The left-back market…

Remember the geese

He looks good but the million dollar question is if he could make the step up to the Premier League.
I think he will go on to be a really good player. Just needs to improve his physicality, which he will naturally. I'd be happy to use him as backup next season, with the view that he can be Shaw's long term successor. The problem for next season is having a first choice left back because Shaw is unreliable.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Antonee Robinson feels a tad too old for what he offers. I think we can find younger defenders of similar price/quality.

I'm also sceptical of Ait Nouri who is an excellent LWB but can he play LB too? Also I read that Wolves want some decent fee so again, we could find cheaper options.

Hernandez would be the dream signing on that position, but I dont think we stand a chance without CL. We could still try to tempt him. But he'd cost at least 60m.

Miguel Gutierrez looks interesting, but has a slight risk of being a one season wonder. I still like his profile and he's got an affordable release clause.

Ian Maatsen is definitely interesting depending on where he sees himself next season. Has a release clause, but I could imagine him staying at BVB.

Alejandro Grimaldo has never really worked a s a pure LB and with Xabi extending I guess the chances to get him are 0%.

Alfie Doughty looks a player who could pull it off and is EPL proven. Definitely worth a try if we wanna spare some money for other positions.

Leif Davis would be the most risky one but his stats are so impressive. I mean no matter what league, 20 assists as a pure LB is amazing!
Ye id go all out for Hernandez. We shouldn’t be looking at back ups to shaw. We should be looking at better to replace him. And if shaw accepts a squad role then we’d have 2 decent choices at LB. Shaw can’t be relied on to keep fit. Malacia looked like a good young back up at the time and still could be but all depends if he puts this massive injury behind him.

H10

Huseyin 10
Mentioned it before, but Ferdi Kadioglu of Fenerbahce is a very good attacking minded modern left back, right footed though. The commentator said Arsenal scouts were at the last game to watch him live, so might potentially end up there.

msjmohd83

Ye id go all out for Hernandez. We shouldn’t be looking at back ups to shaw. We should be looking at better to replace him. And if shaw accepts a squad role then we’d have 2 decent choices at LB. Shaw can’t be relied on to keep fit. Malacia looked like a good young back up at the time and still could be but all depends if he puts this massive injury behind him.
time to move on from Shaw, he's been here since 2014 !

davidmichael

Having a selection choice of Martinez, Shaw and Maguire as left sided centre back and Shaw, Gutierrez and Amass at left back is a great selection problem to have and it would allow us to bring a top right sided centre back as first choice like Silva, Diomande or Todibo and someone like Adarabioyo as back up alongside Maguire and Kambwala.