The manager has lost the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
sick and tired of seeing Solskjaer smiling in interviews after bad results. I know he has a way about him but show some fury mate. show the fans you absolutely will not stand for terrible performances like this. its just awful
He did that once, after the away match against Everton shortly after being made permanent manager. But it's just not his character. I wouldn't mind if he had other traits that made him inspired, but he doesn't.

Acquire Me

I will be honest I don't understand the context of the first sentence, sorry. :lol:

And I agree with you, while I truly believe that Ole did a good job, I also think that it was done this summer. If he is sacked it will be perceived as a failure instead of a job well done and the beginning of a new chapter with a more suitable coaching staff.
I should have had one more quote to be fair :lol: not going to fix that though, just to much hassle :lol:

It is sad that it will be seen as a failure. But that’s life I guess.

OrcaFat

Not before top 4 is gone. I think he'll still be here next season.
No, no. Lots of people say that but it’s not true. The board will not stand by and watch the club burn down. I give him a month but if we lose to Atalanta I honestly think he will be sacked if we then lose to Liverpool. He’s on the brink now.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I should have had one more quote to be fair :lol: not going to fix that though, just to much hassle :lol:

It is sad that it will be seen as a failure. But that’s life I guess.
Yeah I completely disagree with those saying Mourinho did more. Mourinho killed the soul of the club along with dreadful signings and alienated the entire club. Ole actually has done a solid job rebuilding the squad and bringing optimism and belief into the supporters and club, but it's also evident he isn't the guy to make the next step required to challenge for big trophies.

RedCheekz

I wish ole would step down. He must know he is out of his depth now and he’s hurting united. He’s done good job with transfers but we ain’t winning nothing with him manager.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Judging by this game? It sure as feck looked like it, not just this game, but this season as a whole we've seen

• Incredibly sloppy passes and touches from most of our players. Its fecking embarrasing
  • Our "press" is fecking pathetic. You have maybe 1 or 2 players pressing, but no one else following up which makes us incredibly easy to pass though
  • So fecking casual, pedestrian and cowardly on the ball. Except Greenwood, Bruno and Shaw, no one seems to take any fecking responsibility and/or chances with the ball. Get the ball its pass it sideways like its a hot potato
  • ZERO commitment in duels. Are we all a bunch of fecking fannies? United DNA my foot, these players seems to be infused with potato DNA

Maybe Ole's lost the dressing room and fair enough thats curtains for any manager. BUT if that is the case, the players are also a bunch of dense cnuts, because if it was that hopeless, they should have made their stance knows A LOT earlier

Al Capone

I loathe to call for a manager to be sacked, especially a club legend. BUT Unfortinately Ole is woefully out of his depth and has been for a long time if truth be told.

The players look technically inferior to every team we play and I know that ain't true. Tactically none existent, stray passes, mis controlled balls, duels lost, needless fouls, poor defending and decision making the list can go on and on. He simply does not have the requisites to coach these players as their is no style or plan that I can see.

More worryingly, I can't see a manager out there that is available that I can 100% say for sure that 'he's the guy to sort this mess out'.

We are in serious danger of this season being pretty bad and hurtful if we are not careful :-(

OmarUnited4ever

Its not about Ole. The question of players putting in an effort is completely outside the question of who manages the club.

The players play the match. Not the coaching staff. Who sits in the dugout is irrelevant. The idea that fans find excuses for players to just not put a shift in makes my blood boil.

Yeah ...players are to be blamed for the terrible efforts today.

But that is also does not take away from the fact they Ole and his coaching staff are shit.. coaching wise

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I would've been calling for his head even if we'd won this game. A shambolic performance. We've been outplayed in almost all our games this season.
yeah and further back as well.

I just never get excited anymore for United. Its like being with a woman you dont love anymore but you stay because you've been together so long!

clarkydaz

Judging by this game? It sure as feck looked like it, not just this game, but this season as a whole we've see
  • Our "press" is fecking pathetic. You have maybe 1 or 2 players pressing, but no one else following up which makes us incredibly easy to pass though
  • So fecking casual, pedestrian and cowardly on the ball. Except Greenwood, Bruno and Shaw, no one seems to take any fecking responsibility and/or chances with the ball. Get the ball its pass it sideways like its a hot potato
  • ZERO commitment in duels. Are we all a bunch of fecking fannies? United DNA my foot, these players seems to be infused with potato DNA

Maybe Ole's lost the dressing room and fair enough thats curtains for any manager. BUT if that is the case, the players are also a bunch of dense cnuts, because if it was that hopeless, they should have made their stance knows A LOT earlier
They do say teams are the embodiment of the manager

passing-wind

Had no time due to hectic schedule what have people seen in the game to determine this thread ?

reddevilchennai

He should be sacked tomorrow.
If they sack him, the Glazers wont do this but I would appoint Roy Keane in the interim.
He will have the players respect...and fear.

And he has solid knowledge of the game.
No chance of appointing Roy Keane. He doesn't have the experience or Fergie's approval. Club will hire Zidane or Conte who are ready available.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yeah, maybe. Looks very bad now. But there are still a few mitigating factors. Very recently there were plenty players talking up the team spirit. A couple of decent wins will right the ship but in all honesty, I don’t see where those wins are coming from.
Big question is: Does that team spirit include the manager? Or is the team as a whole convinced, that Ole has to go?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don't think he has lost the players but there are players out there with zero accountability getting on the team sheet no matter what they do, so that has to irk the others who are sitting on the bench with no opportunity to show what they have and stake a claim.

clarkydaz

I don't think he has lost the players but there are players out there with zero accountability getting on the team sheet no matter what they do, so that has to irk the others who are sitting on the bench with no opportunity to show what they have and stake a claim.
but supposedly he is a good man manager. As thats all can be said about him

OrcaFat

Big question is: Does that team spirit include the manager? Or is the team as a whole convinced, that Ole has to go?
I think it does include the manager and I think he deserves the credit for creating that environment. But confidence in your leader can turn in a short period, even on a single decision, moment of weakness. His recent public demeanour can’t be helping.

Offsideagain

Greenwood and Rashford put in a shift. Sancho is being ruined by the coaches. I love Ronaldo, but I believe all the other palyers are in awe (who wouldn’t be) and are looking for him all the time. This performance especially after the Everton debacle will piss him off big time. Don’t know how he will react. He may be causing more problems than he is solving.

Giggsy13

When the most rational and patient of our supporters start to question the manager, you know the end is coming soon .

reddevilchennai

I said interim until we get a proper manager.
Not having Fergie's approval would be a blessing.
Why do you have to go through the interim manager route again when two managers who have won a lot are available on the line. Who else will be available at the end of season apart from these two. The season is still fresh and we can challenge for the title if we appoint a right manager soon.

Matt007a

Oles coaching deficiencies wouldn’t be a problem if he was able to identify and hire the right staff to help him. SAF wasn’t exactly a tactical genius but he knew how to oversea a world class coaching team and recognised his own weaknesses. He was probably the best man manager the PL has ever seen, but Ole is still decent in this area from what I’ve heard and read.

If he’s lost the players, it’s not the man it’s his managerial ability and probably that of the coaches below him. They all need overhauling.

stw2022

I think he only had the dressing room because he never challenged his players. Been saying it for months. Never does he bollock from the touch line. Never does a player emerge in second half looking like he’s had a flee in his ear for a poor showing. When has playing badly ever been a reason why he’s taken someone off as opposed to constant like for like subs?

What was it Lingard said? Ole is his friend as well as his boss?

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
To be perfectly honest, his first two signings soured me on Ole. It's just my opinion but I hate having those two. One can't attack, the other makes us not being able to play higher up the pitch.

Those two signings exposed what kind of manager Ole is. He wants us to attack and press high, apparently. And goes on and signs these players. Has VDB and Sancho and doesn't know what to do with them.

Completely absent of any tactical ideas beyond "hoof it forward, run and hit them on the counter". Signs players seemingly on random and then expects results. His biggest luck was Bruno and how well that worked out. Saved his job almost single handedly. But it can't go on forever. Now Bruno has a slump and it's all crashing down.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
If they sack him, the Glazers wont do this but I would appoint Roy Keane in the interim.

No, no, no NO.

I love Keane, but his track record as manager is worse than Oles AND hes the kind of volatile personality like Jose/Conte that leaves a mess behind. It seems like Oles time is up, but we still need to find a suitable replacement

stw2022

You do wonder once his time is over here and players can speak out without being accused of disloyalty if we will find out how much of a third rate PE teacher he is. I think Sancho must be frustrated with what appears to be the “play over there” limit to the tactical instructions he receives from the manager

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Given that Pogba has basically come out and questioned his tactics, shows that the he has lost the players.

Infra-red

No, no. Lots of people say that but it’s not true. The board will not stand by and watch the club burn down. I give him a month but if we lose to Atalanta I honestly think he will be sacked if we then lose to Liverpool. He’s on the brink now.
The club won't burn down - we're just in for an average-to-poor season.

If we scrape 4th, he'll get another year; if we don't, he won't.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't think he has lost the players just yet. A few more bad results then yeah, but not yet, for most players anyway.

TheRedDevil2019

Ole deserves time to turn this slump around, he's done it before to be fair to him. However if this run continues he'll be gone by December. I used to defend Ole when I saw the club needed further recruitment and the right signings.

Ole can't hide behind that anymore. When we've signed the goat, arguably the best CB in the world and a supremely talented winger. The excuses cannot keep being rolled out to save the man.

For now I don't think he should be sacked but this cannot go on. The season has barely started and already we are on a slippery slope. I'd love nothing more than to see Ole lift the prem as manager. Would bring a tear to my eye in all honesty but I also acknowledge that he should quite rightly be on borrowed time if the situation doesn't improve soon.

Coxy

Ole deserves time to turn this slump around, he's done it before to be fair to him. However if this run continues he'll be gone by December. I used to defend Ole when I saw the club needed further recruitment and the right signings.

Ole can't hide behind that anymore. When we've signed the goat, arguably the best CB in the world and a supremely talented winger. The excuses cannot keep being rolled out to save the man.

For now I don't think he should be sacked but this cannot go on. The season has barely started and already we are on a slippery slope. I'd love nothing more than to see Ole lift the prem as manager. Would bring a tear to my eye in all honesty but I also acknowledge that he should quite rightly be on borrowed time if the situation doesn't improve soon.
Doesn’t it tell you something if we’ve been in a slump before?

Oranges038

Not sure he'd have the will to do it or if he'd be good enough. I'd love to see it, but I can't ever see Roy being employed by the club in any manner once SAF is still knocking about the place.

These bunch of soft cnuts would be crying like babies once Roy delivered a few home truths. Some of these players are on their 4th manager since Fergie left, but it seems it's always the managers fault.

I get that players can lose faith in the manager. But in my view that is no excuse for not giving 100% and trying your best to win the game. You can tell when players aren't arsed, this looks now like the players have lost faith in Ole and have essientially downed tools. The tried and trusted method for getting rid of the manager.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Why do you have to go through the interim manager route again when two managers who have won a lot are available on the line. Who else will be available at the end of season apart from these two. The season is still fresh and we can challenge for the title if we appoint a right manager soon.
Zidane would be a good appointment.
But does he even want the job?

SirAF

Ageist

I love Keane, but his track record as manager is worse than Oles AND hes the kind of volatile personality like Jose/Conte that leaves a mess behind. It seems like Oles time is up, but we still need to find a suitable replacement
Keane’s obviously not suited as a full time United manager, but I’d actually LOVE to see him as the caretaker for a few months just for the hell of it :keano:

0le

The writing is on the wall but it will be a long goodbye, as it was with Mourinho after Sevilla.

steve.crowford

Chelsea hardly concede goals, but every player in our back 4 is a better player on paper than theirs. It´s a management issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.