Gaming The Last of Us Part III

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
What the feck have naughty dog been doing the last 4 years?
An online game that got cancelled but they also apparently have a new IP in the works. Considering the quality of their games it’s still a ways off

Reditus

I replayed TLOU 2 with the €10 upgrade over the last few days. I played new game plus and used all the cheats (infinite ammo, one shot kill etc..) and I somehow enjoyed it even more this time around. It’s an incredible video game (cheats took out the stress)

the first is one of my favourite ever and i played the 2nd when it first came out and although really appreciated it, for some reason never had a lasting for me. But now that I’ve played it from start to finish again I think it is right up there

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Still prefer the first one to the second but both games are brilliant.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I replayed TLOU 2 with the €10 upgrade over the last few days. I played new game plus and used all the cheats (infinite ammo, one shot kill etc..) and I somehow enjoyed it even more this time around. It’s an incredible video game (cheats took out the stress)

the first is one of my favourite ever and i played the 2nd when it first came out and although really appreciated it, for some reason never had a lasting for me. But now that I’ve played it from start to finish again I think it is right up there
I found the second to be so most emotionally draining. When I finished it I sat there for about ten minutes just taking it in. Such a journey and one of the greatest games I ever did play.

Reditus

I found the second to be so most emotionally draining. When I finished it I sat there for about ten minutes just taking it in. Such a journey and one of the greatest games I ever did play.
It’s the closest game I’ve ever played that felt to a really emotionally draining movie or TV show. And thats not to say it’s all story emotion and no gameplay. Because it’s also a superb video game too

Balljy

It'd have been nice to get an earlyish ND game for the PS5, but they've obviously wasted some time on the multiplayer game. Hopefully we get at least two or three titles this gen, for me they're pretty much the best at what they do and LOU2 is so well designed.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
This guy gets it.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The second game is amazing but I hate how the enemies you kill have names and call each other out when you kill them :lol: it’s such a mean game.

Reditus

I think I’m gonna watch that new documentary they have out today about the making of the game.

Balljy

The second game is amazing but I hate how the enemies you kill have names and call each other out when you kill them :lol: it’s such a mean game.
The facial expressions of both the enemy and Ellie / Abby too and the fact that they react to whichever part is injured. It's such a draining but brilliant game.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's apparently a great game for stress release :lol:

Currently replaying the 2nd on permadeath but I've used some of the accessibility aids

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Confirmed by Neil Druckmann, though has not said whether it’s a game or TV show.

I'm going to guess that he's talking about a game, Elvis. You know, considering that the second season of the TLOU TV show is not only yet to be released but it's still in production. You fecking dipshit. Love you really xx

Sylar

:lol:

Excellent news, the second game was great. I was late to the party but such a brilliant game and enjoyed the story. The second half especially which was a surprise given how I felt, and how it had me change my mind by the end

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm going to guess that he's talking about a game, Elvis. You know, considering that the second season of the TLOU TV show is not only yet to be released but it's still in production. You fecking dipshit. Love you really xx
Harsh but fair. Don't have it @esmufc07

Bobski

Problem with the second game is the pacing. Initially I didn't like their story choices, the obvious one of course, but I do now. The moment when you switch from Ellie to Abby was such a momentum killer though, basically like starting a new game, found it hard to get motivated to play it, but once I did the excellence continues.

Beyond everything else the game-play is fantastic, combat, stealth, movement, tremendously satisfying to play, easily the best of the Uncharted/TLOU games.

And yes, we need a continuation, unlike with the original I think the second game needs a sequel.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I want a Last of Us game that covers the flash forward 20 years from the first game. How off the rails Joel went and the slow decent of human society. Joel probably had to do some real sick and twisted things to survive.

Sylar

They need to have Tommy die in the first scene of game three

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Problem with the second game is the pacing. Initially I didn't like their story choices, the obvious one of course, but I do now. The moment when you switch from Ellie to Abby was such a momentum killer though, basically like starting a new game, found it hard to get motivated to play it, but once I did the excellence continues.
Agreed on this. I stopped playing soon after the switch because it killed the momentum I had. Took me a year to pick it up again. The second half had better game play but I didn't warm to Abby at all.

Still a great game though

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Agreed on this. I stopped playing soon after the switch because it killed the momentum I had. Took me a year to pick it up again. The second half had better game play but I didn't warm to Abby at all.

Still a great game though
Games manage momentum all the time - with peaks and troughs in the intensity of the playthrough due to their length. I get that it was a bit jarring but a good choice nonetheless for me given the overall theme of the game. Had they switched too often it would have been worse.

My only issue with the game was the last hour or two of the narrative was a bit clumsy. Otherwise it was such a great experience and the gameplay loop was just phenomenal. Been really hoping for a third so hope this is true.

It’s funny. The first game is obviously a classic but being someone who values gameplay I never really needed a sequel as it’s moment to moment gameplay like the Uncharted games, was merely good and nothing more. With TLOU2 despite the narrative not being as flawless ( but more ambitious), they nailed the gameplay in a way I didn’t see coming from Naughty Dog.

RedDevilRoshi

Confirmed by Neil Druckmann, though has not said whether it’s a game or TV show.

It’s the game.

2nd season of the tv show hasn’t even started production yet and all we know about it, is that it’s going to be split in two season for the 2nd game rather than have it all crammed into the one season.