The Impossible Draft

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
but this season at pool was Balon d'Or level and if award wasnt connected with team success he would win it.
Nah. Messi had a better season (and still has a chance of redeeming himself in the WC).

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Personally, this anecdotes are one of the best things you find in drafts so will share all of them, still read Cruyff ones from time to time as i have them bookmarked from a year or so, think it was joga who found them.

On October 26, 1958, Racing visited students while in Vatican City they chose the successor of Pope Pius XII, who had died on the 8th of that month. During the second half, the audience began to shout: "The fans shudder, Corbatta Pío XIII".

It was Marquez Sosa's birthday and Corbatta told him "I'll give you two goals as a gift". And it seems that he did what he wanted because with a couple of overflows on the right he made two goals to Sosa.

He was illiterate, but it was very difficult for someone to find him without a newspaper under his arm.

Nobody was respected more than Pedro Dellacha, his captain in Racing and in the National Team, who taught him to sign by scribbling his last name.

Federico Vairo, notable defender of River Plate, tells about him>
"Once, as soon as the game started, I had stopped by my side and it stayed there, which made me nervous." He suddenly looked at me and said, "How's your mother? What is your sister's life? To which I replied, Shut up and play! ... When the game ends "see you outside" if you have something to tell me ... With that she kept her mouth shut and stopped teasing me.

After finishing the meeting, while we were showering, they knocked on the door of the dressing room. It was he who came looking for me! I went out with all caution ... and I saw that he wanted to talk to me seriously, he came to invite me to the dressing room to have a drink because when he tried to do it initially in the field he had angered me ".

Despite his fame, he was unable to talk to a woman. Therefore, his colleagues introduced him to a "friend of all". Corbatta fell in love with her and was his wife for a long time. With that blonde she married in 1959, they went to live in Banfield and had a daughter. But one day he returned from a tour and found nothing. His house had been empty, without the spiders, without the furniture, without the taps.
Corbatta had three more marriages and three children.
"With the first one it was very bad for me, with the second one it went badly for me, with the third evil and with the fourth one, badly, the four sounded to me, but I love them the same".

His fairs were famous, which made him arrive drunk at matches.

When he arrived from Chascomús (Juverlandia sold him at 14,000 pesos) he was a boy who almost did not speak, generous and fighter. That, when they went looking for him, he escaped through the funds and they had to take him by force. And since they never paid him the 2 thousand pesos that corresponded to them, already in Boca, in a friendly in Chascomús, he went to the bicycle shop of the president of Juverlandia and began to break everything. "I stopped when I added the 2 thousand pesos that they owed me," he explained.

When he arrived at Racing, he did not carry a suitcase; just what I had on. And since then they started calling him the Fool.

In 1956, in a friendly match between Argentina and Uruguay in Montevideo, he began to walk the tough defender Pepe Sasía. Another Uruguayan, to lower the audacity, gave him a kick and left him writhing in the gramado. Then, Sasia approached, with the appearance of giving comfort, and punched him in the mouth. From that day on, Corbatta's smile was missing two teeth.

On a tour prior to the World Cup in Sweden, a photographer portrayed him sleeping on a bench in the dressing room seven minutes before leaving to face Czechoslovakia.

Tita Mattiussi always remembered that time that one of his women invited him to a party. Racing played the other day against Independiente. El Loco escaped concentration by jumping a gate. At six in the morning, Tita opened the door for him and gave him three cold water baths. In the locker room, he told Bethlehem: "Do not pass me the ball I do not see." He was dizzy, could barely stand up. "I woke up, I played like a beast and I made two goals," said Loco later.

On a tour of Boca por Europa, they commissioned Carmelo Simeone to mark him closely. El Cholo said that Corbatta did not drink at his side. Until one day he got the surprise: there was a pile of empty beer bottles under the bed.

During 1983, while Racing paid him a salary equivalent to the quota of 100 members and a small hotel in Capital, near the Obelisk, he went ahead. A short time before he had presented a picture of advanced cirrhosis. It was the beginning of the end. "Drunk as a Cuba, he died in total ruin," says Negri. The fans showed him their love. He laughed, asked for money to go for a drink and told an anecdote with a lost mind.

Corbatta was an unpredictable football player, good proof of this is the play he made one afternoon on the court of Chacarita Juniors, with the ball in his possession, he made a curious slalom in which he dribbled opponents from the rival field line to his own area. Corbatta stepped on the ball, turned and began to elude again the Chacarita players getting out of this dangerous situation and flying a new attack situation after passing the ball to Maschio.

On another occasion, again with a mortal hangover, Corbatta languished along the right touchline barely involved in play. His behaviour caught the attention of a nearby photographer. “Come on, Corbatta, play a bit and I’ll take your photo.” Roused from his accidie, El Loco assented. The winger picked up the ball, dribbled effortlessly past three defenders and scored. “Did you get the photo,” he asked. “No,” came the reply, “I have only just put the film in.” Corbatta cursed the photographer and refused to take any further part in the game from his refuge on the flank.

On July 9, 1963 Boca went to play a friendly homeland to Rio Cuarto. His rival was Athens of this city. Corbatta scored a penalty kick for Boca. The unforgettable image was that of Don Calixto, the neighborhood hairdresser, with a white card and large letters written with black grease chalk that said "Tie, thank you very much". Calixto was one of the most recognized fans of Racing. Oreste Corbata saw the sign and went to the wire to greet the old man who could not believe what was happening.

Corbatta was lazy to train and came on the hour to the games, then they did not put it, but El Loco knew that the people wanted it and then the fans began to sing that they wanted Corbatta to play and "El Garrincha Argentino" came in to play.

The 1958 World Cup squad was integrated, among others, by Amadeo Carrizo and Loco Corbatta. Carrizo told the Madman that he was capable of stopping several penalties, while "The Owner of the Stripe" said it was impossible. They agreed to execute 50 penalties: if Amadeo stopped ten he was the winner, otherwise he would be Omar. The day of the confrontation was expected by all, and after a workout Corbatta and Amadeo found themselves in an arc of the training court. The whole team and even the technical staff acted as public. Finally, Corbatta scored 49 goals and crashed the remaining penalty against the post. He retired victorious and was the father of all the charges against Carrizo.

Moby

Dick
Enigma: (1) Zico (2) G. Batistuta (3) P. Nedvěd (4) D. Santos (5) A. Shesternyov (6) J. Santamaria (7) K. H. Rummenigge (8) D. Mackay (9) A. Benarrivo 10) S. Pluskal 11) P. Jennings

P-Nut0712: (1) F. Puskas (2) L. Yashin (3) J. Tigana (4) J. Charles (5) B. Bremner (6) J. Barnes (7) M. Ramos (8) D. Beckham (9) L. Blanc (10) C. Azpiliceuta (11) R. Pavoni

Gio: (1) P. R. Falcão (2) Z. Zidane (3) Z. Czibor (4) L. Kubala (5) A. Brehme (6) N. Gonçalves (7) D. Law (8) H. P. Briegel (9) A. Erico (10) A. Roma (11) M. Khurtsilava

Charly: (1) D. Džajić (2) S. Kocsis (3) A. Nesta (4) W. van Hanegem (5) A. Demyanenko (6). R. Dasayev (7) T. Silva (8). Jorginho (9) O. Sivori (10) N. Rossi (11) Michel

Pat Mustard: (1) Romario (2) J. Bozsik (3) G. Facchetti (4) D. Edwards (5) D. Godin (6) V. Bezsonov (7) Leonidas (8) J. L. Chilavert (9) W. Schulz (10) R. Bonhof (11) G. Rivera

Brwned: (1) B. Moore (2) G. Meazza (3) M. Coluna (4) I. Netto (5) M. Amoros (6) Julinho (7) V. Mazzola (8) L. Pereira (9) E. Hapgood (10) G. Weah (11) A. Carbajal

2mufc0: (1) G. Scirea (2) R. Gullit (3) O. Varela (4) L. Junior (5) G. Nordahl (6) Zizinho (7) R. Rensenbrink (8) R. Ferri (9) O. Bergmark (10) H. Gatti (11) J. S. Veron

MJJ: (1) R. Baggio (2) G. Lato (3) N. Hidegkuti (4) S. Marzolini (5) E. Ocwirk (6) L. Monti (7) C. Valderrama (8) V. Vasovic (9) J. Stam (10) J. L. Andrade 11. L. Ferreira

Tuppet: (1) D. Passarella (2) J. Masopust (3) O. Blokhin (4) L. Riva (5) K. H. Schnellinger (6) T. Finney (7) Ronaldinho (8) S. Campbell (9) L. Mazurkiewicz (10) G. Hanappi (11) M. Salah

Prath92: (1) B. Robson (2) V. Voronin (3) D. Bergkamp (4) J. Zanetti (5) O. Ruggeri (6) M. Bossis (7) J. Johnstone (8) J. Nasazzi (9) D. De Gea (10) E. Hazard (11) K. Toure

Ecstatic: (1) U. Seeler (2) N. Santos (3) L. Figo (4) Neymar (5) G. Bergomi (6) D. McGrain (7) R. Perfumo (8) Y. Rudakov (9) G. Hagi (10) U. Stielike (11) J. Joya

Indnyc: (1) L. Thuram (2) R. Krol (3) D. Da Guia 4) A. Pedernera (5) J. Fontaine (6) E. Cantona (7) F. Loustau (8) Zito (9) G. Souness (10) F. Bene (11) R. Higuíta

Sjor / Jim Beam: (1) B. Charlton (2) H. Chumpitaz (3) H. Stoichkov (4) P. Elkjaer (5) B. Schuster (6) B. Vogts (7) A. Carrizo (8) F. Luis (9) M. Senna (10) T. Adams (11) O. Corbatta

Idmanager: (1) F. Gento (2) S. Matthews (3) M. Tresor (4) K.H. Forster (5) E. Davids (6) T. Cubillas (7) B. Zebec (8) V. R. Andrade (9) A. Spencer (10) Gerson (11) L. Conejo

Skizzo: (1) Sócrates (2) P. McGrath (3) M. Sammer (4) C. A. Torres (5) R. van Nistelrooy (6) J. M. Moreno (7) A. Morton (8) A. Vidal (9) V. Beara (10) A. Rattin (11) V. Rats

Moby: (1) R. Keane (2) J. Neeskens (3) Rivellino (4) Jairzinho (5) J. Bican (6) E. Francescoli (7) J. A. Camacho (8) G. Popescu (9) B. Wright (10) L. Eyzaguirre (11) S. Livingstone (12) A. Sastre

@Skizzo

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? The sweeper keeper had been around since at least Yashin, some would argue before.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/yashin

That's what cemented his status above all else. His consistency, longevity and talent were impressive, but not mindblowingly so - it was the fact that he played like a modern keeper before anyone knew what a modern keeper was. It's really striking watching him compared to his peers. Between him and Higuita there are a lot of other examples. Higuita was just the most extravagant.
:)

Skizzo

Enigma: (1) Zico (2) G. Batistuta (3) P. Nedvěd (4) D. Santos (5) A. Shesternyov (6) J. Santamaria (7) K. H. Rummenigge (8) D. Mackay (9) A. Benarrivo 10) S. Pluskal 11) P. Jennings

P-Nut0712: (1) F. Puskas (2) L. Yashin (3) J. Tigana (4) J. Charles (5) B. Bremner (6) J. Barnes (7) M. Ramos (8) D. Beckham (9) L. Blanc (10) C. Azpiliceuta (11) R. Pavoni

Gio: (1) P. R. Falcão (2) Z. Zidane (3) Z. Czibor (4) L. Kubala (5) A. Brehme (6) N. Gonçalves (7) D. Law (8) H. P. Briegel (9) A. Erico (10) A. Roma (11) M. Khurtsilava

Charly: (1) D. Džajić (2) S. Kocsis (3) A. Nesta (4) W. van Hanegem (5) A. Demyanenko (6). R. Dasayev (7) T. Silva (8). Jorginho (9) O. Sivori (10) N. Rossi (11) Michel

Pat Mustard: (1) Romario (2) J. Bozsik (3) G. Facchetti (4) D. Edwards (5) D. Godin (6) V. Bezsonov (7) Leonidas (8) J. L. Chilavert (9) W. Schulz (10) R. Bonhof (11) G. Rivera

Brwned: (1) B. Moore (2) G. Meazza (3) M. Coluna (4) I. Netto (5) M. Amoros (6) Julinho (7) V. Mazzola (8) L. Pereira (9) E. Hapgood (10) G. Weah (11) A. Carbajal

2mufc0: (1) G. Scirea (2) R. Gullit (3) O. Varela (4) L. Junior (5) G. Nordahl (6) Zizinho (7) R. Rensenbrink (8) R. Ferri (9) O. Bergmark (10) H. Gatti (11) J. S. Veron

MJJ: (1) R. Baggio (2) G. Lato (3) N. Hidegkuti (4) S. Marzolini (5) E. Ocwirk (6) L. Monti (7) C. Valderrama (8) V. Vasovic (9) J. Stam (10) J. L. Andrade 11. L. Ferreira

Tuppet: (1) D. Passarella (2) J. Masopust (3) O. Blokhin (4) L. Riva (5) K. H. Schnellinger (6) T. Finney (7) Ronaldinho (8) S. Campbell (9) L. Mazurkiewicz (10) G. Hanappi (11) M. Salah

Prath92: (1) B. Robson (2) V. Voronin (3) D. Bergkamp (4) J. Zanetti (5) O. Ruggeri (6) M. Bossis (7) J. Johnstone (8) J. Nasazzi (9) D. De Gea (10) E. Hazard (11) K. Toure

Ecstatic: (1) U. Seeler (2) N. Santos (3) L. Figo (4) Neymar (5) G. Bergomi (6) D. McGrain (7) R. Perfumo (8) Y. Rudakov (9) G. Hagi (10) U. Stielike (11) J. Joya

Indnyc: (1) L. Thuram (2) R. Krol (3) D. Da Guia 4) A. Pedernera (5) J. Fontaine (6) E. Cantona (7) F. Loustau (8) Zito (9) G. Souness (10) F. Bene (11) R. Higuíta

Sjor / Jim Beam: (1) B. Charlton (2) H. Chumpitaz (3) H. Stoichkov (4) P. Elkjaer (5) B. Schuster (6) B. Vogts (7) A. Carrizo (8) F. Luis (9) M. Senna (10) T. Adams (11) O. Corbatta

Idmanager: (1) F. Gento (2) S. Matthews (3) M. Tresor (4) K.H. Forster (5) E. Davids (6) T. Cubillas (7) B. Zebec (8) V. R. Andrade (9) A. Spencer (10) Gerson (11) L. Conejo

Skizzo: (1) Sócrates (2) P. McGrath (3) M. Sammer (4) C. A. Torres (5) R. van Nistelrooy (6) J. M. Moreno (7) A. Morton (8) A. Vidal (9) V. Beara (10) A. Rattin (11) V. Rats (12) K. De Bruyne

Moby: (1) R. Keane (2) J. Neeskens (3) Rivellino (4) Jairzinho (5) J. Bican (6) E. Francescoli (7) J. A. Camacho (8) G. Popescu (9) B. Wright (10) L. Eyzaguirre (11) S. Livingstone (12) A. Sastre

@idmanager

idmanager

Think it is 2 reinforcements per round but you get only 1 extra player in the squad. I.e. Squad goes from 14 to 15. Not entirely sure how it will work though
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.

Think we need to drop at least 1 player for 2 reinforcements.

idmanager

Idmanager: (1) F. Gento (2) S. Matthews (3) M. Tresor (4) K.H. Forster (5) E. Davids (6) T. Cubillas (7) B. Zebec (8) V. R. Andrade (9) A. Spencer (10) Gerson (11) L. Conejo --> DONE

Skizzo: (1) Sócrates (2) P. McGrath (3) M. Sammer (4) C. A. Torres (5) R. van Nistelrooy (6) J. M. Moreno (7) A. Morton (8) A. Vidal (9) V. Beara (10) A. Rattin (11) V. Rats (12) K. De Bruyne

@Šjor Bepo @Jim Beam

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I hope that is not mandatory like we stopped in previous drafts if we wanted to.
Don't think I can fit anymore players without violating one of the squad rules or without filling it with random Asian players.
Africa Asia North America still to pick from if you've just gone all out Europe and south America but I suppose it makes no real difference if you can't be bothered past 11

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Enigma: (1) Zico (2) G. Batistuta (3) P. Nedvěd (4) D. Santos (5) A. Shesternyov (6) J. Santamaria (7) K. H. Rummenigge (8) D. Mackay (9) A. Benarrivo (10) S. Pluskal (11) P. Jennings

Sjor / Jim Beam: (1) B. Charlton (2) H. Chumpitaz (3) H. Stoichkov (4) P. Elkjaer (5) B. Schuster (6) B. Vogts (7) A. Carrizo (8) F. Luis (9) M. Senna (10) T. Adams (11) O. Corbatta (12) S. Mané

Idmanager: (1) F. Gento (2) S. Matthews (3) M. Tresor (4) K.H. Forster (5) E. Davids (6) T. Cubillas (7) B. Zebec (8) V. R. Andrade (9) A. Spencer (10) Gerson (11) L. Conejo --> DONE

@Indnyc @Edgar Allan Pillow @oneniltothearsenal @Enigma_87

Enigma_87

You know who
Enigma: (1) Zico (2) G. Batistuta (3) P. Nedvěd (4) D. Santos (5) A. Shesternyov (6) J. Santamaria (7) K. H. Rummenigge (8) D. Mackay (9) A. Benarrivo (10) S. Pluskal (11) P. Jennings

Indnyc: (1) L. Thuram (2) R. Krol (3) D. Da Guia 4) A. Pedernera (5) J. Fontaine (6) E. Cantona (7) F. Loustau (8) Zito (9) G. Souness (10) F. Bene (11) R. Higuíta (12) J. Ceulemans

Sjor / Jim Beam: (1) B. Charlton (2) H. Chumpitaz (3) H. Stoichkov (4) P. Elkjaer (5) B. Schuster (6) B. Vogts (7) A. Carrizo (8) F. Luis (9) M. Senna (10) T. Adams (11) O. Corbatta (12) S. Mané

@Ecstatic

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

Ecstatic: (1) U. Seeler (2) N. Santos (3) L. Figo (4) Neymar (5) G. Bergomi (6) D. McGrain (7) R. Perfumo (8) Y. Rudakov (9) G. Hagi (10) U. Stielike (11) J. Joya (12) E. Lazzatti

Indnyc: (1) L. Thuram (2) R. Krol (3) D. Da Guia 4) A. Pedernera (5) J. Fontaine (6) E. Cantona (7) F. Loustau (8) Zito (9) G. Souness (10) F. Bene (11) R. Higuíta (12) J. Ceulemans