The Incredible Sulk – also known as Marcus Rashford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordi Cruyff 99

The most overrated player in the club's history. People say he is inconsistent and so on, which is totally false. He is consistently below average and a lot of the time very poor. He is also really unlikeable. I can't stand the guy and I will celebrate when he's shipped off, probably when he's thirty-three.

Telsim

I think he will be one of the players that will be quite comfortable under Ratcliffe.

Bondi77

Huh? He was world class for about three months in 19/20. That's it. An argument could be had for three months in 22/23 as well, but personally I wouldn't say he was. Good yes, probably even great. But not world class.

The rest of the time he's either been managing to get a decent amount of goals and assists while his general form has been mostly poor, or he's been downright terrible and not scoring goals or assists.

Edit: Actually, you're being sarcastic aren't you. Sadly it's hard to tell sometimes with some of the beliefs on here.
You cannot take anything on here seriously as some opinions are just straight out batshit crazy :eek:
The facts are he has scored a lot of goals for us and even if he is out of form then Erik will still play him because he is a better option than what he has on the bench.

GMoore23

No chance of getting rid of him now with his big shiny new contract.
This fecking club :houllier:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
He has zero belief in Ten Hag and a choice between the pair for me is Rashford.

It's wrong he is is not performing for Ten Hag but he is the better bet for us.
Then he becomes the same problem for the next guy. He's not a player you want to build a team around if you want to challenge, but his name and wages means dropping him causes issues too.

slored1

He's a confidence player and his confidence is incredibly low right now. Combine that with his up-and-down workrate and here we are. Not sure what went wrong and when but the team shouldn't play with half-arsed players and he deserves to be banished until he sorts himself out.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We wonder why we're falling miles behind the likes of Newcastle:

Rashford - 17 PL goals last season. New contract, Undroppable superstar status, £300k+ a week.

Harvey Barnes - 13 PL goals last season (less minutes) in a relegated side. Newcastle back up.

Son

I do feel we need to sell Rashford at 27 so he can experience football outside the Prem.

He won’t be much use to us after 27 with his style. Injuries will come and he’ll lose pace as all players start to after 25/26. We’ve already seen his peak I believe similar with Rooney who started young too.

We surely have to cash in the next few years if the club has anything about them. He’s been in the first eleven for a decade and basically won sod all.

It will be sad at first and we’ll have to find goals from more places although it’s not like he’s scored many this season is it.

Roykeaneismagic

Imo he needs shipping out in the summer, had a good breakout year and a good season last year, the remainder he's been bang average. His attitude is disgusting and maybe starting to think now it wasn't just pogba who was the cancer in the dressing room........just not good enough to be a utd player.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’ve long been one of his biggest defenders, I still think if you replay his career under a proper coach/discipline he reaches heights we’ll never see from the lad. Give him Pep & put him at City for Sterlings period, he’s a much better player imo.

But. . .

Last night was unacceptable. I’m not one for body language as he scored nearly 30 goals & wasn’t all smiles last year but the utter contempt he showed for getting back last night was disgraceful.

KD6-3.7

He doesn’t even look like he wants to be a footballer anymore, this season he has put in some of the most pathetically disgraceful performances I’ve seen from a United player in a long time.

Ralaks

I do feel we need to sell Rashford at 27 so he can experience football outside the Prem.

He won’t be much use to us after 27 with his style. Injuries will come and he’ll lose pace as all players start to after 25/26. We’ve already seen his peak I believe similar with Rooney who started young too.

We surely have to cash in the next few years if the club has anything about them. He’s been in the first eleven for a decade and basically won sod all.

It will be sad at first and we’ll have to find goals from more places although it’s not like he’s scored many this season is it.
I had to google him to believe he is (almost) 27. Had the mental thought he was still a up and coming talent at maybe 23. Maybe given his attitude, it's hard to believe he is older. Lingard syndrome 2.0.

Normally I would love to try to support him, but it's really hard when his attitude is like yesterday. T

Son

I had to google him to believe he is (almost) 27. Had the mental thought he was still a up and coming talent at maybe 23. Maybe given his attitude, it's hard to believe he is older. Lingard syndrome 2.0.

Normally I would love to try to support him, but it's really hard when his attitude is like yesterday. T
The club giving him that giant contract I never understood. We’ve had his best years everyone can see this. History tells us this with players who purely use pace.

He’s not suddenly gonna become Salah which I think the club is pinning its hopes on. I guarantee by 28/29 he’ll be on the treatment table more than not on 350k a week.

Will happen like clockwork.

Jericholyte2

Sure, he had a purple patch for José then downed tools. He then had a purple patch for Ole and then downed tools. Now for ETH he had a great purple patch and has now downed tools.

But yeah, it’s entirely on ETH.

Judas

Open to offers
I’ve long been one of his biggest defenders, I still think if you replay his career under a proper coach/discipline he reaches heights we’ll never see from the lad. Give him Pep & put him at City for Sterlings period, he’s a much better player imo.

But. . .

Last night was unacceptable. I’m not one for body language as he scored nearly 30 goals & wasn’t all smiles last year but the utter contempt he showed for getting back last night was disgraceful.
Pretty much how I currently feel too. I'm really disappointed in what we're seeing from him these days. My patience is wearing very very thin.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Sure, he had a purple patch for José then downed tools. He then had a purple patch for Ole and then downed tools. Now for ETH he had a great purple patch and has now downed tools.

A lot of posters are in a state of denial.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Why is he still being picked for the team? Any other manager would drop him due to his shocking form and attitude on the pitch.

Highlights from every game this season comprise of him getting the ball, running at the defence, losing the ball, standing with hands on hips wondering how the opposition have the audacity to dispossess him. This happens multiple times per game and its costing us, no tracking back either to recover the ball, its infuriating. Ever since he got his new contract hes reverted to form and went off the boil.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

But. . .

Agree with this.

AFC NimbleThumb

Why is he still being picked for the team? Any other manager would drop him due to his shocking form and attitude on the pitch.

Highlights from every game this season comprise of him getting the ball, running at the defence, losing the ball, standing with hands on hips wondering how the opposition have the audacity to dispossess him. This happens multiple times per game and its costing us, no tracking back either to recover the ball, its infuriating. Ever since he got his new contract hes reverted to form and went off the boil.
It would be hard to drop him for form because the rest of the team are hardly setting the place alight but given the outward displays of petulance he’s got to see the bench for a few games.

The trouble is Antony is barely even ‘middle of the road’ winger, he’s likely to be just as atrocious. If Antony were even serviceable at his worst it would make the decision easier but he’s a liability in & of himself.

The biggest issue with Rashford has always been alternatives. Garnacho has sparked a but recently which is nice & gives an alternative out there but bar him it’s a joke. EtH banking on Antony has cost him.

Red_toad

Unbelievably shite this year
Would love to know why he can go entire years of looking lethargic and not motivated. Really want him to get back to the goal machine we saw for parts of last season, but he can’t even beat his man now and is a detriment to the team. Certainly not on him how the entire team is performing, as tactics and positional play and retention of the ball are just not up to par. But he’s a problem that needs solving.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Yeah, this is nothing new, unfortunately. He’s also had his best ever run of form under ETH. So this is one of our problems that definitely can’t be blamed on the manager (although many will try, obviously)

Steve 007

He was absolutely class last season. This season he just doesn’t care. I guess all players at least top players look back at the end of their career and take a look at their medals and their achievements. This season is now a washout already, when Rashford looks back you’ll see moments of class with moments like yesterday, the worst of yesterday was that he was clearly not trying but pretending too. I lost a lot of respect for him yesterday.

Ten Haag can’t do anything because some players have decided to get him the sack. How many more managers do we have to go through. One good season giving false hope followed by toys out the pram. Not close to good enough.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Missing Person report

Marcus Rashford last seen giving Gordon and Liveramento the freedom of St James' park!!

An utterly disgraceful performance from him. Over the years we have had players sulk, down tools, not put a shift in but that was next level last night. Whatever beef he has with the manager, whats going on in his personal life, the least you can do is have a bit of pride in your work whatever it is you do.

clarkydaz

Nobody is stupid enough to buy him, and the club under this ownership wont sell their poster boy.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
feck him. feck his arrogant lazy petulant self absorbed ego and piss poor performances. feck his pr machine. Bin him off with his useless twat mate sancho. fecking birds of a feather. And they can take that lazy wanker martial with them as well.

Salford_Red83

Absolutely ridiculous and delusional.

People like you are the reason why he's able just to wander round the pitch putting in zero effort, because you point at the manager and say "ahhhkchually it's his fault that grown man on £350k a week is sulking, even though he's done everything to accommodate this man child."

If ETH doesn't drop Rashford for the foreseeable future then he's getting the sack. It's that simple.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I really am starting to develop a healthy hatred for him. Equally as bad as Martial who I can not stand.

In fact I really can not remember having such a hatred for as many United players as I do now.
A bunch of wasters.

If Harry Maguire can maintain his professionalism after all the abuse thrown at him. Then so can the others.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
feck him. feck his arrogant lazy petulant self absorbed ego and piss poor performances. feck his pr machine. Bin him off with his useless twat mate sancho. fecking birds of a feather. And they can take that lazy wanker martial with them as well.
100% correct.

-Supreme-

People don’t realise is that he has always been playing like this defensively, even when he was scoring goals particularly under Ole when I remember posters were arguing if he was instructed not to track back and making an effort defensively

You see goals really cloud people judgement on players these days.

Josep Dowling

We wonder why we're falling miles behind the likes of Newcastle:

Rashford - 17 PL goals last season. New contract, Undroppable superstar status, £300k+ a week.

Harvey Barnes - 13 PL goals last season (less minutes) in a relegated side. Newcastle back up.
This, this and this. We treat too many players as superstars before they’re even achieved anything. Looks at Sancho. Bought at 21 having won nothing in his career. Made the highest paid player at the club on £350k a week. We are now in an impossible position to get rid when he’s fallen out with the manager. Who keeps making these bad decisions? You’re telling me that Sancho wouldn’t have accept £200k a week?

AndySmith1990

Absolutely. Those three are the worst thing about our team. Horrible, entitled, lazy arrogant overpaid pricks.

Then blutac a picture of the muppets onto the inner door of the CEO office, just as a reminder never to go handing out £300k contracts again unless you're certain you've got a genuine, proven world class talent at the club

Bosws87

Lads never had the ability to be at the top since day one, never had the finishing composure to be a top top striker and doesn’t have the work ethic to make up for it.

Should of been allowed to go a while back.

Acquire Me

Rashford must be dropped. He is one of the more visible problems in our team. We obviously got more issues, but I would start with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.