Film THE kILLER (Fassbender/Fincher)

Chairman Steve

I wasn’t sure for the longest time if this was a ‘Hollywood’ remake of John Woo’s The Killer (an incredible Hong Kong movie that if Hollywoodised could be just as amazing in the right hands) but it seems to be a different IP.

Either way it looks fun and will more than likely check it out.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think i read somewhere it got shown at some film festival and got a ten minute standing ovation.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Don't mind me. I always thought Fassbender was an extremely limited actor so a new movie of his doesn't really excite me as it does for some others.
... Have you actually never seen a film with him in it? Or confusing him with another actor, maybe Vin Diesel?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
... Have you actually never seen a film with him in it? Or confusing him with another actor, maybe Vin Diesel?
Definitely not confused. And yes I've seen plenty of his movies. He's a good actor when he's not in a leading role but he can't carry a movie IMHO. His range feels very limited. To be fair to him it probably doesn't help they threw him in so many movies in sequence for a while, but I know more people who even actively avoid watching things with him in it. Perhaps not fair to judge an actor on a bad movie - but Assassin's Creed was probably the nail in the coffin for a few years. He's best when he plays robotic / near emotionless characters IMHO. Anything deeper than that I find him to lose credibility.

Jev

Definitely not confused. And yes I've seen plenty of his movies. He's a good actor when he's not in a leading role but he can't carry a movie IMHO. His range feels very limited. To be fair to him it probably doesn't help they threw him in so many movies in sequence for a while, but I know more people who even actively avoid watching things with him in it. Perhaps not fair to judge an actor on a bad movie - but Assassin's Creed was probably the nail in the coffin for a few years. He's best when he plays robotic / near emotionless characters IMHO. Anything deeper than that I find him to lose credibility.
He can’t carry a movie? Take it you haven’t watched Hunger, Steve Jobs or Shame?

jeepers

Fell asleep whilst watching this on Netflix. To be fair, it was a nice day out (rainy/cool compared to the usual hot/humid) and I was feeling somewhat lethargic. Got my best sleep in weeks.

HookedOnAPhelan

It was fine. Brilliantly made, but far from Fincher's best work. Felt a bit pointless, which is surprising given it's been a passion project for Fincher for a long time.