The "leaks" (last seen 2016) are back! re: Kevin Palmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Possibly... but I don't know....

I will say, I think Ed is in a bind, as he gave him that extension earlier in the year. His judgment will also be called into question if say Jose implodes halfway through next season.
Maybe coincidental, the League though a long-shot was still doable and we were in a rich vein of form and it looked as though we might have a another successful season, but within weeks of the contract extension(strange timing) the wheels started coming off, Spurs, Newcastle and Sevilla(home and away)were probably four of the worst performances of the season....

I'm sure the Glazers noted that, not saying they won't back Ed's judgment, but if as you say Mourinho does what Mourinho does best Ed might find his own position under threat.

Kag

You can't just say that if they played at City they'd be just as good as their best players. It's a ridiculous argument designed as another stick to beat Jose with, and is completely without proof.

But if we get all positions covered this summer and it's just as shit next year, then I'm on board. But right now I can't bring myself to look past the squad of players we have. Too many weak links.
Of course I can. I'm right, too. I'm not explaining what I did earlier in any more depth, but top players being something of a muchness, form in correlation with the effectiveness of the 'team' they play in, is very much true.

We won't simply take somebody like Mo Salah and watch him score 32 league goals in this United team. We don't merely take De Bruyne from City and watch him dictate each game on a string. Not happening.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What deadwood?

You mentioned Young, Valencia, Lingard and Jones to me earlier, who are all regulars.

Mourinho has made Valencia captain. He has actively sought to remodel Young into his first choice left back - claiming as recently as last week that he wants him to play 50 games next season. He plays Jones whenever he's fit and he renewed Lingard's contract as recently as least season.

Where is the rest of the deadwood in our first team? Because you move on to say that "it's not on him". Well, it clearly bloody is, isn't it?
Did he sign any this dross?

Young and Valencia need replacing and he’ll replace them you can bet your socks but they have been brilliant this season given where they are in their careers.
Mata is deadwood
Lingard I don’t rate as a starter
Jones not enamoured but good squad player
Herrera decent squad player
Blind deadwood
Darmain deadwood
Shaw deadwood
Rojo deadwood

Does this make it any clearer? It’s clear as day. 8 players not good enough to be regular starters.

el3mel

I agree on the point that Mourinho is responsible for still having the likes of Valencia, Young, Jones and Lingard starting. He already had 2 summers and it didn't seem like he pressed on getting any new fullbacks to replace them. It's at him at this point. If he yet again goes on in next summer without replacing these kind of players with better and more consistent ones, he'll be responsible for any failure happening. That would be his 3rd summer so if he didn't get ruthless now, when would he ?

Bojan11

Wrong. He let 3 go on frees and lost Kolarov against his will
But was still backed to replace all of them

It did a lot of good. It got us to 2nd place from 6th and a runners up place in the fa cup.

Which would not gave strengthened us at all. But here are the likes of you telling us Pep this and Pep that, yet he pretty much can let go, buy and sell who ever he wants without ANY restrictions.
Of course Pep was going to sign fullbacks. Three fullbacks left, what do you think he’d do? Sign none.

Bravo was a stinker. They signed Nolito for £14m, so not like it was a big money.

The important thing is Pep identifies the teams weakness. The wide areas. They signed Sane, Walker and Mendy. Our wide areas have been piss poor for years yet Mourinho didn’t address that. What was the point of Lindelof? Wasn’t that money better used on a fullback? The guy barely plays.

You do realise Mourinho has to sell players this summer also?

Lawman

Of course I can. I'm right, too. I'm not explaining what I did earlier in any more depth, but top players being something of a muchness, form in correlation with the effectiveness of the 'team' they play in, is very much true.

We won't simply take somebody like Mo Salah and watch him score 32 league goals in this United team. We don't merely take De Bruyne from City and watch him dictate each game on a string. Not happening.
Although Football is not just about attacking our fullbacks are a joke going forward. How will we not improve instantly by getting two new ones in? That will improve us ten fold both going forward and hopefully defending. Plus this will improve also our midfield from their movement alone and our inside forwards. Plus Getting a right attacker (Mahrez/Bale/Draxler) and replacing Nata won’t improve us? Upgrading in Lingard won’t improve us?
Upgrade the players and watch results come like City this year compared to last.

Kag

Did he sign any this dross?

Young and Valencia need replacing and he’ll replace them you can bet your socks but they have been brilliant this season given where they are in their careers.
Mata is deadwood
Lingard I don’t rate as a starter
Jones not enamoured but good squad player
Herrera decent squad player
Blind deadwood
Darmain deadwood
Shaw deadwood
Rojo deadwood

Does this make it any clearer? It’s clear as day. 8 players not good enough to be regular starters.
:lol: Give owa. He plays that "dross" every week at the expense of some of his new signings. He actively chose not to buy full backs last summer when every man and his dog knew that it needed seeing to. It doesn't matter whether or not he signed them. He has given contracts to Lingard and Rojo, plays Jones every chance he gets and plays Young and Valencia out of choice.

I'll ask you again, who is the deadwood in the current first eleven that Mourinho is not responsible for?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It's not football manager. He only identifies targets and the money men do the deals. He's explained this numerous times in the past.

In assigning targets, he most likely thought that Young and Valencia would do a job at full back, or Shaw would get his shit together, whilst he overhauled a terrible attack and midfield. We all agreed at the time that they were our weaknesses! You can't move the goalposts now.
A lot of people including me bemoaned our fullback situation both last summer and the previous one. Of course it’s not football manager but those positions see so much of the ball in Jose’s system, did he not think it wise to strengthen there? How many times do we see Valencia receive the ball only to do absolutely nothing with it?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Yeah of course there's a correlation. But you're taking so many leaps to get to the point where some of our players would be just as good as City's if they were at City. Based on what? When have any of our players ever proven themselves in the PL to the point where you can say they'd be as good as De Bruyne? There's only Pogba with the capability but at the moment he's too inconsistent and even he said he wants to get to the same level. Even he knows he's not as good yet.

pocco

loco
A lot of people including me bemoaned our fullback situation both last summer and the previous one. Of course it’s not football manager but those positions see so much of the ball in Jose’s system, did he not think it wise to strengthen there? How many times do we see Valencia receive the ball only to do absolutely nothing with it?
He wanted Perisic as a LWB.

pocco

loco
:lol: Give owa. He plays that "dross" every week at the expense of some of his new signings. He actively chose not to buy full backs last summer when every man and his dog knew that it needed seeing to. It doesn't matter whether or not he signed them. He has given contracts to Lingard and Rojo, plays Jones every chance he gets and plays Young and Valencia out of choice.

I'll ask you again, who is the deadwood in the current first eleven that Mourinho is not responsible for?
They all are. But unfortunately Jose can't just weild the axe to about 10 players at once and hope to ever replace them in one summer. Hence he's doing it bit by bit. And if any of the current links are to be believed, it seems it is absolutely these players that he is looking to replace. What a coincidence.

And see above re fullbacks last summer. He tried.

Mainoldo

I’m with you. He brought two centre backs. One’s on the bench picking his nose and the other one at home picking his nose. Our two centre midfielders are his choices and two attackers in Lukaku and Sanchez. Does the whole first 11 needs to be his players. I don’t remember the Chelsea title winning team being all his players.

Mainoldo

They all are. But unfortunately Jose can't just weild the axe to about 10 players at once and hope to ever replace them in one summer. Hence he's doing it bit by bit. And if any of the current links are to be believed, it seems it is absolutely these players that he is looking to replace. What a coincidence.

And see above re fullbacks last summer. He tried.
He changed Chelsea in two seasons but I can’t remember him getting 10 new players, correct me if I’m wrong.

pocco

loco
I’m with you. He brought two centre backs. One’s on the bench picking his nose and the other one at home picking his nose. Our two centre midfielders are his choices and two attackers in Lukaku and Sanchez. Does the whole first 11 needs to be his players. I don’t remember the Chelsea title winning team being all his players.
No, just good enough. Hence why he didn't have an issue keeping another managers players at Chelsea, because they were good enough.

pocco

loco
But that Chelsea team was as bad as ours.
Maybe. So what does that prove? That this City team is maybe just outrageously good? That Jose can get a tune out of poor teams? Or maybe they were only as bad in your opinion, but not in reality. Maybe our players have as much talent, but it's that grey area of attitude and desire which brings us up short. Who knows?

What I do know if the quality in our squad is poor compared to what we've had during our successful periods.

Bojan11

But that Chelsea team was as bad as ours.
To be fair that Chelsea team signed Robben and Cech just before he arrived. They had Terry, Gallas, Makelele, Duff and Lampard. That team is miles better than ours. Just Ranieri was doing a poor job.

Mainoldo

Maybe. So what does that prove? That this City team is maybe just outrageously good? That Jose can get a tune out of poor teams? Or maybe they were only as bad in your opinion, but not in reality. Maybe our players have as much talent, but it's that grey area of attitude and desire which brings us up short. Who knows?

What I do know if the quality in our squad is poor compared to what we've had during our successful periods.
What you say is true but for me as far as I’m concerned we’ve spent a lot of money on talents SAF never had the funds to buy in his last years and this team is one of the best we’ve had in 7 years in terms of depth and overall ability.. yet I’ve been led to believe they are not good enough in quality because of our failure in a final but some how we are good enough to finish a whole season above Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal. Can’t be that bad then really. This team bar Hazard and Costa is better than the team that won Mourinho the title, what we seem to lack is an ability to play as a team and for me that falls with the manager.

Mainoldo

To be fair that Chelsea team signed Robben and Cech just before he arrived. They had Terry, Gallas, Makelele, Duff and Lampard. That team is miles better than ours. Just Ranieri was doing a poor job.
I meant his last team that had Hazard, Mata etc.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Of course Pep was going to sign fullbacks. Three fullbacks left, what do you think he’d do? Sign none.
Not the point. Pep can comfortably sell, let go and recruit as MANY players as he likes at City without having to sale to strengthen. Mourinho does NOT have that luxury with United
Bravo was a stinker. They signed Nolito for £14m, so not like it was a big money.
Still not the point. Show me a stinker Mourinho has been allowed to recruit, freeze out and sale all in the space of two summers with zero consequence to his recruiting power?

The important thing is Pep identifies the teams weakness. The wide areas. They signed Sane, Walker and Mendy.
Talk of re writing history. It took Pep 3 windows of UNRESTRICTED recruiting strategy to eliminate all the problems City had. The results only came to fruition this season. Mourinho in comparison has not had any such luxury. Yet instead of being able to build on his first season of recruitment, when he bought Pogba, Zlatan for nada and Bailly. He was immediately told he'd have to weaken himself to add replacing injured Zlatan and a Carrick replacement by selling members of his existing squad. A squad that had already lost Schnederlin, Depay and Schweinstieger between January and the season's end. A huge paet of the reason that with Europa league added to domestic duty, he finished 6th in the EPL. Meaning even that didn't "raise money' in the boards eyes to back the extra needed spending. He had to wait till January 2018 to recruit again and only fool would have weakened the squad numbers wise by selling to buy after how being short on numbers had left him in 6th place.

Our wide areas have been piss poor for years yet Mourinho didn’t address that.
Yes. But He was supposed to address it using what funds? and by culling how many to get those funds?

What was the point of Lindelof? Wasn’t that money better used on a fullback? The guy barely plays.
At the time he was bought the world and his dog knew center defence was the one department we had at the back in dire need of recruitment. People just want to cheat and use hindsight now to claim otherwise. If Shaw for example had been able to have the kind of season most projected at the time this conversation wouldn't have come to be regardless of how often a Lindeloff could have got to play.

You do realise Mourinho has to sell players this summer also?
Of course. However Id like the board to properly back him in the market too like City does Pep. I don't want him selling like say Jones, Darmian, Shaw, Blind, Smalling letting Zlatan and Fellaini go on a free and then being told after recruiting only 2 new fullbacks and a CM that he "has to sell to add'. For that's EXACTLY what happened last summer.

I not even Mourinho's biggest supporter. But I simply refuse to judge him by what Pep is able to do at City when he does not have similar financial backing from his board to truly mould the squad into one in his true image as a manager. In fact for me his making very good progress with in the severe restrictions he has been forced to operate in

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Remember at Chelsea at the time he had incredible funds and was able to buy whoever he wanted pretty much. But different to now.
Wrong squad and he brought 4 players. Diego Costa, Fabregas, Matic, Willian.

Bojan11

Not the point. Pep can comfortably sell, let go and recruit as MANY players as he likes at City without having to sale to strengthen. Mourinho does NOT have that luxury with United
Still not the point. Show me a stinker Mourinho has been allowed to recruit, freeze out and sale all in the space of two summers with zero consequence to his recruiting power?

Talk of re writing history. It took Pep 3 windows of UNRESTRICTED recruiting strategy to eliminate all the problems City had. The results only came to fruition this season. Mourinho in comparison has not had any such luxury. Yet instead of being able to build on his first season of recruitment, when he bought Pogba, Zlatan for nada and Bailly. He was immediately told he'd have to weaken himself to add replacing injured Zlatan and a Carrick replacement by selling members of his existing squad. A squad that had already lost Schnederlin, Depay and Schweinstieger between January and the season's end. A huge paet of the reason that with Europa league added to domestic duty, he finished 6th in the EPL. Meaning even that didn't "raise money' in the boards eyes to back the extra needed spending. He had to wait till January 2018 to recruit again and only fool would have weakened the squad numbers wise by selling to buy after how being short on numbers had left him in 6th place.

Yes. But He was supposed to address it using what funds? and by culling how many to get those funds?

At the time he was bought the world and his dog knew center defence was the one department we had at the back in dire need of recruitment. People just want to cheat and use hindsight now to claim otherwise. If Shaw for example had been able to have the kind of season most projected at the time this conversation wouldn't have come to be regardless of how often a Lindeloff could have got to play.

Of course. However Id like the board to properly back him in the market too like City does Pep. I don't want him selling like say Jones, Darmian, Shaw, Blind, Smalling letting Zlatan and Fellaini go on a free and then being told after recruiting only 2 new fullbacks and a CM that he "has to sell to add'. For that's EXACTLY what happened last summer.

I not even Mourinho's biggest supporter. But I simply refuse to judge him by what Pep is able to do at City when he does not have similar financial backing from his board to truly mould the squad into one in his true image as a manager. In fact for me his making very good progress with in the severe restrictions he has been forced to operate in
Severe restrictions?

What are you even going on about? He’s spent over £300m. Are you seriously blaming the board for not backing him? He’s spent over £300m ffs and you are saying he is severely restricted. He clearly hadn’t used that money wisely because we still play like a bunch of strangers. The two CBs he bought can’t even get a game ahead of Smalling and Jones.

It’s not all about money you know. Did you see Fergie moan when Jose and Chelsea came in and started splashing the money? No he found good players for good prices. Identified players like Rooney, Ronaldo, Evra, Carrick and Vidic who all became club legends.

If Jose wants unlimited budget then he should have pissed off to PSG because only them and Man City do that in Europe. Even top clubs like Bayern, Barca and Madrid have budgets because you know they are businesses not a plaything.

He spends over £300m and gets us playing like a glorified Stoke yet you say he is severely restricted. Give that budget to Potch or Klopp and they would be challenging. It’s not just about transfers. The difference is that the likes of Klopp, Pep, and Potch have improved the majority of the players who were at the club when they joined. Mourinho hasn’t done that and every signing he makes seems to get worse.

I was a big Jose fan too. But this season he’s been a disappointment. It’s not about finishing second. It’s the manner of how we play. Him picking fights with everyone and then saying silly stuff like blaming transfer spent after drawing at home to Burnley.

sam147

Wait. Rumours of a breakdown between Mourinho and the players? But.... this is impossible!!!
This season he has managed to find martial and shaw to scapegoat. Even Pogba at times. Players will only take them being scapegoated so many times. If we dont do well next season-He throws Pogba or other signings under the bus there has to come a point the board backs its investments over a short term manager. Hope Woodwards learnt from his mistakes and is already eyeing replacements.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can't wait there's an 11 page thread over a tweet of someone who's been of the Caf twitter blacklist.

Lawman

This is like the kid who keeps asking “are we there yet” I’ve answered the question your coming out with daft stuff to justify they are his players. I’m sure Jose didn’t want to play young or Valencia at full back but unlike Pep he has a budget to manage. It’s how life works unless you are uber wealthy. Jose is addressing the areas in our starting 11. If you are unwilling or unable to see this due to your hatred for our manager then fine buddy but it’s looking pretty clear to me Kag.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Severe restrictions?

What are you even going on about? He’s spent over £300m
This is literally a reharsh of the same nonsense people with an agenda against LVG used to say.

In his first season he signed only Bailly and Pogba. Getting Zlatan on a free.

By the end if his first season Schneiderlin , Schweinstieger and Deepay had been sold.

Then the following summer Rooney left and Zlatan didnt sign an extension till like dec.

Yet in spite of having let go 5 players he was only allowed to recruit 3 in the summer and had to wait till January to add a 4th

Just looking at the fees spent plain BLINDS you to that reality. So yes. I am blaming the board.

. He clearly hadn’t used that money wisely because we still play like a bunch of strangers.
If that obvious nonsense was true United wouldn't have finished second on the table. No team playing like strangers ever would. You can accuse our team of being boring, and cagey in attack but never of playing like strangers .
The two CBs he bought can’t even get a game ahead of Smalling and Jones.
More nonsense. Apart from the back end of this season a fit Bailly gas always played ahead of those.
It’s not all about money you know. Did you see Fergie moan when Jose and Chelsea came in and started splashing the money?
Fergie by then had been in the job over 20 years and had built a foundation that could function without spending .

Furthermore anyone claiming Fergie never needed to spend to get United to the levwl he eventually left us is a liar. Between 1986 and his first trophy in 1989 he spent plenty.

No he found good players for good prices. Identified players like Rooney, Ronaldo, Evra, Carrick and Vidic who all became club legends.
Players in the current market who would all cost 4 times what they cost us then. Go figure.

Its simple, you cant expect Manchester City results when you dont spend in the unrestricted fashion they do. You have to accept slow, incremental change. That is what moving from 6 and winning the Europa, to finishing second, and being runners up in the fa cup final is.

emdee04

Severe restrictions?

What are you even going on about? He’s spent over £300m. Are you seriously blaming the board for not backing him? He’s spent over £300m ffs and you are saying he is severely restricted. He clearly hadn’t used that money wisely because we still play like a bunch of strangers. The two CBs he bought can’t even get a game ahead of Smalling and Jones.

It’s not all about money you know. Did you see Fergie moan when Jose and Chelsea came in and started splashing the money? No he found good players for good prices. Identified players like Rooney, Ronaldo, Evra, Carrick and Vidic who all became club legends.

If Jose wants unlimited budget then he should have pissed off to PSG because only them and Man City do that in Europe. Even top clubs like Bayern, Barca and Madrid have budgets because you know they are businesses not a plaything.

He spends over £300m and gets us playing like a glorified Stoke yet you say he is severely restricted. Give that budget to Potch or Klopp and they would be challenging. It’s not just about transfers. The difference is that the likes of Klopp, Pep, and Potch have improved the majority of the players who were at the club when they joined. Mourinho hasn’t done that and every signing he makes seems to get worse.

I was a big Jose fan too. But this season he’s been a disappointment. It’s not about finishing second. It’s the manner of how we play. Him picking fights with everyone and then saying silly stuff like blaming transfer spent after drawing at home to Burnley.
Like button please

mu4c_20le

This is literally a reharsh of the same nonsense people with an agenda against LVG used to say.

In his first season he signed only Bailly and Pogba. Getting Zlatan on a free.

By the end if his first season Schneiderlin , Schweinstieger and Deepay had been sold.

Then the following summer Rooney left and Zlatan didnt sign an extension till like dec.

Yet in spite of having let go 5 players he was only allowed to recruit 3 in the summer and had to wait till January to add a 4th

Just looking at the fees spent plain BLINDS you to that reality. So yes. I am blaming the board.
Mhkitaryan?

Marcky411

Not surprised. If the fans are fed up with the miserable football on display why would the players be happy with it?
That I can believe especially for attacking players who get told their first priority is to defend and show your opposition all the respect in the world even if they are relegation fodder. If not you don't play....

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Where's the picture of the "unhappy camp" that this goober promised?

A picture of privileged, spoiled millionaires grimacing is exactly what I need to keep me in touch with reality. Time to deliver, Palmer.

Marcky411

Severe restrictions?

I fully agree with everything you are saying here, spot on.
I read so often how Pep has a blank chequebook and can go out all the time and just buy what he wants, that might be true but his purchases have been more sensible, he recognises the team's weaknesses and strengthens it. He didn't go out and spend a world record fee on a Pogba, or 75 mil plus add-ons for a Lukaku or went all out no matter what to get a degrading Sanchez. Jose seems to mainly be focused on defensive players, two years later and a third summer transfer window and we are again connected to CD. At the same time wanting to get rid of young talent for players on their last legs, go figure. If it is true that the players or some players are turning against him it won't surprise me as he seems to alienate himself from the team wherever he goes.

klsv

Really don't get people, it's as if some are actually cheering for the "leaks" to cause a meltdown. We're not going to sack Jose after he delivered the best league finish post-SAF, despite how shit you think our football was. Another thing is rambling about the certainty of the The Mou's Great Third Season's Breakdown as if the possiblity of that is a reason to sack him now. Then you have the "But Mommy, He Spent 300 Millions Already" squad. Look the feck around, the market has changed, this is the new normal and this won't guarantee you success. Everton got Sigurdsson for over 44 millions, Bournemouth bought Ake for 20, Leicester got Iheanacho for 25, same with Sakho to Palace. What are you expecting us to spend then? These are all the sums that got payed for top players not too long ago. Arsenal spent 50 in the Summer, wouldn't really trade places with them. I'd understand wanting Mourinho to leave if we'd be eager to assign world class manager but Jose is holding us in ransom, or if there'd be a young genius on the horizon we'd replace Jose with, but all you can come up with is Pochettino, let the man win a League Cup first ffs. Now calm down, enjoy the coming World Cup, the transfer window and let's see how it goes next season, because the only sack you'll see this summer is the one hanging out from your pants.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
CLOSING THIS THREAD.

The person on whose tweet this whole thread has been based is a known bullshitter and there's a reason why he was put in the twitter blacklist.

There's been no news of discontent either apart from his tweet. I'll reopen it when there's a better source confirming. This has turned into another Mourinho complain thread, thousand of threads are serving the same process. Use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.