, hasnt paid income tax for years, so its very rich of him (pardon the pun) to ask the UK government to help with the recovery effort. He should make it absolutely clear any damages he will be paying for himself

And given that he owns and has made much of his fortune from his airlines, he really should not bother talking about climate change.

Last edited:

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Both what Islands? Necker island is in the BVI, so to be included in the recovery effort. The point is his island is a tax exile, hasnt paid income tax for years, so its very rich of him (pardon the pun) to ask the UK government to help with the recovery effort. He should make it absolutely clear any damages he will be paying for himself

And given that he owns and has made much of his fortune from his airlines, he really should not bother talking about climate change.
You might try reading the article and the quotes of who he is asking the UK and US governments to help.

However, he called on U.S. and U.K. governments to step up their support.

"Governments — the UK in the British Virgin Islands, the US in the US Virgin Islands — need to do all they can to help people here who have lost their homes and in many cases will have lost their livelihoods after the storm," Branson wrote in his blog.

Last edited:

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
:lol: I was just going to post the same thing, that he called for the US to help in the US Virgin Islands, and the UK in the British Virgin Islands. Maybe people got confused because he owns a company called Virgin? Obviously not.

The UK is sending a naval vessel for help and support as is the USA, so much needed help is on the way.

I also can't see why Branson can't discuss climate change simply because he owns an airline. Surely he still has the right to talk about it? Airlines aren't the biggest polluters in the world and going by that logic then all cattle farmers should refrain from talking about it too.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

wah wah rich man has nice things so he can't complain

Luzhniki2008

Just got back to Tampa. No power in the apartment but other than that, everything looks fine.

Carolina Red

Staff
Well, the wind is starting to down trees at a fairly good clip in the Upstate of South Carolina now.

My parents just lost power, and there's so many homes and schools without power that several counties have cancelled school for tomorrow as well.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Well, the wind is starting to down trees at a fairly good clip in the Upstate of South Carolina now.

My parents just lost power, and there's so many homes and schools without power that several counties have cancelled school for tomorrow as well.
No power here either. Just charged my phone from my car. Stay safe my friend❤

Carolina Red

Staff

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Some of these locations in Florida CNN are showing look really bad. This is going to take a long time to recover from. Homes waste deep even now. I'd be petrified of gators and snakes.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Some of these locations in Florida CNN are showing look really bad. This is going to take a long time to recover from. Homes waste deep even now. I'd be petrified of gators and snakes.
MY best friend's girlfriend's mom who lives in Sarasota found a 6 foot gator taking refuge in her pool during the hurricane.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
The guy that led the Katrina clean up is talking about evacuations in the coming days. Mentioned some of these communities will not be rebuilt and reality is 40% of small businesses in the hard hit areas will fail.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Actually, while still not a smart move, I believe he was surfing in the waves created by the approach of the storm not during the actual hurricane itself. Though reports are conflicting.
Yeah it says it happened this morning so the storm itself has long passed in that area so he wouldn't have been riding in the hurricane? Surfing like this isn't uncommon and he was a pro so he knew what could potentially happen. Sometimes in these sports you get got, it's very sad especially so young though.