The leaks against the manager 2023 edition

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Beginning of the end for ETH. I'll be surprised if he sees out the season
if the club get rid of ETH it would be insanity. The manager need to be backed (which i think they will do this time) and any players who are causing problems need to be run out of the club asap, no matter what their 'book value' to the parasitic glazers is. Its a case now i think of letting ETH get on with the job, even if it continues to be a crappy season. Arteta took a long time to get going at Arsenal, even after winning the cup in his first season and it was really only after the 'bad eggs' were totally expunged (which took a long time) did they start to look like a top team again.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Ed Woodward messed our club Culture up.
Moyes - leaks, got fired
LVG - leaks, he sold half the squad and worked with the kids. Media got pissed off and engineered the campaign second season.
Jose - leaks, got fired
Ole - leaks, got fired
ETH - leaks and people are ignoring the enablers.

Journalists that think their influence at United is greater than it is.
They are banking on the fans to fall for it again and lend them support.

We are all sick and tired of this new United. Fans just want our football back and who ever gets pissed off on this journey we care less. This is not a day care or psychiatric home.

redIndianDevil

I thought introducing the wage cap last season was a step in the right direction. Too many players coming here for the money then losing all drive once they're set for life.

Only a few months later, we make a complete fool of ourselves once again and smash the wage cap for Rashford.

That can't be good for dressing room morale and we've been disjointed on the pitch since.
This club's an absolute embarrassment
This is what I don't understand. Nobody in Europe is going to pay Rashford as much. It's baffling that we seem to offer these silly wages to players. Not even serial title winners and moneybags club offer that much money. Besides who was going to sign Rashford anyways? The rumours about him being wanted by Barcelona, PSG are all laughable. There is no fecking way he is leaving England.

hobbers

Likes of Sancho, Rashford and co are calling it very badly if they think any fan is going to side with them at this stage of the shitshow.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
This whole subject just seems to be another medium for people on here to grind their axes against their personal hate figures within the team. The fact is that tabloid gossip shouldn’t really affect the team, because, like you say, it’s just a part of modern sport. I honestly don’t care if a player is leaking dressing room stuff to a journalist. I don’t read tabloid gossip anyway.
This guy gets it.

hobbers

I honestly don’t care if a player is leaking dressing room stuff to a journalist.
You obviously should care though, if you care about the club and the team.

A player doesnt leak to journos unless it's to damage someone in the club, undermine authority or generally further their own ends.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
So it's pitchfork season again... does anybody have one to spare?

Truth or not, this is the reason why you don't want your squad to be too big and containing a bunch of disgruntled players. You end up actually paying (and a considerable amount) to have this circus following your club.

United's transfer periods are not adressing this issue effectively.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
So he'll get hounded out of the club?

And then in two years, another coach will get ran out and undermined constantly?

The club is toxic. We'll be the lucky ones if Erik stays.

fezzerUTD

I have these visions f I was the new owner of the club sitting there in front of a large audience of journalists.
I would start by saying thanks for having me today to discuss what I see going forward.
Firstly a major review of staff is under way, where we can cut back, where we can add, we we can amalgamate.
Players, manager, coaches, support staff, inhouse media, right down to the cleaners are all under review.

Next I’ll be saying at the top of my lungs this is Manchester United!! We have very very high standards, you don’t like it there is the bloody door. You buy into my vision or you go, there’s your pay off now off you go, no thanks no nothing, just point to the door. The previous regime let standards majorly slip, robbed it of money, power, influence and respect and under me that will never happen again.

Fans pay good hard earned money after a long week at work to see the world class footballers who would spill blood for their club entertain them. Under me I’m bringing Manchester United back to the top. You have a decision to make. Gauntlet thrown down! You’re either with me or against. Man City, Liverpool, RM, Barca, we are coming for you again, watch this space and I get up and walk out.
Ah dreams are so much fun :D
I’d also take a bottle of piss in with me and leave it on the table, and say, any you cnuts write bs about the club this is going over your head.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

So it's pitchfork season again... does anybody have one to spare?

Truth or not, this is the reason why you don't want your squad to be too big and containing a bunch of disgruntled players. You end up actually paying (and a considerable amount) to have this circus following your club.

United's transfer periods are not adressing this issue effectively.
Absolutely. It doesn't even have to be personal between the player and the manager. The environment put in place should help the dressing room become more bulletproff instead of allowing such situations to fester all the time.

Teja

“When the seagulls follow the trawler, it’s because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.”

Speako

Still 1000% behind ETH. If he loses this battle, we might as well turn the lights out.

The common denominators are clear as day. And Erik will know them.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It may not be a player doing it directly. It could easily be a player's partner if he goes home and talks to her about how things are going at work, or another family member or a friend. Hell, the partner might then tell another friend/family member, and they are the one who then go to the journalists. Or it could be a staff member doing the same. There's a lot of people who are directly in the know, and if those people then tell one person each then the suspect list is growing quite large.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
'Based on' is a bit of a pointless comment given that the whole idea with a leak is that it can't be directly attributed to someone. That being said, it's not hard to imagine Maguire feeling aggrieved/entitled. He's lost his starting spot and the captaincy (rightfully so, but that's a different story) and has members of the media blowing smoke up his ass, man-cretins like Agbonlahor being a prime example. Given his past actions/comments (cupping his ears, not feeling he has anything to prove, etc.) coupled with the current narrative doing the rounds that he's a scapegoat for club and country, it's again not hard to imagine him feeling emboldened to chat off the record with certain trusted press members.
He hasn't shown anything other than professionalism so far, he has consistently stated he wants to work hard to get back in the team and hasn't shown any bad feelings to the manager,

So not really sure why people would automatically assume it's Maguire, well actually I am sure why.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Would anyone be surprised if we found out Rash was one of the players moaning?
I bet it’s crossed some minds… he’s probably the only one or one of the only ones that’s been there under every single manager that’s been and gone and guess what… the leaks are still coming. Coincidence?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Likes of Sancho, Rashford and co are calling it very badly if they think any fan is going to side with them at this stage of the shitshow.
Even by Jose I was over it. I’ve absolutely no emotional attachment to any of these players. If they’ll do it to one manager (who has won far far more than any of them even if he wasn’t a good guy or the best coach anymore) then they’ll do it to another. I just want these kinds of players to leave and let us get hard workers who’ll muck in and have it out without shitting the bed and running to the press. Even if Ralf wanted to sell them all I’d have been on board. The club is rotten and that includes the players who the owners have given almost total control to over the years simply by not giving enough of a shit

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Keep an eye out for the players Luckhurst doesn't criticise in the next few weeks. Then you'll be able to figure out whose 'camp' fed this to the MEN.
I am pretty certain that leaks are Mct and Harry. Because domestic players always and everywhere have closer relationship with domestic journos.

If these stories were from foreign press (Romano, Di Marzio) then we could presume that it is agent of some foreign players. But this is 100% one of home boys.

RedDevil@84

So what is the solution? Go full Rangnick and want a new squad.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Ten Hag can burn it all down and all their careers with it at this point. Players have been indulged for far too long.

Morpheus 7

I'm so sick of this culture at United, ETH needs to get rid of all these soft losers. Rinse and repeat, fans don't buy it's the manager anymore. It's the mentality instilled by years of toxic player power and awful leadership, from the top down. Deja fecking vu, we have been down this road and cycle before. If you'se don't like it go, stop crying and leaking. The snakes at the top are all for self preservation, never put the club first. Just sell off Glazers, you can't afford a bag skips and everyone knows it.

fallengt

Beginning of the end for ETH. I'll be surprised if he sees out the season
No, it's not. Stop reading these fake news and made up your mind around rumors
ETH benched Ronaldo. These rats think they will have better chance? These incompetent people leaks rumor, and are shifting the blame on manager so they can stay at this club for as possible and leech it dry. Don't fall for this

I've never seen someone got disciplined undeservedly by ETH. Club should back ETH 100% on this.

Last edited:

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
if the club get rid of ETH it would be insanity. The manager need to be backed (which i think they will do this time) and any players who are causing problems need to be run out of the club asap, no matter what their 'book value' to the parasitic glazers is. Its a case now i think of letting ETH get on with the job, even if it continues to be a crappy season. Arteta took a long time to get going at Arsenal, even after winning the cup in his first season and it was really only after the 'bad eggs' were totally expunged (which took a long time) did they start to look like a top team again.
Arteta got a lot of (quite unfair) stick especially from non Arsenal fans, but it did look from the beginning that he’d been given the green light for a real root and branch transformation of the club. Unless you have virtually unlimited money then there’s simply no way of doing that quickly, and it’s natural that you have to deal with the outgoing players before you can focus on the incoming ones. The question, to me, is whether ten Hag has been given the same freedom to overturn the squad that Arteta got. I’m not sure he’s quite got that licence, and that’s the only thing that may hold him back. I also feel like Arsenal let quite a few players go for either nothing, or for quite low fees, and it takes boardroom approval to write off those assets. I wonder at what point the Utd ownership would agree to something like that.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Said this at the time but ETH made a rod for his own back singling out Sancho after losing a game Sancho didn't even play in and in which he brought on Evans.

It telling the whole squad you have double standards. These sort of stories and leaks were completely inevitable as soon as that happened.

Although I also dont think it's as terminal as some are suggesting because most of the moaning will be from the players who think they're being unfairly treated, which will you'd assume be the ones who don't get picked.

He played Pellistri away to Bayern because he already recognised himself that he needs someone to do the same tactical job as Antony, so that's a bit of a dead point. Players who can't be bothered to do a tactical job shouldn't be playing anyway. How many of City's starting 11 aren't following tactical instructions?

So players who are constantly playing crap are getting tired of being told they are playing crap and some players don't think they should carry out tactical instructions - poor little babies.

Joking apart, the one about tactical roles without Antony can only be McT and the role he was asked to do against Brighton? I can't think of anyone else over the two games that could have that view. Has he given himself away as the leak? He should feel lucky he is even in the squad.
Even if it was Mctominay who had a moan about it, that doesn't necessarily mean it's him leaking it to the press. He could have said something while frustrated that was overheard or part of a discussion with other players etc.

RVN1991

Maguire, Sancho, Mctominay. Possibly Rashford. Possibly Shaw.
I'd take Rashford off that list, clearly one of his favorites, maybe replace Shaw for Martial as well? Although I've always suspected Shaw of being one of the constant leakers.

whitbyviking

We currently have to use Edge as our Browser at work, so I get to see the delightful Bing every time I open it up. The number of stories about disharmony at United is absolutely mental on there at the minute, each one more ludicrous than the previous. I've never known anything like it

Judas

Open to offers
I don’t want to believe he’s doomed, but I’d be lying if I said I wasnt deeply concerned that the seeds are already being planted for his demise and it sickens me. I’m sick of so many of these players, because let’s face it even the good ones can’t be trusted. It’s a rotten group and a rotten club.

Bobski

Amusing that some are already pointing at Maguire and McT. What an amazing coincidence, the 2 most hated players by fans, may as well blame them when the toilets get blocked at OT as well.

Nogho

In Erik we trust! I rather keep him and play the reserves in the Championship then keep the spoiled players in our squad.

So unbelievable tired of getting new managers all the time. Finally we have a good sound person with demands and character.

To be honest tough, who says that Erik not just one day leave the key to Carrington in the leaches office and walk out.

hobbers

Is it? Who do those 3 talk to? Where have you picked up this common knowledge?

Genuine question by the way, as I had no idea that those 3 are commonly known as the leaks.
I cant remember who talks to who exactly but they all have entourages briefing things for them when things aren't going well.

Rashford had stories put out about fake interest from Barcelona and Liverpool while he was playing utter dogshit, trying to force through the new contract that he's now unfortunately been given. Pretty sure he's been leaking things to protect his own position through the Mourinho, Ole and Rangnick periods.

Sancho was briefing to the media about scapegoating while at Dortmund, fast forward a couple of years he's briefing the same thing again. Maguires family are always keen to put his side out to their friendly English journos.

So ubiquitous among England squad players you'd wonder if they're instructed to behave like that.

Also suspicions about Shaw because of the number of times hes got into public spats with his managers.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Oh look our players went back to being cnuts already. Sell whoever has 0 resiliance and does not act right

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Arteta got a lot of (quite unfair) stick especially from non Arsenal fans, but it did look from the beginning that he’d been given the green light for a real root and branch transformation of the club. Unless you have virtually unlimited money then there’s simply no way of doing that quickly, and it’s natural that you have to deal with the outgoing players before you can focus on the incoming ones. The question, to me, is whether ten Hag has been given the same freedom to overturn the squad that Arteta got. I’m not sure he’s quite got that licence, and that’s the only thing that may hold him back. I also feel like Arsenal let quite a few players go for either nothing, or for quite low fees, and it takes boardroom approval to write off those assets. I wonder at what point the Utd ownership would agree to something like that.
This is actually the ideal time for the club to show some backbone and stick with Erik's process. Arteta is a good case study actually on turning around a toxic club and yes i agree its all about patience in backing the manager from above and disposing of bad elements despite their 'asset value'. I am staying positive that Arnold, Murtough and the lads should have also enough intelligence to notice this and see it though this time. But of course Joel Glazer is the possible spanner in the works here as he has been known to overrule decisions on getting rid of players before (Martial).

BTW, good to see McKenna doing well at Ipswich, a penny for his thoughts on this Utd situation.